Sponsored

Mopar 2” Fox Shocks vs. Rubicon Fox Shocks

Mac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Hydro Blue Max Tow
TF 1.5 front and Daystar .75 rear. No sway bar link changes. I don't think you need them with these spacers. If you go to two inch, at that point I would get AEV spacer kit that comes with end links and shock extensions.
thank you
Sponsored

LoJac963

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
I went from stock Rubi to the Mopar lift. I actually loved the soft feel of the factory Fox shocks on the Rubi. I would definitely say the ride is firmer with the larger shocks from the Mopar kit but that being said the ride is still very nice. Also, with the longer travel I would hit the bump stops on large speed humps going to my local hardware store. After the lift the longer travel and larger shocks just absorb those humps without issue and no jarring effect of hitting the bump stops.

OP
OP
Renegade

Renegade

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
Build Thread
Link
TF 1.5 front and Daystar .75 rear. No sway bar link changes. I don't think you need them with these spacers. If you go to two inch, at that point I would get AEV spacer kit that comes with end links and shock extensions.
Sway bar link length is just as much about shock length as lift height, maybe even more so. If your links aren’t long enough,
you can rip your links off when the axle droops. I’ve done it...

Eric Kern

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Launch Edition Bright White (stock) / 2009 Harley Davidson Night Train / 2021 Yamaha GP1800R Riva Racing Stage 1+
Just finished install with 1.5 inch leveling kit in the front and 3/4 inch Daystar spacer in the back. The stance is perfect now with 35 inch tires, exactly what I was looking for.

In terms of ride quality. The ride is very similar with Fox 2.0, only slightly firmer. But the bounciness in the rear is no longer present. The truck feels much more planted now.

Fox 2.0 are exactly same width, but about 1.5 inches longer in the front, and about 1 inch longer in the rear. Rears are long and I would not recommend installing rear fox 2.0 shocks without some sort of spacer. At full flex, the spring will have some play it and can shift. So don't install Fox 2.0 without the spacer.

Tip: Scissor jack was used to push the rear axle down to give myself some more wiggle room with springs. Doing it alone is a bit of a pain.

898F75EA-885F-41FB-AC92-EF06BC0FE564 2.JPG
Which fox shocks did you go with? The 2.0's intended for 0-1.5" lift? P/N -171 &-219?

Sponsored

Eric Kern

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Launch Edition Bright White (stock) / 2009 Harley Davidson Night Train / 2021 Yamaha GP1800R Riva Racing Stage 1+
you got it. They work surprisingly well with Mopar lift springs as well..
Ive been looking at buying Fox 2.0 in the 2-3" length for the Mopar springs, but the shock is listed at 29.6" extended for the rear, their is no way possible that the spring doesnt come unseated at full flex...just cant see it...

OP
OP
Renegade

Renegade

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
Build Thread
Link
Ive been looking at buying Fox 2.0 in the 2-3" length for the Mopar springs, but the shock is listed at 29.6" extended for the rear, their is no way possible that the spring doesnt come unseated at full flex...just cant see it...
There is a secret Fox 2.0 for the rear which is 28” extended. It’s the one spec’d for the JKS 3” lift. I got mine from Northridge.

Eric Kern

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
There is a secret Fox 2.0 for the rear which is 28” extended. It’s the one spec’d for the JKS 3” lift. I got mine from Northridge.
Do you have a fox P/N for this? Ive searched and keep coming up empty. Ive even contacted Fox about what JKS lists as their 2.5-3.5 fox shock P/N, and Fox says that number was for an F150 and is discontinued.

Eric Kern

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ive also chatted with someone recently who also said they have the JKS kit with the fox rear 982-24-927 (this is the P/N JKS lists, and Fox says wont even fit a Gladiator as it has a stud on one end for the F150) (and the -177 for the front, but not important to this convo)...anyways, he sent me a bunch of pics of the shocks, and on top of the rears its engraved 985-24-220, which is what i originally wanted and Fox lists as their "2-3"" option...but 29.6"???Thats long.....

OP
OP
Renegade

Renegade

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
Build Thread
Link
Do you have a fox P/N for this? Ive searched and keep coming up empty. Ive even contacted Fox about what JKS lists as their 2.5-3.5 fox shock P/N, and Fox says that number was for an F150 and is discontinued.
FOX 982-24-927
Northridge still shows them in stock, but they list the incorrect specs.

Sponsored

Eric Kern

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Can you double check what’s engraved on top of the shock (where the shaft exits the body)? Cuz this is from Fox..

5AB5BD5B-9F17-45FE-94D2-37A8B0D7CFFE.png

0A31725D-590F-4643-BDB1-43B3A84136BC.png

rmerkushen

First Name
Roman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Solutions Architect
Thats only 1.1 inch longer than a Mopar lift shock. I have a shock specification thread with all shock lengths that I have been able to capture. You have to remember that the shock is mounted on an angle, so its not a 1.1 inch drop. More like 3/4 of an inch. But I am curious if this will work with mopar springs. Here is the table.

Jeep Gladiator Mopar 2” Fox Shocks vs. Rubicon Fox Shocks 1613067784328

OP
OP
Renegade

Renegade

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
Build Thread
Link
Can you double check what’s engraved on top of the shock (where the shaft exits the body)? Cuz this is from Fox..

5AB5BD5B-9F17-45FE-94D2-37A8B0D7CFFE.png

0A31725D-590F-4643-BDB1-43B3A84136BC.png
I can check later when I get home. The image below is straight from JKS' website. It is interesting that they list the longer measurements now too when you link to that shock. It's possible that they revised this part for JKS (Fox and JKS are owned by the same parent company), but that would necessitate longer rear brake lines, which the kit still doesn't appear to have. I can confirm that they are (or at least were) 27.95" long. I used to have a photo of the box top, but I used the box to ship my old shocks when I sold them. I really think someone has entered the wrong specs somewhere, and they are being referenced by multiple websites. The lengths listed (29.69" extended) are the same as those for the generic 2"-3" lift Fox 2.0 rear shocks. When you do a Google search, you will find them listed elsewhere with the 27.95" length.
Jeep Gladiator Mopar 2” Fox Shocks vs. Rubicon Fox Shocks 1613067987063

Last edited:

Eric Kern

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thats only 1.1 inch longer than a Mopar lift shock. I have a shock specification thread with all shock lengths that I have been able to capture. You have to remember that the shock is mounted on an angle, so its not a 1.1 inch drop. More like 3/4 of an inch. But I am curious if this will work with mopar springs. Here is the table.

Jeep Gladiator Mopar 2” Fox Shocks vs. Rubicon Fox Shocks 1613067987063
Awesome table!!!! Definitely putting a sticky on this thread! Lol....and that’s sort of the direction I’m leaning...I have zero issue with the Mopar lift, I ran It on my JKUR, was great for what I needed, never an issue...might get It for the JT, but feel like maybe the provided shocks are a little limiting...(but they are beefier 2.5s)...but the 2-3” Fox 2.0s jump to close to 30”...idk, just trying to find a good combo...

Eric Kern

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I can check later when I get home. The image below is straight from JKS' website. It is interesting that they list the longer measurements now too when you link to that shock. It's possible that they revised this part for JKS (Fox and JKS are owned by the same parent company), but that would necessitate longer rear brake lines, which the kit still doesn't appear to have. I can confirm that they are (or at least were) 27.95" long. I used to have a photo of the box top, but I used the box to ship my old shocks when I sold them.
1613067987063.png
Yeah definitely let me know what they stamped the shocks with (prt number) I believe you they’re 28”, im just curious if they’re uniquely identified.....

The plot thickens even more....asked JKS about It alittle while ago, they got right back to me essentially saying whoever I talked to at Fox was wrong, maybe at one point that number was for F150s but it’s proprietary to them, and they’re sister company’s, blah blah blah...so he did confirm that’s a legit JKS P/N specifically valves for that lift...waiting to see if he comes back with more specs for me...
Sponsored