First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKU Rubicon HR, 2017 Cherokee, 2021 JTR
Occupation
Retired Peace Officer
Local Firestone dealer in Mesa, AZ charges $160 for the lifetime alignment and will not sell it if you have a lifted vehicle. So I went in and bought it when the Jeep was new and un-touched but when I took it in for an alignment after I had my 3.5" lift with 8 adjustable control arms they said they didn't do adjustments on aftermarket control arms to align Jeeps. Took it to another Firestone store in Phoenix and they basically told me the same thing. So I tried another store in PA on my trip to the Bantam Jeep Fest and they said the same. The term they used was "the life time alignment was a something and go alignment, company policy". Perhaps Firestone stores elsewhere deal with it differently, if so you're lucky.
Sponsored

DocMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S, 2001 Audi TT Roadster, 1930 Model A Hot Rod, 1973 VW Square Back
Occupation
Education
Yup. Thankfully BMW makes parts for their old cars. Need a part for the 1995 S6 or the 2001 TT.....NO LONGER AVAILABLE... But BMW coolant. Shit must be pissed out by unicorns and collected under a full moon. It's stupid expensive and MUST be used.

You think Mopar is bad, try BMW.... For BMW, there is no "retail price" that dealers have to top out at, so, they can charge over retail price that is shown on the internet .... So, when you go to the parts dept., here is the discussion.

1. I need part XXXX
2. We have that part for $XX.
3. But, the retail price online is less at $X.
4. Yes, I can give you that retail price.
5. I come here all the time to fix this old BWM, can you give me a discount ?
6. yes, I can give you a 15% discount on that price.
7. Thanks.

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver
what do you base this on? IMO AEV has been making well engineered quality Jeeps and parts for years, you can pretty much thank AEV for the Gladiator.
Aev worked with Chevy and built the zr2 bison.

steelponycowboy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Peace Officer
Aev worked with Chevy and built the zr2 bison.
I'm sorry but AEV have overpriced parts and we all know about the defective rims. As with most overpriced aftermarket items, you are paying for the name, not necessarily the quality you are expecting.

Sponsored

Riccochet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JKR | 2020 Ram 2500 | 2021 JT Sport
Some of these aftermarket companies are really proud of their welding skills when they ask ridiculous prices for their products. $1000+ for a bumper that's not even powder coated.

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Launch Edition
Occupation
Geek
Then again, it could be far worse. I have a friend with a 4Runner who can't even look at a bumper for under $700 *without* powdercoating. And their vendors seem to want a very high premium to do it. So you get a bare bumper that you have to deal with locally coating. WTF. And a friend with a WJ who had to spend over double what most of us spend for a Wrangler/Gladiator bumper.

Also, a company can and should "ask" for any amount they want. If you don't like the price, vote with the dollars. This is what creates the best value in the market.

eaglerugby04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Rubicon Gladiator, Toyota Prius, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Network Security
Life is too short to do what someone else can do for $40. But yes, all reports are that Wave is truly free.

Our BMW came with several years of truly free everything, including a loaner even just for an oil change. They get $150 normally.
So true. I have priced them out multiple times and with deals the cost differential is usually within $10. For that cost I just work from the dealership that day and really don't care how long it takes.

eaglerugby04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Network Security
I was referring to the Gladiator. When I started searching for phone holders, I quickly saw the racket of selling 2 pieces and all kinds of complicated add ons. I couldn't justify 70 -100 for a phone holder.
Lol so true. Without a CD tray there is no way to mount in these things. So glad I got the 8.4 and don't need a phone mount.

Another aftermarket part this reminds me of is mirrors for the doors off. CMM are the only ones that actually work well as mirrors and those things are expensive as hell.

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Geek
American Outlaw mirrors work also, and are expensive, but half the price of CMM.

Sponsored

eaglerugby04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Network Security
American Outlaw mirrors work also, and are expensive, but half the price of CMM.
I ended up just getting used to no mirrors this summer as my solution. Im just going to hold out for JL/JT mirror movers from quadratech if they ever end up making them.

Ill make it rain for anybody that can get me a-pillar mounted truck mirrors, lol

steelponycowboy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Peace Officer
I ended up just getting used to no mirrors this summer as my solution. Im just going to hold out for JL/JT mirror movers from quadratech if they ever end up making them.

Ill make it rain for anybody that can get me a-pillar mounted truck mirrors, lol
Just saying, pretty sure every state has regulations that require a minimum of a drivers side mirror, some require both. It's probably only a small fine though of under $200 if you run into the wrong LEO. In AZ you could be safe, you have to do something pretty stupid to get pulled over (we've had 50+ days of 110 degrees plus this summer, who wants to write tickets) but I know plenty of people who have been cited in Moab and CA for stupid stuff like tires stick out from the fender flares, driving with windshield down, and yes no mirrors on the tube doors.

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Geek
AZ does not require side mirrors unless the rear view is obstructed. So just the single center mirror is legal here. CA requires two mirrors, and specifies one must be on the left side. Don't know about other states, those are the only places I go to regularly.

I use my side mirrors more often than the center, so I want them to be functional. It makes me crazy not to have them. Maybe because of so much time on motorcycles and towing, where those are my only mirrors.

Freebooter

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mojave, 2020 124 Spider Abarth
Occupation
Almost Retired
Mike Toler Jeep gave us a great deal on Mopar wheels and Nitto Ridge Grapplers for the JL. They had a tire sale and we got 5 wheels, tires, mounted balanced cheaper than internet cost on the tires and wheels! They also delivered the old wheels and tires to our house! I like the dealership and am talking to them about wheels and tires for the JT.

I think everyone is raising prices because they know what we will spend to fix up our jeeps!

steelponycowboy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Peace Officer
AZ does not require side mirrors unless the rear view is obstructed. So just the single center mirror is legal here. CA requires two mirrors, and specifies one must be on the left side. Don't know about other states, those are the only places I go to regularly.

I use my side mirrors more often than the center, so I want them to be functional. It makes me crazy not to have them. Maybe because of so much time on motorcycles and towing, where those are my only mirrors.
Federal DOT regs require a mirror on the drivers side. I don't think any state can disregard this as it is a Federally mandated safety requirement. AZ probably doesn't enforce it, just like they don't enforce so many MVD/DOT regs unless someone is being an idiot.

As for whether or not another state can enforce their regs to out of state motorists is another question. All states have reciprocity with drivers licenses and registrations. Logically if your vehicle is legal in your home state it should be legal in all 50 but I can tell you that CA and UT will write you a citation if its not legal in their state. Now you can take the time and money to fight it but most people pay the $200 or so fine and forget it.

As for my center mirror, can't see anything out thru the back due to top and gear. Have a separate 1080p camera front and rear that displays over a full OEM type rear view mirror. But like you, I use my side mirrors more often than the center, it's a matter of safety.
Sponsored