Sponsored

P0300 Misfire Before Gladiator had 400 Miles on it. Back to the dealership for the 3rd time.

Vmanftr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
IBought a new Gladiator overland in November. Within 2 weeks and before putting 400 miles on it I received my first CEL for a P0300 Misfire. Have had several other misfires with no positive action taken by dealership. I dropped it of again at the dealership on June 4th for the same recurring issue. They finally said it was ready today (20 days later) when I picked the Jeep up and started it it had New CEL for another misfire. Ridiculous! I have been a lifelong jeep owner and this is pure misery. @JeepCares obviously you guys dont I am not the only loyal customer having this issue.
Sponsored

SJK

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon; 2020 Gladiator Rubicon; 2017 Wrangler Willys;
IBought a new Gladiator overland in November. Within 2 weeks and before putting 400 miles on it I received my first CEL for a P0300 Misfire. Have had several other misfires with no positive action taken by dealership. I dropped it of again at the dealership on June 4th for the same recurring issue. They finally said it was ready today (20 days later) when I picked the Jeep up and started it it had New CEL for another misfire. Ridiculous! I have been a lifelong jeep owner and this is pure misery. @JeepCares obviously you guys dont I am not the only loyal customer having this issue.
Call Jeep Cares. They are assisting me with the same problem And have been very helpful. Reportedly, a programming fix will be available in August.

Whitarmy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 2014 JKR
Call Jeep Cares. They are assisting me with the same problem And have been very helpful. Reportedly, a programming fix will be available in August.
that’s awesome to hear. I got tired of the reset the codes game after having my truck for days and started resetting them myself. I assumed it was a program thing making the truck too sensitive

cecaa850

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator 2019 Porsche Macan S 2018 BMW M2
You would think that if a software fix will cure this then more vehicles would be affected. Fingers crossed for you.

Gameshow

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
I too am skeptical of a software fix. Given some of these cases end up with engines getting worse over time even to the point of failure, I'd assume a manufacturing defect - block machining, maybe? There are also now thousands of JTs on the road nationwide and mine was the first my dealership has seen (they still have it, BTW). I'm really curious what @JeepCares is finding with the data they are collecting on VINs. Is there a common manufacturing date time frame? How about a common component manufacturer? Whatever the case, do not assume that any repair your dealer tries will work. It's Einstein's definition of insanity at this point.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Vmanftr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
Bought my Gladiator in November. Have been dealing with misfires since December. Vehicle has been at the dealership since June 4th for the latest event. @JeepCares obviously couldn't care less. I had the situation escalated to a case manager that I have yet to get into contact with.
For those of you who have gotten your vehicle bought back or replaced did you have to go through the lemon law legwork?

OP
OP

Vmanftr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
Bought my Gladiator in November. Have been dealing with misfires since December. Vehicle has been at the dealership since June 4th for the latest event. @JeepCares obviously couldn't care less. I had the situation escalated to a case manager that I have yet to get into contact with.
For those of you who have gotten your vehicle bought back or replaced did you have to go through the lemon law legwork?
Still no response from @JeepCares or case manage supposedly handling this issue. Zero customer service. Jeep could care less about loyal customers or pawning lemons off on the public.

cecaa850

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I too am skeptical of a software fix. Given some of these cases end up with engines getting worse over time even to the point of failure, I'd assume a manufacturing defect - block machining, maybe? There are also now thousands of JTs on the road nationwide and mine was the first my dealership has seen (they still have it, BTW). I'm really curious what @JeepCares is finding with the data they are collecting on VINs. Is there a common manufacturing date time frame? How about a common component manufacturer? Whatever the case, do not assume that any repair your dealer tries will work. It's Einstein's definition of insanity at this point.
Jeep engineers are working on it not Jeep Cares. VINs and info is being collected from the service departments that are dealing with these vehicles by Jeep engineers when the dealers call in for help. Jeep cares is purely PR and really has no teeth.

OP
OP

Vmanftr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
Jeep engineers are working on it not Jeep Cares. VINs and info is being collected from the service departments that are dealing with these vehicles by Jeep engineers when the dealers call in for help. Jeep cares is purely PR and really has no teeth.
I'm not looking for @jeepcato actually fix the vehicle. I amm looking for them to provide the customer service side of this that we all deserve. Tons of people having this issue " engineering" is working on it is not acceptable after a month of not having your vehicle.

JeepCares

First Name
JeepCares
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Family
Occupation
Customer Care
Still no response from @JeepCares or case manage supposedly handling this issue. Zero customer service. Jeep could care less about loyal customers or pawning lemons off on the public.
Hi @Vmanftr
We were able to respond to your private message. Please continue to work with us there in order to avoid missed communication.
Also, please know that our case managers are expected to provide updates within two business days of initial escalation. Thank you for your patience as we work with your dealer to resolve this for you.

Kathryn
JeepCares

Sponsored

cecaa850

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Are you having the same issue, unfortunately now it's time for attorneys and bad pr.
Not currently but following very closely. I could be wrong but it seems that this is happening to vehicles with fairly low mileage. It seems once you experience it, you can't get rid of it and if you get to 5 or 6000 miles without it you probably won't experience it. I'm at about 4900 miles and pretty much drive with my fingers crossed.

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
Sounds like you need to just Lemon Law it if you meet your state criteria.

What has the dealership actually done to address it?

Gameshow

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Good clarification, but that brings about the question of how centralized the management of the situation is at Jeep. At my service center, I was told Jeep engineers asked if the dealer "had replaced the spark plug" of the cylinder (P0306) throwing the error. Huh? Are you talking with the rest of your engineering department? That was the first thing they tried, along with the coil on that cylinder. Now, that having failed, they are about to replace several components under the valve cover on the left side of the engine, to include the cam. These are highly skilled technicians, and they don't appear to be getting much more support from their structure than I am on the PR side.

On the @JeepCares front, you are likely somewhat correct. However, I will say that in my business, the concept of the making the customer happy is at least on par with if not above fixing the problem. We will go to amazing ends to ensure the customer leaves not just satisfied, but willing to come back in public (like this board) to proclaim how fantastically they were treated by us, the manufacturer. Jeep should know that bad experiences in the manufacturing world have a cancerous effect, and the only way to prevent that is to fix the problem while ensuring the customer is comfortable with the approach, and their overall experience. That is what @JeepCares should be focused on. We're not quite there yet.
Sponsored