Sponsored

P0300 Misfire Before Gladiator had 400 Miles on it. Back to the dealership for the 3rd time.

cecaa850

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator 2019 Porsche Macan S 2018 BMW M2
Good clarification, but that brings about the question of how centralized the management of the situation is at Jeep. At my service center, I was told Jeep engineers asked if the dealer "had replaced the spark plug" of the cylinder (P0306) throwing the error. Huh? Are you talking with the rest of your engineering department? That was the first thing they tried, along with the coil on that cylinder. Now, that having failed, they are about to replace several components under the valve cover on the left side of the engine, to include the cam. These are highly skilled technicians, and they don't appear to be getting much more support from their structure than I am on the PR side.
The engineers probably asked that because the dealer didn't state it when they opened the case. They need the entire picture in order to help. From what I'm reading most are having multiple cyl misfires (P0300) and you have an issue with cyl #6.

From what I understand, there's the people at Jeep that help the techs and another group of engineers who are trying to figure out what's going on. The support the dealership gets is based on the most current information that the dealership support techs have. Obviously they don't know the ultimate cause of the problem yet or everybody's Jeep would be fixed.
Sponsored

Gameshow

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
The engineers probably asked that because the dealer didn't state it when they opened the case. They need the entire picture in order to help. From what I'm reading most are having multiple cyl misfires (P0300) and you have an issue with cyl #6.

From what I understand, there's the people at Jeep that help the techs and another group of engineers who are trying to figure out what's going on. The support the dealership gets is based on the most current information that the dealership support techs have. Obviously they don't know the ultimate cause of the problem yet or everybody's Jeep would be fixed.
Mild clarification: I am having both P0300 and P0306 codes, as well as the accompanying "Service ESS" prompts. It's also interesting that the ESS system will sometimes still function, even with the CEL illuminated. That surprised me.

Gameshow

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
That is surprising.
It was one of those "that's not possible" moments with the service tech - until I went to the ESS status page with the CEL on and it pretty clearly said "ESS Ready." It had auto-stopped several times on the way to the dealership...

lewishouse

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S, Max Tow
Dropped mine off at the dealer yesterday for the P0300 and low and behold they are tearing the top of my engine apart. They said they got misfires on 2 and 4. Also, couldn't reproduce the crappy steering. I told him they obviously didn't drive it then because its like you spent the afternoon at the bar and now your trying to keep it straight. And to top it off there are no loaners available.

Sponsored

Gameshow

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Dropped mine off at the dealer yesterday for the P0300 and low and behold they are tearing the top of my engine apart. They said they got misfires on 2 and 4. Also, couldn't reproduce the crappy steering. I told him they obviously didn't drive it then because its like you spent the afternoon at the bar and now your trying to keep it straight. And to top it off there are no loaners available.
Hi, @lewishouse

Please feel free to add your story to the survey thread on this topic here: https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/forum/posts/523100/

ForestTech

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Occupation
Forestry
I just bought a Gladiator and after 250 miles im having the same problem. It's been at the dealer twice and is still currently there. Multi cylinder misfire etc.... They have replaced the #2/4/6 cylinder head, CO censors, and are now replacing the rockers and rocker arms. Next Monday will be 30 days and the start of the Lemon Law buy back.

OP
OP

Vmanftr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
I just bought a Gladiator and after 250 miles im having the same problem. It's been at the dealer twice and is still currently there. Multi cylinder misfire etc.... They have replaced the #2/4/6 cylinder head, CO censors, and are now replacing the rockers and rocker arms. Next Monday will be 30 days and the start of the Lemon Law buy back.
Sorry to hear it..I'm still dealing with this ..nothing but headaches. Jeep will not help you. be prepared to fight for yourself..you are your only advocate. @JeepCares couldnt care less.

JeepCares

First Name
JeepCares
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Family
Occupation
Customer Care
Hi @lewishouse and @ForestTech
We certainly share your concerns here, as this is not what we hope to hear in regards to a new vehicle ownership experience. I apologize for the late response - please send our team a private message with your VIN so that we may further investigate for you. If your vehicle is still being serviced, we would be happy to open a case on your behalf.

Kathryn
JeepCare

Sponsored

halsjeep

First Name
Hal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, 2019 Jeep Cherokee
Occupation
PI
Saturday morning I cranked up the Gladiator and the engine light came on. Error codes 0300 and 0304. Says the #4 cylinder has multiple random misfires. I just turned 10,300 miles. Very disheartening to read all the other posts. Dropping off with the dealer on Monday and will see what happens.

OP
OP

Vmanftr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
Saturday morning I cranked up the Gladiator and the engine light came on. Error codes 0300 and 0304. Says the #4 cylinder has multiple random misfires. I just turned 10,300 miles. Very disheartening to read all the other posts. Dropping off with the dealer on Monday and will see what happens.
Good luck...mine has been there since June 4th...to make matters worse customer services communication skills are as inadequate as their engineers technical proficiencies. I go weeks without hearing a peep. Hope your experience is better ,but be prepared for a long battle.

halsjeep

First Name
Hal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, 2019 Jeep Cherokee
Occupation
PI
Good luck...mine has been there since June 4th...to make matters worse customer services communication skills are as inadequate as their engineers technical proficiencies. I go weeks without hearing a peep. Hope your experience is better ,but be prepared for a long battle.
In NC they have 4 attempts to fix it or if they keep it more than 20 business days by law they have to refund the full purchase amount. I’m hoping they can resolve this quickly. I”m not happy about not being able to drive it!

Gren71

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT sports S Max Tow
Occupation
Magician
Vehicle Showcase
Got in today and had the dreaded code! P0300...also had U0010. I cleared them with my scanner and they haven’t come back..I’m sure my dealer will say I shouldn’t have cleared the, but I’d rather not drive another week with the codes waiting for the appointment I just happened to have scheduled a week ago. I didn’t feel anything with the idol or startup that made me think it had a miss fire..,has anyone figure this out yet? Will the dealer make a stink if I have a k&n drop in filter and throttle body spacer on ?

Under-Pressure

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Will the dealer make a stink if I have a k&n drop in filter and throttle body spacer on ?
The dealer may not make a stink but if FCA reps & engineers get involved they will flag your vehicle. Return it to stock before bringing it in. Give NO ammunition to be used on you. Good luck!
Sponsored