Sponsored

Painted fender flare defects?

JT71

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Just noticed after owning for a few days the painted flares have defects, like 3 to 4 per. Looks like fisheye or little dents/impressions. You can only see them at certain angles. Is this common on these painted flares?
Sponsored

Dmehrl

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep gladiator high altitude
Occupation
Shop manager
Vehicle Showcase
Mine are good.

tbaker

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 silver Jeep gladiator rubicon
Just wait till you drive it around for a while you will have rock chips on the painted fenders I have the black fenders on my gladiator and they have places where the road stuff has made little chips in them

OP
OP

JT71

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Just wait till you drive it around for a while you will have rock chips on the painted fenders I have the black fenders on my gladiator and they have places where the road stuff has made little chips in them
Yea I know rock chips will happen, but a majority of these are on the top of the front flares. Probably just issues with the clear but it looks like crap once you notice. Not quite fisheye but close.

Dmehrl

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep gladiator high altitude
Occupation
Shop manager
Vehicle Showcase
Only 1509 miles on mine so far, no chips yet, I stay well behind cars in front, has to help šŸ˜‚

Sponsored

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
Yep, get use to it. Nothing will stop it not even 3m will save them. My buddy had his jk flares wrapped in the 3m and they still got chipped up and look like crap 3 yrs later. That's why I always opt for the black non painted flares.

OP
OP

JT71

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Yep, get use to it. Nothing will stop it not even 3m will save them. My buddy had his jk flares wrapped in the 3m and they still got chipped up and look like crap 3 yrs later. That's why I always opt for the black non painted flares.
Not sure who you are responding to, but my original post wasn't about chips, its about defects in the flare paint like little dents or impressions fresh off the lot.

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
Not sure who you are responding to, but my original post wasn't about chips, its about defects in the flare paint like little dents or impressions fresh off the lot.
Yep, those are pretty common things that happen to the painted flares as well. I've seen bunches of them with the imperfections like that. I was just saying that it's small potatoes compared to how they will look in a few years after rocks from the road and trail rash. Also they aren't cheap to replace either. The black non painted ones you can find pretty cheap on marketplace or craigslist normally. I already had to replace one of mine and found the front 2 for $100.

punk'n

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R.I.P '20 Overland (totaled) Welcome home '21 Rubi
There are no paint defects/imperfections I can find on any parts of my painted fenders. I also have no rock chips after 4800 miles.

Sponsored

Casique

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 HA Gladiator, 2011 FLHX, 2022 MDX
Mine look perfect! No paint or body issues.

jbehrn

First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
I found a few paint defects on my fender flares after I purchased it. Lucky the detailer that put a ceramic coating on my Gladiator was able to remove all but one. Iā€™m not impressed with the quality of Jeepā€™s paint at all.

OP
OP

JT71

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
I found a few paint defects on my fender flares after I purchased it. Lucky the detailer that put a ceramic coating on my Gladiator was able to remove all but one. Iā€™m not impressed with the quality of Jeepā€™s paint at all.
Had the dealer look at it and he said it was bracket screws and there was nothing they could do about it. He tried showing me on another Gladiator and I think we saw 2, I have like 9 or more. I didnt know there was brackets on the top of the fenders, thought they were held on only by those plastic caps. Didn't want to argue cause it was already 110 out so I left. I'll end up replacing them with the black textured fenders whenever they get back in stock later this year.
Sponsored