Sponsored

People who factory ordered in july/august...

Garemlin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Nacho Willys Gladiator
I think your truck just reached out of my screen and slapped me in the face. Dang, looks good especially with the black grille and wheels. Add gecko to my list of what-if colors.
Lol it is "in your face" for sure. I wasn't sure how it would look, but I'm really glad I took a chance on the heritage tan interior. Goes great with Gecko IMO.

Jeep Gladiator People who factory ordered in july/august... 825888BF-CAC4-4A04-97C1-AC2117B27A3E

Jeep Gladiator People who factory ordered in july/august... A3FED909-BAF1-40AF-AB57-8A26C465EABD
Sponsored

ygrignon

First Name
Yanik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Sport S Max Tow, Maserati Ghibli, Audi Q5
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Engineer
The configurator let me add it to the Freedom trim level as well
Yes, that was a special Sport edition that can no longer be ordered since July. You might be able to find one on some dealer lot somewhere.

badger719

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport
They won’t start building 22s until at least mid November. If you are ordering a Rubicon or a Mojave then I think late December early January is possible. If you are ordering something else, then expect to wait longer.

FYI, I placed my order on July 27th and expect my Sport S Max Tow around mid November with a little luck.
I ordered my base Sport the same day you did and it arrived last week. Picked it up last Thursday.

OP
OP

mattsmith712

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 xj
Occupation
Jack of all trades
10/25 stealership called and said it was in shipping with an ETA of 10/29. 10/29 came and went. Checked with heep chat on 11/2 and they said the ETA was 11/8 - 11/17. I'm honestly afraid to check with jeep chat again and find out it got revised to an even later date.
The wait continues.

Sponsored

OP
OP

mattsmith712

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 xj
Occupation
Jack of all trades
Hey yo! Arrived today at noon. Picked it up this evening from Chapman. Excellent dealership if anyone in the northeast is looking to order.
NICE. And it's stick. Good man. Thoughts after having it for 2 weeks?

Green_2021

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator (on order)
Occupation
Pipefitter
NICE. And it's stick. Good man. Thoughts after having it for 2 weeks?
I love it. The only thing I wish I had done extra is the bedliner. Everyone around here wants 600-700 and are weeks out on scheduling.

I got a clutch extension for my wife and will admit I haven’t taken it off. It lets me sit back just a bit further and I’m more comfortable.

OP
OP

mattsmith712

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 xj
Occupation
Jack of all trades
I love it. The only thing I wish I had done extra is the bedliner. Everyone around here wants 600-700 and are weeks out on scheduling.

I got a clutch extension for my wife and will admit I haven’t taken it off. It lets me sit back just a bit further and I’m more comfortable.
I ordered the bedliner with the thinking that I didn't want to go through the hassle of getting it done locally. That and the price from the factory wasn't bad at all.
My biggest gripe with the 3.6/6 speed combo is the way I drive and what I'm used to. My daily is a 5 speed 95 xj. The 4 Liter makes all the torque down low. Let the clutch out and it goes. My daily before that was a 350/5 speed s10 blazer. The 3.6 gladiators that I've driven made me look like an amateur. I stalled the last one I drove a good half a dozen times. There's no torque down low. For that matter you have to rev the nuts out of it to make it do anything.
I can't speak for anyone else who drives stick daily and is reading this... But... For me, I get kind of pissed at myself when I do stall it because I so infrequently stall it. Previous to that last gladiator I drove - it had probably been a couple years since I last stalled a car.

Green_2021

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator (on order)
Occupation
Pipefitter
I ordered the bedliner with the thinking that I didn't want to go through the hassle of getting it done locally. That and the price from the factory wasn't bad at all.
My biggest gripe with the 3.6/6 speed combo is the way I drive and what I'm used to. My daily is a 5 speed 95 xj. The 4 Liter makes all the torque down low. Let the clutch out and it goes. My daily before that was a 350/5 speed s10 blazer. The 3.6 gladiators that I've driven made me look like an amateur. I stalled the last one I drove a good half a dozen times. There's no torque down low. For that matter you have to rev the nuts out of it to make it do anything.
I can't speak for anyone else who drives stick daily and is reading this... But... For me, I get kind of pissed at myself when I do stall it because I so infrequently stall it. Previous to that last gladiator I drove - it had probably been a couple years since I last stalled a car.
It’s a different way I’ve learned to start off. More of a hit the gas and feather the clutch as apposed to feathering them both. All and all I’m still happy I went with the 6 speed. Yeah the auto probably gets better mpg. Yeah it can tow more. Yeah it might be quicker to 60 but I’m in it for the driving experience. I got the soft top for ease of opening it. When the top is back and music is up and I’m rowing away on that trans you can’t wipe the smile off my face.

OP
OP

mattsmith712

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 xj
Occupation
Jack of all trades
Put 100 miles on it in 24 hours. The house it's parked in front of belongs to one of my coworkers. We are installing the hvac so that's why the jeep got muddy. We had to get the furnace into the basement (walk out basement with a double door) and it's heavier than hell. The yard is a mud pit. Throw the furnace on the jeep. Drive it around back, get the tailgate right inside the door. No people got muddy. Jeep looks better with some mud on it.

I f'n love this thing

20211113_092442.jpg

20211113_103829.jpg
Sponsored