Please show me your Steps

Swayze

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Rockslide Engineering steps. Just had them installed the other day, was previously running AMP PowerStep.

IMG_1377.jpeg
How do you like these vs the amp power step? These seem ready for more serious off-roading.
Sponsored

DAVECS1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Rockslide Engineering I love these things
Jeep Gladiator Please show me your Steps 20200118_185943
Jeep Gladiator Please show me your Steps 20200617_193422

pkings

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4runner
No, they work with the OEM Rock Rails installed. The Ace Engineering rock Sliders mount up to the body mount brackets. I like the extra protection of having my OEM Rubicon Rock Rails and these are the still in place at the same time (plus I like the look).
Nice. I thought I was going to have to settle on some that would force me to remove them. I like the stock rails but need the step for the kids and wife. Gonna order these. Very nice truck btw

desertfox73

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon LE, 2019 Raptor SCrew
How do you like these vs the amp power step? These seem ready for more serious off-roading.
I like them better for three reasons. First, you can purchase armor for them that will do a great job adding another layer of protection. Second, they tuck up considerably higher than the AMP steps (at least a couple inches). Third, because a half dozen times i would put a cup of coffee on the deployed power step, only to forget it, close the door, and then watch my coffee get squashed between the step and the truck. The rockslide steps have a full-time “rail” that is wide enough to set things on and doesn’t go up and down.

TRI-JAB

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Samson-'20 Gladiator,'07 BMW Z4,'22 BMW M340 xDriv
Build Thread
Link
Nice. I thought I was going to have to settle on some that would force me to remove them. I like the stock rails but need the step for the kids and wife. Gonna order these. Very nice truck btw
Cool - post up a pic when you get them. Two things about them:
1. Mine took about 6 weeks to get. Just letting you know. They are worth the wait IMO.

2. Check outpost #25 fromhttps://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/forum/threads/samson.25179/page-2

Those front bolts have Red Loctite on them. Red Loctite needs to get heated to around 550-degrees F for removal. There was a bit of a pucker factor when I did mine - everything went fine. Plenty of other folks on the forum have installed them as well. Their advice to me was to take my time, heat the bolts and don’t rush it.

Sponsored

pkings

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4runner
Cool - post up a pic when you get them. Two things about them:
1. Mine took about 6 weeks to get. Just letting you know. They are worth the wait IMO.

2. Check outpost #25 fromhttps://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/forum/threads/samson.25179/page-2

Those front bolts have Red Loctite on them. Red Loctite needs to get heated to around 550-degrees F for removal. There was a bit of a pucker factor when I did mine - everything went fine. Plenty of other folks on the forum have installed them as well. Their advice to me was to take my time, heat the bolts and don’t rush it.
Will do. ace said they're looking at about 3 to 4 weeks to ship. I'm having the dealership install them as I dont have the time or space currently to do them and they will be on the hook if something goes wrong . I'm guessing the dealer knows about the red loctite but will tell them about it just to make sure

saintpauljeff

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Gladiator Rubi, '03 BMW Z4, '20 Mitsu OutSport
Occupation
Software Developer
Anyone know a good flat black touch-up paint for flat black powder coated side steps? Already seeing a little bit of rust on the rear corners.

HoustonGobi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
I like them better for three reasons. First, you can purchase armor for them that will do a great job adding another layer of protection. Second, they tuck up considerably higher than the AMP steps (at least a couple inches). Third, because a half dozen times i would put a cup of coffee on the deployed power step, only to forget it, close the door, and then watch my coffee get squashed between the step and the truck. The rockslide steps have a full-time “rail” that is wide enough to set things on and doesn’t go up and down.

I'd like to add the RSE steps also help keep a lot of the mud/junk off the sides and doors. We went through a lot of mud today and this was all that got up on the doors.

Jeep Gladiator Please show me your Steps IMG_20200706_154610

Nannook of the north

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 sport
Anyone know a good flat black touch-up paint for flat black powder coated side steps? Already seeing a little bit of rust on the rear corners.
The big silver colored can of "Rustolem high performance enamel" in flat black would be your best bet for this. Very good paint too.

Unforgiven77

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Owner/Operater Trucking
N-Fab EPYX steps on with 2" lift and 35's

20200705_075635.jpg

Sponsored

LiftedrubiconJT

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 rubicon gladiator
Installed @ACE Engineering rock sliders that act as steps for us. I really like the look and my wife really likes having a step to get into the JT!

6A9E918A-E880-404B-B507-F3367DFA7AA6.jpeg

4FE0E25E-69BA-47D6-B47F-E800DC67FBFB.jpeg

4B863844-848F-47AB-9CC5-BBD6F517EFB5.jpeg

https://aceengineeringandfab.com/collections/gladiator/products/ace-jt-gladiator-rock-sliders

The Ace Engineering Rock Sliders stick out about 4-inches and make a perfect step up into the JT!

8E7993A3-F78E-47A0-89E5-EA3A6BAF76C7.jpeg

I have some install pics under my build thread:

https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/forum/threads/samson.25179/

Here is an overhead view:

7989EB91-122B-448F-94DC-409FABF999A8.jpeg

Another note: if you are considering mounting a 'Grille Guard" - these really look good with a grille guard. My wife hated my grille guard until I mounted the rock sliders. Really ties everything together - just an opinion.

Keep on Jeepin'
What bed cover do you have

TRI-JAB

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link

LiftedrubiconJT

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 rubicon gladiator
I swapped out the OEM soft rolling cover for an Rugged Ridge Rolling Hard Cover Tonneau.

C53E9D29-7EC8-4E9F-9DA6-3427D393BAE8.jpeg

877E3C50-0B3D-4B6B-B249-7D9219E214B7.jpeg

515FACFF-C979-40B6-AC02-ABEDDA299F80.jpeg
Rugged ridge looks good, I’ve been looking at them and might get the tri fold version.

TRI-JAB

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Rugged ridge looks good, I’ve been looking at them and might get the tri fold version.
I like the added security of the hard cover... Anyone really wanting in will eventually find a way, My mentality is like a safe - a professional is getting in, but most professionals are not targeting what I have. I want to delay the intrusion enough for me to know and respond.

pkings

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4runner
I like the added security of the hard cover... Anyone really wanting in will eventually find a way, My mentality is like a safe - a professional is getting in, but most professionals are not targeting what I have. I want to delay the intrusion enough for me to know and respond.
hey tri-jab. was curious if you noticed any slight imperfections on your fender where the fender meets the fender liner. Referring to it not as smooth or slightly raised edge on the fender? I noticed one of mine has a slight raise where the fender meets the liner. Never owned a jeep before and am told it's common but don't know of i'm being lied to. Will upload pic of mine to show you. BTW i ordered those ace sliders , can' t wait for them to ocme in
Sponsored