Please tell me there's other soft top options

Higher_Ground

First Name
J. T.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Sport S
I like the look of that bimini plus top but all those straps on the paint make me cringe. If it flutters at all I can't see how they won't scuff it all up.
Sponsored

TommyGp

First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 EcoDiesel Rubicon
Occupation
at a job
I received an email (in broken English 😁) yesterday from Suntop. It looks like mine is shipping early July.
That's the timeframe Ryan told me mine should ship as well. Apparently I got the last one they have from this batch.

TommyGp

First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 EcoDiesel Rubicon
Occupation
at a job
Maybe we should form an OG Gladiator SunTop Owners club on the forum? LOL!

Sponsored

Lateralus

Banned
Banned
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Only if you all take a pic in front of your trucks with the top rolled to the front and all of you have huge rolled up bangs too lmao.
It's not THAT big rolled up to the front. It's pretty low profile unlike the factory top...

Jeep Gladiator Please tell me there's other soft top options Man-Bun-Taper-Fade

TommyGp

First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 EcoDiesel Rubicon
Occupation
at a job
Only if you all take a pic in front of your trucks with the top rolled to the front and all of you have huge rolled up bangs too lmao.
It doesn't look much different than the lights people mount to the top of the windshield.

My gut tells me I'll spend a lot of time with it in safari top mode for some shade. In KC you only get about 3-4 weeks of spring and fall weather where you don't want shade.

Sponsored

Sazabi19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Kia Cadenza, 2020 Jeep Gladiator JT Sport S
It doesn't look much different than the lights people mount to the top of the windshield.

My gut tells me I'll spend a lot of time with it in safari top mode for some shade. In KC you only get about 3-4 weeks of spring and fall weather where you don't want shade.
I'm not a huge fan of those either but at least used correctly and not just for show they have a real reason to be there, not lazy manufacturing.

JTWAVE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Couldn't you just take the HardTop off and put in a garage or leave it at the house. It's only a 10 minute job removing the hard top. Just saying, if your removing the whole thing then why even have a soft top, seems pointless to me.
Actually you don't have to point it out. I was at a jeep club meet and greet about 5 weeks ago and the soft top looking stupid was a pretty hot topic, even with the guys who had them installed. Wish they would of made it go down on the bed and rest there, I could give up a little rear view blockage to have it look respectable.
Agree. I didn't get the soft top, because of how ridiculous it looks. I too would give up a foot or so of bed space for the top to sit there.

JTWAVE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'll chime in on the Suntop. I have the hardtop w/the Bestop Sunrider.., great for Spring and Fall, agree maybe not the best looking but a fast way to get some sun for the front people. I'm not keen on the look of the "factory" soft but I agree with all the comments on the ease of use of the soft top and likely why it doest go all the way down.
I emailed Suntop a few weeks ago and as of 4/29 they said they were approx 40-60 days out (a good bit of the summer).., Covid delay. Price said to be $950-$990 US. They sent some pics and it looks interesting, only thing is the top rolls up toward the front and looks like it stays there, not sure if it removes easily. Looks odd rolled up to the front but could grow on me. Id assume it won't be very quiet when in place either but here in SE PA we get maaaaaaaybe 3 months good weather so I can deal with it. Also..., two colors..., Black Diamond and Sand.
Just my $0.02
Sounds like it locks you'd have to lower the windshield and screw it in like the best top bimini. Probably why it rolls forward. It's the only way to get a good waterproof tight fit up front.

JTWAVE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I lay a couple towels across the top of the bed rails. Then I open the back sliding window so I can get a good grip on the inside and it evens the weight out. I put my arm inside the open back glass and lift it up and grab it with my other free hand and walk to back and I then then sit it down on the top of the bed on the towels. Then I jump down and grab it off the back and put it in the garage.

It's pretty easy if you do it that way and you don't bang up the bed of the truck because the towels are there.
First time I took my hard top off, I laid it on the bed rails and scratched them. Should have used towels. Now, I have a hoist. Super easy.
Sponsored