Sponsored

Plug and USB ports in rear...

Jeep24MA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
In the 2021 model, do we know what models come standard with the actual plug and 2 usb charging ports in the rear? The Sport S doesn’t unless you upgrade to the 8.4 package for $1,999. Do the rest of the models have it? Willys, etc.? Thanks!
Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
In the 2021 model, do we know what models come standard with the actual plug and 2 usb charging ports in the rear? The Sport S doesn’t unless you upgrade to the 8.4 package for $1,999. Do the rest of the models have it? Willys, etc.? Thanks!
So you are asking which come with the 110 outlet (meaning the 400 watt power inverter) on the back of the console along with the USB ports, one charging only, the other connected to the USB hub (if I have that worded correctly) ?

OP
OP

Jeep24MA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Yes sir! On the back of the console for the rear passengers.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Yes sir! On the back of the console for the rear passengers.
My overland has those and I'm not sure what got them there, I have most options, including the 8.4 premium audio group........ I tried looking at the window sticker and the build sheet, but can't determine from there, sorry.

OP
OP

Jeep24MA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
My overland has those and I'm not sure what got them there, I have most options, including the 8.4 premium audio group........ I tried looking at the window sticker and the build sheet, but can't determine from there, sorry.
Your premium audio group gets you those!

Sponsored

marcwithac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S Max Tow
Can you get the 8.4" screen in a Sport S in 2021?

OP
OP

Jeep24MA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Can you get the 8.4" screen in a Sport S in 2021?
Yes, you can. It’s a $1,995 upgrade though. Just wondering if it’s worth it for that price since all I really want is a couple USB ports for the kids. I think there is 1 on the front console and 1 in the glove box so maybe I can run those to the backseat.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Yes, you can. It’s a $1,995 upgrade though. Just wondering if it’s worth it for that price since all I really want is a couple USB ports for the kids. I think there is 1 on the front console and 1 in the glove box so maybe I can run those to the backseat.
Go to Walmart or Best Buy or look on Amazon and get a USB hub - that will give more ports. Then yo can run one single cable back, even under mats, carpet, seats, whatever, and have a hub in the back for them to plug into.

There was no way I was not going to get the 8.4 radio - with my eyes - and I'm glad I have the premium sound to drown out the highway noises with roof panels out and windows down.

OP
OP

Jeep24MA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Go to Walmart or Best Buy or look on Amazon and get a USB hub - that will give more ports. Then yo can run one single cable back, even under mats, carpet, seats, whatever, and have a hub in the back for them to plug into.

There was no way I was not going to get the 8.4 radio - with my eyes - and I'm glad I have the premium sound to drown out the highway noises with roof panels out and windows down.
Thanks! I’ll have to take a look! I appreciate the advice.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks! I’ll have to take a look! I appreciate the advice.
Here's a sample of what I mean - I had one I used on a PC that blew the USB ports on the system board when I plugged my wife's iPod into it - I got several more ports to use for the camera, GPS updating and charging, that sort of thing. In your case, you may need it for power only but the better ones extend everything, not just charging.

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=usb+hub&ref=nb_sb_noss_1

Sponsored

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow Sting Grey
I didn't get the Premium audio packable and plans are to add the USB Plugs to the back soon. The cost shouldn't be anywhere near $2000.

PLEG1972

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeel Gladiator
Occupation
Maintenance Supervisor
I installed something similar to this. Look on Amazon. It has jumper cable clamps on one end and is way longer.. Took me longer to put the plastic wire wrap/conduit stuff on it then to install it.. 30A might be over kill for your needs but you never know what the future holds in store for your Jeep. I have a fridge freezer combo plucked into mine. It runs straight to the battery. PSA, I have a Cascadia Solar system installed to.
Jeep Gladiator Plug and USB ports in rear... Screenshot_20201006-205528_Amazon Shoppin

Hawkeyes3312

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Launch Edition
Depending on whether or not you carry your own music, I have a tiny 64GB USB installed in the back USB (Number 3). The cover closes and have 10s of thousands more songs on the road with me.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I added one of these to the back of the console of my JL Sport and one to the cargo area. Used the adapter from Q’tech for the cigarette lighter to power them.
https://www.amazon.com/Charge-Charg...rproof&qid=1602046968&sprefix=usb+boat&sr=8-4
Gregj
That's a great option if all you want is charging - the hub, though, extends the whole usb system. So he's got to decide - charging ONLY, or extend the system.
But I like the looks of your link and the on/off capability, easy install and so on.
Sponsored