5JeepsAz

5JeepsAz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 Kaiser-Willys Jeep Gladiator (SJ) 2dr long bed pickup truck
Build Thread
Link
That is what happens when you put steel wool in vinegar for about 3 weeks. Makes a rusty patina solution to age wood within 20 minutes or so.
Okay so this is plywood related. It's on topic. What's good for the goose is good for the gander. What you seem to be implying is that for m vintage gladiator pizza slice, I simply soak vinegar and steel wool for a couple weeks, applique, presto bango, I've got vintage plywood!
Sponsored

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
Okay so this is plywood related. It's on topic. What's good for the goose is good for the gander. What you seem to be implying is that for m vintage gladiator pizza slice, I simply soak vinegar and steel wool for a couple weeks, applique, presto bango, I've got vintage plywood!
yep, if you want to speed up the process add a tablespoon of hydrogen peroxide when you first mix it up. Oh and wash the 0000 steel with water and then pull it apart into small pieces. This washes the wax or something off of it, and then makes the surface area bigger i think.

I would put it in a glass jar either outside or in your garage, it'll bubble, and presumably create lots of gas, no idea if its flammable or not.

You can use it within like 3-5 days, but i think its more potent at like weeks to months when the steel wool fully dissolves. If you want to speed up the process of what i call oxidation of the wood, use a heat gun after you brush the solution on with a rag.

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
Truth be told i've never tried this on plywood, but i'm sure it'll work.

As you can see the left edge was treated this way, top edge is not and is fresh wood from my track saw. The face you can see the wipe and a bunch of splotches. This is where i rest my rag while i'm treating the edges of my "barnwood" wall in my tv room. Every one of those board was a 8+" board cut down to 3-5" wide. So 3 out of 4 faces are "fresh wood. I typically do the two miter edges and maybe the long edge if it was near eyesight.

20190416_221623.jpg

OP
OP
5JeepsAz

5JeepsAz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Truth be told i've never tried this on plywood, but i'm sure it'll work.

As you can see the left edge was treated this way, top edge is not and is fresh wood from my track saw. The face you can see the wipe and a bunch of splotches. This is where i rest my rag while i'm treating the edges of my "barnwood" wall in my tv room. Every one of those board was a 8+" board cut down to 3-5" wide. So 3 out of 4 faces are "fresh wood. I typically do the two miter edges and maybe the long edge if it was near eyesight.

20190416_221623.jpg
Thank you oh great plywood. I will study upon the methods of plywood appliques detailed above and show you the pizza slice when the time comes ...

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thank you oh great plywood. I will study upon the methods of plywood appliques detailed above and show you the pizza slice when the time comes ...
it also leaves a rusty brown stain on whatever you spill it on. lol

Sponsored

OP
OP
5JeepsAz

5JeepsAz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
it also leaves a rusty brown stain on whatever you spill it on. lol
I'm chuckling a bit thinking you have youngens that one day soon will be making magic potions themselves. I almost blew up the kitchen one time not knowing a thing was flammable.lol genetics, karma, repeating warnings to the young that adults once told you, stuff like that. I'm sure you'll be great with it, but it is worth a smile. Lol.

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm chuckling a bit thinking you have youngens that one day soon will be making magic potions themselves. I almost blew up the kitchen one time not knowing a thing was flammable.lol genetics, karma, repeating warnings to the young that adults once told you, stuff like that. I'm sure you'll be great with it, but it is worth a smile. Lol.
I almost started the microwave on fire as a kid. Put a juice box in the freezer to cool it, forgot about it, stuck in the microwave to thaw it and the little foil straw thingy started on fire. Lol

OP
OP
5JeepsAz

5JeepsAz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link

Sponsored

bangolia

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)