First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Willys
Occupation
Engineer
Soft top all year round in New England. If noise bothers you get the insert from hotheads headliners. I put mine in for winter to help with insulation, it does help with wind noise quite a bit as well on longer road trips. Super easy to instal/remove. Initially I wanted a hard shell but smiles per mile and all that gorgeous tan Iā€™m getting is totally worth it :)
Sponsored

skindata

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Assembly Technician
You live in Florida. You should already have one on it. šŸ˜‚

OP
OP
Green_Gladiator

Green_Gladiator

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mojave, 22 NX350 F-Sport
Occupation
Commercial HVAC
Got my Mojave in feb., put the Mopar Sun-rider on last month. Trust me, as much as I loved MO before I put the SR on, I love her even more. It just kicks up the entire "jeep" experience another BIG-notch. It took me one ride to get use to the looks.

I'm considering leaving it on all year, we get relatively mild winters in South NJ near the great Atlantic Ocean, and I mainly use MO only as a "Pleaseure-Craft", so I am pretty sure I will not freeze in the drivers seat with the SR on in winters...And "fairly" often we get a warmish very sunny winter day and opening up SR will make it all worth it.
Warm sunny winter days ... Miss times like that as I grew up in NY. You nailed it on the "Jeep experience" ... exactly what I'm looking to get out of the soft top!

jwilson2899

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon Launch Edition
Occupation
System Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
I never went the soft top route because Iā€™d imagine the wind noise to be terrible when times I donā€™t want the top off.
It's actually not noisy at all. Little more noise than the hard top, but I can still easily carry on a phone call or conversation over 70 MPH on the highway.

Sponsored

21Moja

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Master Distiller
Was never a fan of a soft top, sold mine the day I bought my JT...Took the money and bought a Sunrider, never looked back. I don't have kids so my backseat isn't used much, the Sunrider is perfect for me and so damn easy

Snake Eyes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Sport S Max Tow, 2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser
Had full soft top TJ back in the 90s. Have hard top on my JT. I liked both. BAck then single, did not care about noise and also did not care if I got stuck in a rain storm. Had many convertibles after when I had cars (miata then BMW).

Now in my 50s. Wife and I like the quiet of the hard top for long distance drives. Like the added security of a hard top when parked different places (especially hotels at night)

If we really want, we remove the front panels (no kidsā€¦ and throw them in the case in the bed). Takes a little more time but not much.

So basically both are great depending where you are in life!

BA33

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JL Willys Sport (sold), '22 JT Willys Sport
Occupation
Teacher
If I wasn't worried about snow piling on it, I'd likely leave my soft top on year round. Wind and heat is a nonissue for me, the premium unit at least is very good quality.
How much snow are you talking? I've had nearly a foot of wet PNW snow on a soft top and it survived without any problems. I did make sure to push broom the snow off.

OP
OP
Green_Gladiator

Green_Gladiator

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mojave, 22 NX350 F-Sport
Occupation
Commercial HVAC
You live in Florida. You should already have one on it. šŸ˜‚
...you got me on that one. And I thought I had no use for one nor would it be something I would miss not having ... well well look at me now šŸ˜‚...

Sponsored

redriderjf87

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
saltmustflow.com
Vehicle(s)
'21 JT, '81 Z-28, '18 TW200, '72 CT 175
Occupation
Electrical Controls Engineer
How much snow are you talking? I've had nearly a foot of wet PNW snow on a soft top and it survived without any problems. I did make sure to push broom the snow off.
I'm in Iowa so probably similar to what you mentioned at any given time. Given I have no real experience with the soft top on snow, just my intuition. Good to know though if it handles it pretty well.

BA33

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Teacher
I'm in Iowa so probably similar to what you mentioned at any given time. Given I have no real experience with the soft top on snow, just my intuition. Good to know though if it handles it pretty well.
The snow we get on the west side of the Cascades is wet--read heavy. It's definitely not powder.

BA33

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Teacher
The snow we get on the west side of the Cascades is wet--read heavy. It's definitely not powder.
Anyway, the soft top is more durable than you would expect regarding snow.

JTBurns

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
I love these type of threads. Ask a bunch of Jeep degenerates, "should I spend money on Jeep parts?" The answer, YES!!

Seriously though that price is amazing, don't pass it up if you want it. I have the sunrider for hardtop and love that too. I use it everyday and fully endorse it, but I pine for safari mode
Sponsored