Sponsored

POLL: WildTop - What Design Truck Cap Would You Prefer Us To Offer?

What Shape Truck Cap Would You Prefer Us To Offer?

• Current Design

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • New Design

Votes: 13 92.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

WildTop

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.wild-top.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator JT
Occupation
Soft Truck Cap Manufacturer
Hello Jeep Gladiator members and valued customers,

We have received numerous requests from our Jeep community and customers for an alternative truck cap shape that aligns with the distinctive design of the Gladiator. In response, we are considering introducing a new design option for our WildTop canopy that closely resembles the shape of the Gladiator.

To ensure we meet your preferences, we would greatly appreciate your input on which design you would prefer from WildTop.

Current Design:
Jeep Gladiator POLL: WildTop - What Design Truck Cap Would You Prefer Us To Offer? IMG_9101
Jeep Gladiator POLL: WildTop - What Design Truck Cap Would You Prefer Us To Offer? IMG_9104
Jeep Gladiator POLL: WildTop - What Design Truck Cap Would You Prefer Us To Offer? 20230309_103422
Jeep Gladiator POLL: WildTop - What Design Truck Cap Would You Prefer Us To Offer? 20230309_103352

(Prototype) New Design:
Jeep Gladiator POLL: WildTop - What Design Truck Cap Would You Prefer Us To Offer? IMG_0163
Jeep Gladiator POLL: WildTop - What Design Truck Cap Would You Prefer Us To Offer? IMG_0158

Jeep Gladiator POLL: WildTop - What Design Truck Cap Would You Prefer Us To Offer? IMG_0168
Jeep Gladiator POLL: WildTop - What Design Truck Cap Would You Prefer Us To Offer? IMG_0165
Jeep Gladiator POLL: WildTop - What Design Truck Cap Would You Prefer Us To Offer? IMG_0167

We also welcome any additional comments or suggestions you may have regarding the design. Your feedback is of utmost importance to us as we strive to enhance our products based on your needs and preferences.

Thank you in advance for your participation and valuable insights!

Sincerely,
Nick - WildTop
Sponsored

Main Line Willys

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JTR
I think you moving in the right direction, but I would bring the sides a little higher before making the bend.

jeepers29

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKUR, GC
Occupation
Domestic engineer
I kinda like the new design but would also like to see load bars that go front to back as well as side to side. That would make adding a tent much easier.

Tom C

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator High Altitude Diesel
I kind of like the new design, but, is there a reason the sides have a slope? Does it make it easier for the canopy to slide over the top?

WILDHOBO

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
I think you moving in the right direction, but I would bring the sides a little higher before making the bend.
Agreed.

Iā€™d REALLY like to see a new design that creates a soft top, with horizontal load bars, that can still be folded down for tall bed loads. I know that might be a tall order, but Iā€™d be an immediate adopter. I currently have a soft topper from another vendor, and thatā€™s the one drawback of all of them. It seems that your company is the one to attempt it, from the way youā€™ve responded to customersā€™ requests. Iā€™ll happily beta test it for you. :)

Sponsored

WILDHOBO

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Iā€™d also like to see a three way rear window, similar to how boat tops or tents are made. Meaning Iā€™d like to see multiple zippers allowing closed and opaque, closed and clear plastic, closed and screened, or of course all open and rolled up. Thanks for requesting input.

Empty Pockets

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S, Sting Ray, 6 Speed (YES!)
Iā€™d like it to print $100 bills.

Seriously, thank you, Nick, for reaching out to the members here. Itā€™s a really ballsy move and shows your dedication to making the product that we want. You wonā€™t be able to give everyone everything that they want, but you will come close.

Iā€™m pretty certain that I introduced the first thread bringing the Wild Top to the attention of our readers, and only after a few emails that you answered super quick. I love the concept and design. I was a bit put off by the steep angle of the sides and the way that this looks against the cab. But I also understand that this makes the top much stronger under a load on top. My son has the Softopper, which is a nice product. But the ST doesnā€™t have the side access of the Wild Top and I frankly didnā€™t give a hoot that the ST would fold. It was just those sharply angles sides that held me off. I was a gnats ass away from ordering when I came across a screaming deal on a RLD hard cap.
Personally, I think your new design clicks all the boxes (Iā€™m assuming that it will include the top rack bars). Heck, I may even sell the RLD and buy one of yourā€™s with front and rear windows. I like it.

rharr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JTRD 3" RKK lift, (former) 95 XJ 5sp 8" lift
i like the duece and a half rounded canopies that sit a little higher then the cab.

booneja

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport (hers) and Overland (His)
Occupation
RCAF Veteran/ Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
I think that if you curved (like pictured) the upper corner of the support it might look better, still allow for good drainage, and maybe the curve match the cab body line (my curve is not) i think you might have a winner. plus if you have the side roll up like a safari vehicle, way cool. add in the aforementioned built in load bars and I think you would be appealing to a majority of end users
Jeep Gladiator POLL: WildTop - What Design Truck Cap Would You Prefer Us To Offer? Screenshot 2023-06-06 145625

OP
OP
WildTop

WildTop

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.wild-top.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator JT
Occupation
Soft Truck Cap Manufacturer
Hello everyone,

Firstly, I want to express our sincere gratitude for the invaluable feedback and participation in our recent poll concerning the two design options for the Jeep Gladiator truck cap. Your insights and thoughts are greatly appreciated and have offered a wealth of understanding about our product from the viewpoint of the people who matter most ā€“ Gladiator enthusiasts like yourselves.

After a thorough evaluation of the results, it was clear that many of you favored the second design. We appreciate your preference and have deeply considered it during our review process. However, after much deliberation and internal assessment, we have concluded that the two designs are not sufficiently distinct to warrant a change at this time. Because, the main issue that arose was a desire for the WildTop Truck Cap to more closely follow the Jeep Cabin, which actually has a curve in it. This is extremely difficult for us to do currently, and maintain a Load Rating. So, the second option we presented is still a "generic" angle so to speak and therefore doesn't actually meet the initial scope to have a design that follows the Jeep cabin.

This does not mean your voices have been unheard, far from it. We believe there is much we can learn and incorporate from the suggested design in future iterations. But for now, we want to continue with the current design while we gather more feedback from a wider audience. Actually, in person the current design is significantly more appealing than say, compared to photos. The second design we showed, in person - sticks out wider than the Cab and it is fairly obvious and not as appealing in real.

We will be attending the upcoming Overland Expo Pacific Northwest in Oregan on 7July. Here, we will present our WildTop truck cap. It will be a great opportunity to get opinions from an audience in person who can touch and feel the truck cap and gain further insight into what enhancements could be made to meet everyone's needs and preferences.

Please understand that our decision to retain the current design for now does not in any way diminish the importance of your feedback. In fact, your suggestions are key in driving us to continuously improve and evolve our products to meet your expectations and requirements. We are keeping it on the cards within our Engineering Team to find a way to more closely match the Gladiators Cab shape.

We are committed to delivering the best quality and design for our fellow Jeep lovers and we hope to continue engaging with you in this journey of perfecting our WildTop Truck Cap for the Jeep Gladiator.

Once again, thank you for your continued support and input, and we look forward to hearing more from you in the future.

Best regards,

Jesse
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.