Rav34653

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pinto
Vehicle Showcase
Was a nice looking Gladiator till the owner put ugly useless seat in the bed and now the truck looks like crap.Complete lack of common sense to allow anyone to use a seat in the bed of a truck

ColoradoGlad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
Was a nice looking Gladiator till the owner put ugly useless seat in the bed and now the truck looks like crap.Complete lack of common sense to allow anyone to use a seat in the bed of a truck

And this most likely violates at least 10 vehicle safety codes in MOST states... LOL

wyodirt

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Secret stuff in secret locations
useless is a pretty strong opinion to come from a person that looks to of only put a couple seat covers and some rattlecan upgrades into their Jeep. Would a seat cover change your mind on this persons rig? It also looks to be a work in process, think I'll wait and see where this project goes before throwing shade on someone

Ericxj99

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jt,xj,mj,jk,tj
teraflex sells brackets for jku third row I’m pretty sure those will be easy way to install a seat on bed and jk 2 doors rear seat will fit there

Sponsored

Rav34653

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pinto
Vehicle Showcase
useless is a pretty strong opinion to come from a person that looks to of only put a couple seat covers and some rattlecan upgrades into their Jeep. Would a seat cover change your mind on this persons rig? It also looks to be a work in process, think I'll wait and see where this project goes before throwing shade on someone
Wow!!! You actually researched my Profile-Posts- and Pictures just to find an Insult to post about me, That's interesting ? Well I guess I should have just got right to my point that This Work In Progress is most likely illegal in many states and just a bad idea. It wont be ever safe and would be negligent to allow any passenger ( never children!!) to ride in the bed. and does take away from the awesome looks of the truck, in my opinion.

Dooley the Clown

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 Jeep Wranger, 2018 Honda Pilot, 2000 Honda VT1100
Okay ... just for clarification ... riding around with the doors and top off is safe, but riding in the bed with a well mounted seat and seat belts isn't ... somehow that sounds slightly hypocritical. As kids we used to ride through the mountains in Daddy's old pick-up, standing up behind the cab. No seat belts. No roll bars. No hand holds. Just balance and the drip rail over the doors. If Mama got nervous and made us sit down, we would ride sitting on the top of the sides of the bed.
I could be wrong - but I don't see how this bed mounted seat could be any more unsafe than the back seat of a CJ or YJ with no top.

JCJeep1

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 TJ 37" MT Long Arm 2004 Dodge Ram 2500 Cummins 2020 StingGrey Gladiator Sport S Tow
Vehicle Showcase
767B6056-2607-4B0C-8DBC-F9D4ACDE739A.jpeg
After reading this post, I immediately went to the basement to measure this old minivan seat. Not for transporting passengers, but it will definitely make an appearance at the drive in next summer! How did I not think of this before?!
An nobody commented on the "Drive in" reference. Only one left here in the entire state and this is where they started (NJ)

Sponsored

Rex3rd

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Pontiac GTO
In Alabama we call that backseat redneck engineering :LOL:. Seriously tho I could see where it might be good on on offroad trails where your not gonna flip but on the road your just waiting for a ticket.

giskard

First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 BMW i3s
Okay ... just for clarification ... riding around with the doors and top off is safe, but riding in the bed with a well mounted seat and seat belts isn't ... somehow that sounds slightly hypocritical. As kids we used to ride through the mountains in Daddy's old pick-up, standing up behind the cab. No seat belts. No roll bars. No hand holds. Just balance and the drip rail over the doors. If Mama got nervous and made us sit down, we would ride sitting on the top of the sides of the bed.
I could be wrong - but I don't see how this bed mounted seat could be any more unsafe than the back seat of a CJ or YJ with no top.
The problem, I think, is rollover protection (there is none over an open bed). That and you'd have to make very certain the seat is mounted strong enough to stay attached. I'm not passing judgement - me and my brothers did exactly as you described growing up. Just putting forth why the law may not allow for this type of thing nowadays ...

msujedi

First Name
Jed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport S, 2014 Durango, 2020 Ibis Ripley
Vehicle Showcase
I love the spirit of this idea! The execution of it for both form and function is yet to be seen.

Is it safe? Safer than riding a motorcycle anywhere, and those are legal. But, how safe is it? It depends who's driving and where they're driving ... traffic density, speed, terrain. If there is an extremely low probability of collision or rollover where & when you're driving, then go for it.

I'm guessing at the history of traffic laws against riding in the beds of trucks now, but ... I'm sure there were incidents involving some intoxicated yahoos driving pick-ups with bed-passengers whose antics fueled the legislation. And, speed limits have increased, traffic density has increased, and general paranoia of injury and/or lawsuits have increased = less freedom.

OP
OP
sass JT

sass JT

Banned
Banned
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
MWD
An nobody commented on the "Drive in" reference. Only one left here in the entire state and this is where they started (NJ)
We have one here in Fort Collins, Colorado... pretty cool to go to still.

syreeves

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR 6MT, 2013 Volvo XC90, 2003 LR Disco
Occupation
Liquor Attorney. So not all bad...
Reminds me of the old Subaru Brats. Their seats were better.

Jeep Gladiator Popular Mechanics: How to Make an Eight-Passenger Jeep Gladiator With 3rd Row lifted-jeep-hummer-m715-military-rock-crawler-truck-kaiser-13
Those "oh shit" grab handles are awesome. Only a dude would come up with that...
Sponsored