Sponsored

Possible DEF/derate relief?

sharpsicle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland, 2002 VTX1800
I mean, the issues they're talking about happen if you don't refill your DEF. Why wouldn't you do that in the first place?

OP
OP
staying_tuned

staying_tuned

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Previous: TJx2, JKx1, JKUx1
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Architect
I meant more of the glitches in general where if their is any fault or issue, rather than shut the truck down in X miles, it limits speed.

Rusty PW

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTRD, '11 370Z Nismo, '07 Honda VFR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Muff Diver
I mean, the issues they're talking about happen if you don't refill your DEF. Why wouldn't you do that in the first place?
When the DEF tank level sensors go bad. You get the derate. Even tho everything else is working fine. And you're stuck at 5 mph on a 70 mph highway. Not a good place to be. Glad the EPA is doing something about the problem.

fourfa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JTRD + ACCC
Build Thread
Link
“The EPA is now working on rules for heavy diesel vehicles that would go into effect in the 2027 model year.”

Gladiactor / Wrangler likely not classed as a heavy vehicle. And 2027… hope no one is holding their breath

Sponsored

OP
OP
staying_tuned

staying_tuned

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Previous: TJx2, JKx1, JKUx1
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Architect
“The EPA is now working on rules for heavy diesel vehicles that would go into effect in the 2027 model year.”

Gladiactor / Wrangler likely not classed as a heavy vehicle. And 2027… hope no one is holding their breath
Nah, haven’t had a derate (or any diesel related issue) to date but I’ve been so laser focused on the gladiator platform that it’s welcome news to hear, for me anyway. Kind of came out of nowhere at a time when it feels like EPA will continue to crush all fossil fuels.

The same article mentions high-speed vehicles being in the category for consideration. Unlike “heavy diesels”, I take that to mean anything legal to run on the highway.

@californiajeeping

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator diesel, 1977 cj5 LS swapped
So the EPA goes "5mph? we never said 5mph??".......then decides to institute guidelineis after umpteen thousands of vehicles are out there that could cause an immobilization in the middle of the freeway at any moment due to an emissions component failing.

What causes more emissions.....DPF without urea for an hour or a diesel tow truck driving 3 hours round trip to retrieve the vehicle.

EPA needs to wake up and get some common sense.
Sponsored