DFS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Raptor 37 PP 2022 Toyota Tundra Capstone
Occupation
Engineer
Hello,

I am sure I am in the wrong place but can't find the correct spot with how many sub forums are on here. I am looking at switching into a 2022 Gladiator Mojave and enjoy many things about the truck, other than it seems to be impossible to find them with the cold weather package lately. Where I live we have 4-6 months with nights below 32*. And often times, 2-3 months of close to 0* F if not sub 0* F. Will I be missing the cold weather package? I currently have a 2021 Ford Raptor 801`A with 37PP and a 2022 Tundra Capstone. I would unload both of those, as I am over $80,000 pick ups, and want something closer to function over form, while still having some comforts.

Thanks in advance,

DFS
Sponsored

jeventures

First Name
JonEric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Business
Yeah. I’d say going from the luxury of your current rigs you will want the cold weather package. I love it in mine…in the south the remote start also means a cool temp in the truck after the thin hardtop has been baking in the sun.

badger719

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport
Yes, Cold Weather package is a must. You can get heated seats aftermarket but the OEM heated steering wheel is well worth it.

Most dealers by me will order the cold weather package on just about everything.

citadelfox

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Ecodiesel
Occupation
Physician Associate
Agree with above. Just be AWARE:
The cold weather package DOES NOT come with the block heater anymore. That is a separate option.

OP
OP

DFS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineer
Thank you for the input. I too was under the assumption most dealers in the Mountain West would order with cold weather package, but I cannot find one in Boise, Reno, or SLC currently at my preferred dealers. I will put my nose to the ground and dig deeper, but surprising to see so many without it.

Also, many of the current 2022's have the Inverter deleted, which really sucks as I enjoy being able to power equipment out of the bed. Just camping accessories obviously, but have a 2022 Platinum F-150 work truck with onboard 7.2 kW generator and what a game changer for people that use the bed outlets a lot.

Sponsored

Jefe1018

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT Rubi Ecodiesel
Build Thread
Link
Sounds like you are in Northern Nevada, down south we get none of that cold weather other than like 3 weeks a year where it'll drop into the 20's.

Anywho, if you are not in a hurry, I would look into the volume shop up north of us in Nampa, Idaho. If you e-mail Kent ([email protected]) he'll take good care of you on a sold order exactly how you want it.

It sounds to me that you are very economically stable or make bad decisions like me. In either case, you'll likely not be happy with spending over $50,000 for a mid-size truck (or any really) if you don't get at least get exactly what you want.

OP
OP

DFS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineer
Sounds like you are in Northern Nevada, down south we get none of that cold weather other than like 3 weeks a year where it'll drop into the 20's.

Anywho, if you are not in a hurry, I would look into the volume shop up north of us in Nampa, Idaho. If you e-mail Kent ([email protected]) he'll take good care of you on a sold order exactly how you want it.

It sounds to me that you are very economically stable or make bad decisions like me. In either case, you'll likely not be happy with spending over $50,000 for a mid-size truck (or any really) if you don't get at least get exactly what you want.
Thank you for the recommendation. I will send Kent an email inquiry. And it is a nice mix of semi affluent, and very idiotic with vehicles. This market has allowed me to play more than I should, and it's time to stop. So I have an Audi RSQ8 for road trips, no need for Raptor and Tundra. So Jeep would be a good DD with lots of off road capabilities for hunting/exploring northern NV.

nycbhoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Mojave
Just bought a new gladiator Mojave in the Philly area. First jeep and loving it. Just added nerf bars, spray in liner and tonneau cover. It’s Soft top and had cold weather package so they are around. The dealer had another Mojave in green with a hard too and also had the cold weather package.

Is it easy to have someone install the power in the bed?

Reactions: DFS
OP
OP

DFS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineer
Just bought a new gladiator Mojave in the Philly area. First jeep and loving it. Just added nerf bars, spray in liner and tonneau cover. It’s Soft top and had cold weather package so they are around. The dealer had another Mojave in green with a hard too and also had the cold weather package.

Is it easy to have someone install the power in the bed?
I imagine it is fairly simple to add power to the bed, I just worry about anything that could compromise an already questionable electronics system by adding after market power draw. Though I know many have taken that leap and there's very few failures.

Sponsored

ZoMojave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTM (sold) '23 WL74
A big thumbs-up for the cold weather package. I am in the upper midwest and already seeing lows around 40 degrees. I am using the heated wheel and seat each morning. So, so nice to take the chill off until cab temps are comfy.

Another must have is the LED light package if you do any night driving. A huge difference. The halogens are like driving with two flashlights. 🔦🔦

And concerning another post on this thread, my brother and brother-in-law have both had GMC Canyons. 2018 & 2019. One had shifting issues resulting in transmission replacement. The other one had an engine oiling issue and needed engine replacement. QC is awful on GM's these days.

Snake Eyes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Sport S Max Tow, 2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser
Cold weather package a must. Do not skip it. I live in Southern Nevada but travel up to Utah and those mornings can get downright cold! Heated steering is so nice. Remote start is something else also that helps with those mornings.

OP
OP

DFS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineer
Thank you for the continued input, I found several in Reno that have cold weather package, so I will pursue that avenue seeing the unanimous support for it.

Jaxmax

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps....... 2021 Mojave , 2019 Wrangler
Occupation
Electrical Manager
If no one has one, order exactly what you want, the wait is long but worth it. Try going to one of the high volume large discount one like Gupton where they meet ya at the airport and you drive home. …….Jack
Sponsored