First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JT Mojave Sarge
Occupation
Gunsmith
How long do you all expect your paint to last? How long do you expect PPF to last? It seems to me that after a period of time I would rather re-paint the Jeep than to re-apply PPF for another 7K+
Sponsored

OP
OP
chorky

chorky

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
'06 TJ GE, '22 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Forester
How long do you all expect your paint to last? How long do you expect PPF to last? It seems to me that after a period of time I would rather re-paint the Jeep than to re-apply PPF for another 7K+
Thats why I put out this thread to get ideas of longevity. A re spray around here is upwards of 20K. Here's but 3 or 4 places that do any paint work and most of them are exclusively insurance deals.

KevinC

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JT Mojave Sarge
Occupation
Gunsmith
Thats why I put out this thread to get ideas of longevity. A re spray around here is upwards of 20K. Here's but 3 or 4 places that do any paint work and most of them are exclusively insurance deals.
I get it, and you are asking good questions. It's just hard for me to rectify spending that kind of money on a wrap. If I protect the paint the best way possible; parking under cover, good quality wax/ceramic coat, cleaning insects off quickly, I feel comfortable I've protected my original paint for as long as PPF would do. At a fraction of the cost. PPF is just to huge of an investment for me.

To repaint a Jeep in my area, that needs minimal body work, from a reputable shop is no where near 20K, more like 5-6K. A Gladiator may be a little higher based on the length compared to a JLU.

OP
OP
chorky

chorky

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
'06 TJ GE, '22 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Forester
u are asking good questions. It's just hard for me to rectify spending that kind of money on a wrap. If I protect the paint the best way possible; parking under cover, good quality wax/ceramic coat, cleaning insects off quickly, I feel comfortable I've protected my original paint for as long as PPF would do. At a fraction of the cost. PPF is just to huge of an invest
Unfortunately prices of everything in my area is just flat out insane. You would think this is the LA by the cost of stuff.... But the protection for me is not so much birds and stuff as it is pin striping, and rock chips in the winter from plows, and door dings that chip paint by inconsiderate people. It's' more about actual paint damage than appearance really. That being said I asked a local new painter if they would consider PPF and they said another couple coats of clear offers better protection. I dont see how... but will entertain their idea if they explain more. I plan to see them in a couple weeks just to look over the truck and talk about options and pricing.

Scott L

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Gladiator Rubicon Gecko
Occupation
Depends who you ask
Unfortunately prices of everything in my area is just flat out insane. You would think this is the LA by the cost of stuff.... But the protection for me is not so much birds and stuff as it is pin striping, and rock chips in the winter from plows, and door dings that chip paint by inconsiderate people. It's' more about actual paint damage than appearance really. That being said I asked a local new painter if they would consider PPF and they said another couple coats of clear offers better protection. I dont see how... but will entertain their idea if they explain more. I plan to see them in a couple weeks just to look over the truck and talk about
Yeah that was my biggest concern as well which was why I originally wanted the front covered. I keep my cars a long time. In fact I still have my 06 Jag I bought for my wife brand new. Car is immaculate except for some fading as we didnt have agarage for years a bunch stone chips on the hood, and roof. Thought we'd have the roof, hood and trunk lid resprayed and blended and fix one ding. Body shop wanted 6600. The straight uo and down grill of the jeep imo should be covered to protect from stones and debris.

Sponsored

1945gpw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TDI jetta, TRD off road 4runner, 1945 Ford Jeep
Picked my truck up a few days ago after getting the full body PPF. They said that the manufacturer is putting some type of ceramic coating in the clear coat now since the PPF was not adhering at all. They had to polish every panel so took 3 extra days to get done. Overall super happy with the PPF and window tint .

IMG_9257.jpeg

IMG_9254.jpeg

IMG_9263.jpeg

IMG_9262.jpeg

IMG_9261.jpeg

IMG_9260.jpeg

IMG_9259.jpeg

1945gpw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Forgot to mention I got 8mil thickness on the hard top and tail gate. Everything else in 10mil. Window tint is 5% in the back and 35% on the front two

OP
OP
chorky

chorky

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
'06 TJ GE, '22 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Forester
Picked my truck up a few days ago after getting the full body PPF. They said that the manufacturer is putting some type of ceramic coating in the clear coat now since the PPF was not adhering at all. They had to polish every panel so took 3 extra days to get done. Overall super happy with the PPF and window tint .

Jeep Gladiator PPF failures IMG_9259

Holy crap 3 extra days??? It looks fantastic but how much did it cost?

1945gpw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Holy crap 3 extra days??? It looks fantastic but how much did it cost?
Even though it was pricey, I can tell you they gave me a good discount for being a return costumer. Much cheaper compared to all the other companies who were quoting anywhere from $7500 to 10K. My price was $5500 for the PPF and $500 for the ceramic window tint.

I appreciated the owner letting me know the PPF wasn't adhering how he would like and that he wanted to keep the truck a few extra days to make sure they could take their time and polished everything correctly. He even knocked a couple hundred off the price at the end for taking longer than expected but I thanked him for the attention to detail and gave them a little tip in addition.

Overall very pleased and has already prevented a couple rock chips lol
Sponsored