First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep gladiator
Occupation
Engineer
I purchased my Overland in September of 19 with the Mopar lift and 35 Toyo's and quickly learned the truck was kind of a dog on the freeway. I decided to go with Procharger a bolt on reliable product which is when I failed :(

After 5,000 miles with the procharger installed and cruising on the freeway for it's first long trip ~700 miles in a head wind and probably low boost (didn't have a gauge but was holding strong at 76mph).. The piston came apart just above the wrist pin allow the whole thing to come apart breaking the rod and putting a whole in the block. After putting a new motor back in a new truck with 7,000 miles I found that the fuel ratio doesn't change unless I am at WOT allowing the truck to run lean until you are peddle to the floor.. Hmmm extra heat usually finds the weak link and that seems wrong compared to all tunes or AFR target tables I can find. When I purchased the full system/kit I called procharger to see if they recommended a boost gauge, AFR, Fuel pressure etc. and they told me that the tune was so safe I would be wasting my money. With the limited places to put gauges I trusted them and went with "no gauges".

So, after I have purchased the $7,500 dollar system, $10,670 repairing it and 2 months trying to get my truck back on the road. I would suggest biting the bullet and holding out for the NA Hemi. Also, don't fall for the dealership can't void your warranty for having a procharger BS they try to sell you on. The dealership probably won't even let it in the shop with a procharger on it. They charged me $149 bucks once to tell me the warranty was void when there was a hole in the block and $159 when they were going to work on the AC after the motor swap and guess what they said, "void and they won't even touch it".. I had to sign a waver in Florida to have them fix the AC as it is a liability for them to have the procharger on and they wouldn't even charge the AC..

If I could tune back time I would have went with the HEMI swap just to trust the motor. To top it all off you can't find a forged piston or performance internals for a 3.6 as it is not a race motor!
Sponsored

siggy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Wrangler JKU
I looked into this as well. Seemed like the general consensus is go V8 if you’re going down that path. Supercharging doesn’t give you much more down low like the V8 does. Sure is spendy though.