Sponsored

ProCharger Superchargers for Gladiators!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gladiator Overland

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Website
linktr.ee
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Rubi Diesel. Toyota 4Runner
Anyone noticed that other than the Procharger there's basically no other SC or Turbo kits for sale for the JL/JT? I'm wondering if they're having trouble with the higher compression on these engines compared to the JK 3.6. I'm not a mechanic by any means, but have always heard higher compression engines couldn't handle the extra boost.

I have seen another Turbo Kit for the JL, think lightbrite nation put one in. Issue was the tune was c Nd isn’t right, causing many issues for them up to loosing a old. The other issues are that they are from from the first to have shared stories with turbo kits on the JL. IMHO best route is an engine swap, second would be a supercharger. But as you mention high compression will cause issues with super high boost.
Sponsored

Captbenjy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKU
They were running the Prodigy Turbo on their JL and grenaded the engine. My point was that the JL has been out now for a year and there are plenty of mid 2018 posts or threads about SC and Turbos coming to market for the JL.

Go try and buy one and you'll see the options are limited. RIPP, Prodigy, Sprintex, etc don't offer a kit for the JL or JT on their sites.

smess

A little birdy told me that the issue is that the companies are not able to get in to the programming to adjust the amount of fuel and such that needs to be adjusted to make the vehicle run properly. Not sure if this is true but heard it from one of the aftermarket leaders in the industry who has a proven track record.

Bottom line is we have seen over and over sc and turbo companies swear on their product but we then fail to see a finished product that runs properly.

If anyone wants to take my Launch and install their product and when it is running perfect I will be happy to pay them for the product and the install. What we see is people that want to sell their kits but not want to do the install and I think we all know why.

MotoBrad

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Subaru STi, 2001 BMW M5, 2014 Yamaha WR250R, 2010 BMW R1200R,
Occupation
Heavy Duty Mechanic
I think that the compression of the engine is just simply too high to add boost reliably. Thats why they cant find the right tune, there isn't one unless you're running 100 octane all the time. Any turbo or supercharger kit should include 8.5:1 compression pistons and beefy rods. But then you really are in hemi engine swap territory...

If I can do a Hemi swap with my manual transmission JT I would consider it 5 years down the road, but I am not expecting my truck to be fast on road. It's a tank!
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.