First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Engineer
As bad as I'd love to have a new RAM, I keep hearing these horror stories about them. I'm so glad I still have my 2005 (bought in 2007)... only 160k on it.
Keep it those common rail 5.9's are sweeet and imo the 5.9 is a far superior engine in terms of longevity and durability (reliability) than the 6.7 for many reasons.
Sponsored

jwolfejt

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Engineer
I have 48k on my 22'. It's not just Ram but all manufacturers right now. 100% def issues and nothing will change.
Not entirely true - the 22's didn't have the differential pressure sensor installed in the DPF so they just regen on a static interval (Unless you got a letter or goto the dealer to demand it gets added in). The L5P's and the 2018+ 6.7 powerstrokes seem ot have htis mostly sorted out as in you can go 200k-300k miles without a huge issue - now if you live where it can get cold... then you have to worry about your DEF tank freezing over... its really just a shit situation and makes owning a diesel truck a non starter for me.

Dickster

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 gladiator rubicon, 2022 Ram 3500 6.7L
Occupation
Sheet metal
Not entirely true - the 22's didn't have the differential pressure sensor installed in the DPF so they just regen on a static interval (Unless you got a letter or goto the dealer to demand it gets added in). The L5P's and the 2018+ 6.7 powerstrokes seem ot have htis mostly sorted out as in you can go 200k-300k miles without a huge issue - now if you live where it can get cold... then you have to worry about your DEF tank freezing over... its really just a shit situation and makes owning a diesel truck a non starter for me.

I have a LP5 that lost weight because parts kept failing. It was under warranty and they were replaced, but then parts went national back order lmao. My 2017 F550 it had the def system cleaned 2 twice and ate 2 turbos in 60k miles. Some have issues some will never..

Pauliboy

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, Jeep Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Fence Contractor
GPEC5 has officially been cracked and there are several places that are doing installs for 22+ years (at least here in Colorado). As mentioned earlier though, it remains to be seen how the GPEC5 holds up to repeated tunes or is it going to be more of a one and done type ECU.

Here's a link of another company installing one on a new Gladiator as well so it is possible.
THEIR'S IS NOT a GSPEC5, it's a GSPEC2 I think Jeep kept sending the old GSPEC2's to Australia and NZ. Look at the pic below and then the pic of their Glady ECU.

Screenshot_20240218_135932_Chrome.jpg

ecidiego

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IT
Don't pay attention to this though:

Jeep Gladiator Superchargers with GSPEC5 ECU??? 1709943373986

Always check. My September 2021 has GPEC2.

Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase

JTGuy

First Name
Pascual
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20022 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Manager
If there was a CARB legal supercharger that came with a program that actually worked I would do it. So far, the best thing you can do with the 3.6 is leave it alone.
Sponsored