Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23' JTM, 22' JTR, 22' F56S,
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Lockheed Martin ASW Test Technician
Vehicle Showcase
Since I have not seen any built 3.6L motors on a Jeep. I decided to build mine since I run Magnuson and want to try to get 450-500whp.

Jeep is in the shop now getting engine redone. I should have it back in the next 30-45 days.

Purchased from
https://www.modernmusclextreme.com/p-1713-36l-v6-pentastar-forged-piston-and-rod-kit.aspxAlso got a brand new balanced crankshaft w\ help of @DAVECS1 tune

Engine Buiders:
MJM Engines ( Mike )
Website
Address: 222 N Vinewood St, Escondido, CA 92029
Phone: (760) 745-4104

unnamed (2).jpg
dude this is sick af! definitely not common. if you don't mind me asking, how much is this running you and how reliable do you think it'll be? I hear alot of people saying the 3.6 comes tapped out potential wise from the factory. with that in mind I've made a timeline to get my truck 392 swapped next year. however being that the 392 is heavier it'll take a lot of work to get my Mojave back to a stock suspension feel. but a built 3.6 would be same weight. thanks.

edit; nvmd, saw you went with a full demon kit. 392 it is.
Sponsored

Pauliboy

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, Jeep Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Fence Contractor
Just about to rebuild a second hand 3.6 V6 engine (27,000kms) with forged internals and Inter Chiller. Anyone suggest what else we should do (2 x of us are rebuilding a new engine each at the same time).
e.g. cams, lifters, closed deck, head studs, push rods, cam chains. We are not planning on running massive boost (currently 10 psi with 81mm pulley). Any feedback welcome please. We are in Sydney Australia. Currently sitting at 315 rwhp.

piroman683

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Gladiator
I wish there was an alternative lifter that could be used that doesnt result in them failing. I had the intake fail twice on mine. (I was also beating the piss out of the engine leading up to it).

I think the biggest challenge is quality tuning support. The way the systems and controls are set up on these it's really hard to squeeze out more (available) power. My dyno results were 326 rwhp with 37in tires and 4.56 gears. Livernois has an E85 tune that gets you another 50hp, but thats fuel based and not engine based.

OHJeeper

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 JTR, '08 JKUX, '08 JKUS
Just about to rebuild a second hand 3.6 V6 engine (27,000kms) with forged internals and Inter Chiller. Anyone suggest what else we should do (2 x of us are rebuilding a new engine each at the same time).
e.g. cams, lifters, closed deck, head studs, push rods, cam chains. We are not planning on running massive boost (currently 10 psi with 81mm pulley). Any feedback welcome please. We are in Sydney Australia. Currently sitting at 315 rwhp.
Is the closed deck the same as this?

Jeep Gladiator Building 3.6 with forged internals 1708126564579

I would maybe look at forged pistons, too...