Sponsored

Forged V6 internals

Would you be interested in Forged internals?

• Total voters

JT19

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Terrain
Any update, definitely going this route plus the magnuson sc

OP
OP

bullitt5897

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Waiting to install them. They can be ordered. Let me know if you want a set.

kd1yt

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator JT Sport S Red, 2014 Ural sidecar 2wd motorcycle, '51 Dodge M37
I can't do the work myself what kind of garage would I go to to get them installed. Sorry newbie here.
I ___TRULY___ don't intend this to come across as a put down, it is not intended as one, but if you are unfamiliar with the type of shop that you would would want to work with to install these, then this (forged internals) maybe shouldn't be on your priority buy/modify list. You'd want to be working with a performance engine builder, and ideally one who has very specific experience with this specific engine. Somebody who is a generalist mechanic (even someone who has built older performance engines, or who specializes in different performance engines, like imports) could really screw up your engine, to the point that even though you may have forged rods and pistons, something else could end up pretty severely messed up (and in "goodbye warranty" land). Rubitrux, which is in your general region of the US, and seems well-respected, seems to have teamed up with Petty racing engines, and that sounds like a combo that will get the details right, but that's going to be in nosebleed-high-altitude-budget territory
https://www.tomorrowstechnician.com/pettys-garage-to-power-rubitrux-with-series-of-engines/

Sponsored

DAVECS1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
I will be building one, it is a matter of when. I have a tune for it.

JT19

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Terrain
I ___TRULY___ don't intend this to come across as a put down, it is not intended as one, but if you are unfamiliar with the type of shop that you would would want to work with to install these, then this (forged internals) maybe shouldn't be on your priority buy/modify list. You'd want to be working with a performance engine builder, and ideally one who has very specific experience with this specific engine. Somebody who is a generalist mechanic (even someone who has built older performance engines, or who specializes in different performance engines, like imports) could really screw up your engine, to the point that even though you may have forged rods and pistons, something else could end up pretty severely messed up (and in "goodbye warranty" land). Rubitrux, which is in your general region of the US, and seems well-respected, seems to have teamed up with Petty racing engines, and that sounds like a combo that will get the details right, but that's going to be in nosebleed-high-altitude-budget territory
https://www.tomorrowstechnician.com/pettys-garage-to-power-rubitrux-with-series-of-engines/
I completely understand the risk and am willing to experiment around. There is a reputable shop here
I did some asking around and it seems like theres a few reputable shops here in Jacksonville up for the task. How much for a complete set?

Sponsored

OP
OP

bullitt5897

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
I completely understand the risk and am willing to experiment around. There is a reputable shop here

I did some asking around and it seems like theres a few reputable shops here in Jacksonville up for the task. How much for a complete set?
Full set (Rods/Pistons) we are looking at $2500 + shipping

OP
OP

bullitt5897

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
I can't do the work myself what kind of garage would I go to to get them installed. Sorry newbie here.
Any of the shops you work with will usually have a preferred machine shop. That machine shop will usually specialize in motor building and would likely build your short block or machine the block for the rods and pistons if it is required. It more of a ask your local performance shop who they use and ask as many questions until you feel comfortable.