Sponsored

Forged V6 internals

Would you be interested in Forged internals?

• Total voters

DAVECS1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
UPDATE: I have partnered with Pauter Machine Co. and JE Pistons. They will have the parts they need by mid week this week. It will take approximately 6 weeks to get first articles. At which point I need to determine if I test it personally or have another partner test it...
If someone sponsors me a used 3.6L I can put it together.
Sponsored

Mike1087

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Excited to see the progress

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
Only Fans Content Creator
any chance we could turn this forged kit into a stroker kit? This motor would really benefit from a bump in stroke.

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
what's the latest on the forged internals?

OP
OP

bullitt5897

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Hey Everyone. Quick update. As I mentioned we are still in the waiting for the first sets to come back. Given the mishap with JE. I have switched over to diamond pistons. Both the Pistons and Rods will have dedicated part numbers and will be available with repeatable specs.

As for the request on the Stroker kits. Honestly, I don't think it will be needed. Even with increasing the stroke 1 whole liter we will only see a real world gain of about 50-75ftlbs of peak torque. While yes that seems like a lot it really isnt.

For example. My racing VQ motor for my nissan we went from 3.7L to 4.5L (Increasing bore and stroke). What we found that while yes we did gain power it came at a cost. for one the heads weren't designed for it. secondly, we incurred more heat. Thirdly it was a slower revving motor.

Now the Pentastar is not a fast revving motor and only has a ~6k redline and in the performance v6 world thats LOW. Typically we are in the 7500 - 8500rpm range. My focus is a solid rotating assembly and from there we can push the limits of the current kits on the market.

Honestly, I thought about making a turbo kit for this platform but given the damage done by (company that shall not be named) I have shy'd away from it. I expect to have rods and pistons in hand some time in late april.

Sponsored

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
You guys are fucking rock stars.

Snzzbry_Ovrlnd

First Name
Lin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Army
Vehicle Showcase
Once you guys have it perfected, let us idiots know the cost.

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
As for the request on the Stroker kits. Honestly, I don't think it will be needed. Even with increasing the stroke 1 whole liter we will only see a real world gain of about 50-75ftlbs of peak torque. While yes that seems like a lot it really isnt.

For example. My racing VQ motor for my nissan we went from 3.7L to 4.5L (Increasing bore and stroke). What we found that while yes we did gain power it came at a cost. for one the heads weren't designed for it. secondly, we incurred more heat. Thirdly it was a slower revving motor.

Now the Pentastar is not a fast revving motor and only has a ~6k redline and in the performance v6 world thats LOW. Typically we are in the 7500 - 8500rpm range. My focus is a solid rotating assembly and from there we can push the limits of the current kits on the market.
Good gouge. Upping the displacement probably isnt worth it when you just sustain he extra boost, so great point.

I cant imagine this thing wouldnt take 7,000rpm easily enough, which i feel would be adequate? It would give you that extra little bit to pass in the lower gear.

OP
OP

bullitt5897

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Just an FYI... Diamond is pushed the pistons back to may. Pauter rods willl be delayed to may as well.

Sponsored

OP
OP

bullitt5897

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
OK Update: I should have the pistons next week and pauter is way behind. I am hoping july delivery. As soon as the pistons come in I will take pictures for you all. Now to find a cheap block...

OP
OP

bullitt5897

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Talked to my diamond rep today. Will have the Pistons by next week. The pistons are done and we are waiting on the pins to arrive for final inspections. The pins have been upgraded to tool steel and DLC coated.

Super excited. These will be available for purchase along with the rods when they come in. The rod and piston combo is rated for 800-900whp+ power levels. That means for 99% of users this will be bulletproof and overkill.

DAVECS1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Well i have worked on SC tunes for several 2021 Gladiators and they seem to be capable of producing more boost easily. I am having to work at backing it down.

OP
OP

bullitt5897

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Well i have worked on SC tunes for several 2021 Gladiators and they seem to be capable of producing more boost easily. I am having to work at backing it down.
Given the superchargers on the market I am not surprised. If you have anyone that wants to test some rods and pistons let me know.
Sponsored