Project Imogene

USN_JeepJL

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT 3.6L, 1989 MJ 4.0L, 2019 Ram 1500 5.7L
New to the Gladiator club! I think this is Jeep number 13 in the last 19 years but I've never owned a Wrangler... this might be the closest I get. My most recent builds have been named after Jeep trails in Colorado and the Gladiator is named after the trail that connects Ouray and Telluride. The two most recent builds:

JYwtn5h.jpg

The current MJ project:

GnWc0Yr.jpg

I sold my '17 Shelby GT350 last fall and put in an order for a 2020 3.0L Rubicon in Bikini... but after 3 months of waiting and after seeing a Hydro Blue JT next to a Bikini JL I changed my mind in favor of the Gladiator. I stumbled on a fully loaded Rubicon only missing a painted hard top. On the dealer lot:

OhhIncr.jpg

The plan is to build a medium capability offroader that I can use to drive from TX to Moab or Ouray comfortably... And maybe pull the MJ every once in a while (though my Ram will still be the primary tow vehicle). Normally I'd lift the Jeep myself at home in my shop but i'm on a trip right now and the dealer made me a good deal on the installed lift so I went for it. At delivery:

pFFFHmJ.jpg

Suspension:

Mopar 2" lift kit
AEV ProCal Snap
Clayton track-bars F+R

Steering:
Fox 2.0 steering stabilizer

Wheels/Tires:
Nitto Trail Grappler 37x12.5x17
Stock Jeep optional wheels
Spidertrax 1.75" spacers
Gorilla black acorn style lug nuts

Recovery/Armor:
Warn Zeon 10S winch
Mopar winch mounting plate
Factor 55 Flatlink
Factor 55 haws fairlead

Exterior:
Mopar roll up tonneau cover
Mopar sun bonnet
Mopar cab cover
ARB Intensity 7.25" driving lights

Interior:
Launch Edition red stitched dash

Near Future Plans:
4.88 gears (waiting to instal)
Paint the hard top body color

40FieO0.jpg

1QKVotL.jpg

exzvo60.jpg

The Launch Edition dash:

20aG8oh.jpg

Factory tonneau cover:

76CZ9z6.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:

Jake

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport
I thought Launch Edition trucks had matching roof paint, maybe I’m wrong about that. Anyway hope you enjoy your new ride. Looks nice.

OP
OP
USN_JeepJL

USN_JeepJL

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I thought Launch Edition trucks had matching roof paint, maybe I’m wrong about that. Anyway hope you enjoy your new ride. Looks nice.
Oh it's not a Launch Edition, they weren't available in hydro blue. I just ordered and installed LE dash panels. Jeep part numbers: 6AC241R3AA and 6AC261R3AD. I like them better than the gray painted panels that were originally there.

Loving it so far!

Jake

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport
Oh it's not a Launch Edition, they weren't available in hydro blue. I just ordered and installed LE dash panels. Jeep part numbers: 6AC241R3AA and 6AC261R3AD. I like them better than the gray painted panels that were originally there.

Loving it so far!
Gotcha

jurfie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Granite Crystal Metallic JKR; 2016 Daytona Grey Audi A5 Competition Package

Loving it so far!
Looks nice! Apparently you got lucky getting a Hydro Blue Rubicon with the grey dash panel as they're shipping them with red now, from what I understand; unless you got the Saddle interior (hard to tell from your pics).

Sponsored

Ezekielg1

First Name
Ezekiel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Wrangler 2 DR Sport (retired), 2020 Gladiator Sport
Just out of curiosity why are you installing the whee spacers?

OP
OP
USN_JeepJL

USN_JeepJL

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Looks nice! Apparently you got lucky getting a Hydro Blue Rubicon with the grey dash panel as they're shipping them with red now, from what I understand; unless you got the Saddle interior (hard to tell from your pics).
Thanks! I do have the red stitched interior. It definitely didn't look bad with the grey but a red dash would definitely have been out of place.

Just out of curiosity why are you installing the whee spacers?
They're currently installed. I needed them to clear 37's on the stock wheels as they rub at full lock.

Jeepaholic

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Loved your WK build and used it for inspiration on my own. And I followed the XJ builds on another forum as well. Can’t wait to see the JTR. My JTR is untouched, waiting to go to EJS in a few weeks to look at some JT’s in person. Good luck with this one.

9BD9EA2B-8FB7-4D31-8F05-419C707AF412.jpeg

OP
OP
USN_JeepJL

USN_JeepJL

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Loved your WK build and used it for inspiration on my own. And I followed the XJ builds on another forum as well. Can’t wait to see the JTR. My JTR is untouched, waiting to go to EJS in a few weeks to look at some JT’s in person. Good luck with this one.
Oh wow, that WK is clean! Love the Pintlers. I'm about to build another WK... this time for my Dad. Hope it turns out that clean. I'm jealous of EJS! I'll make it back again sometime. Maybe next year. I have to get the MJ done first though.

OP
OP
USN_JeepJL

USN_JeepJL

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Perfect day to take off the Freedom Panels!

QXd7jdd.jpg

WpBJrlH.jpg

E3tJjD8.jpg

hz8b9na.jpg

I had another 37 Nitto mounted on the factory spare wheel. It "fits"... for the most part. The tire had to be forced between the frame rails a bit. If I were to remove or trim the heat shield on the left side I think it would fit perfectly. Either way its up there!

iOQHKA3.jpg

The right side. You can see the tread is a little deformed where I used the tire-iron to help the tire slide up between the frame rails:

V9k11J7.jpg

On the driver-side you can see that the tire sits about a half an inch to the right due to the heat shield... I think I can trim the back half which should allow the tire to sit evenly between the frame rails and make getting it up there easier.

Pr12BPx.jpg

It only sits about an inch maybe inch and a half lower than the factory spare

oKzH66u.jpg

IKYCa3n.jpg

I also threw on some Mopar pedals and door sill guards:

JpQj9CC.jpg

Sponsored

OP
OP
USN_JeepJL

USN_JeepJL

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Also, trying to decide if I like the current wheel setup. I think I'd like the tires to sit a little more flush but can't decide.

uABz3e6.jpg

JT_Jeff

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK Rubicon, 2016 Husqvarna FE350S
Also, trying to decide if I like the current wheel setup. I think I'd like the tires to sit a little more flush but can't decide.

uABz3e6.jpg
Great looking JTR! I have the same wheels and have slight rubbing at full lock with my 35 K02s. Like you, I want functional but tires under the flares as much as possible. 1st world problems... :)

OP
OP
USN_JeepJL

USN_JeepJL

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Great looking JTR! I have the same wheels and have slight rubbing at full lock with my 35 K02s. Like you, I want functional but tires under the flares as much as possible. 1st world problems... :)
Thanks! haha, yeah, I wish the Spidertrax spacers were about half the thickness that they are. I'd run without them but the rubbing was annoying. I really like the factory wheel look so I might end up going with Quadratec Hardrock wheels as they are similar and would bring the tires back in a bit. We'll see.

Jeepaholic

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon

uABz3e6.jpg
Wheels are the hardest decision for me. I love my factory wheels, but wish they were a bit wider. I’m not a fan of wheels sticking out, even that far. I’m waiting to see the new AEV wheel when it comes out before I make a final decision.

JT_Jeff

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK Rubicon, 2016 Husqvarna FE350S
[QUOTE="Jeepaholic, post: 461784, member: 23304"I’m waiting to see the new AEV wheel when it comes out before I make a final decision.”[/QUOTE]
I had not heard this! I’m looking forward to seeing the new wheel too. My JK had Pintlers and I really liked them but wanted something different for the JT.
Sponsored