Website
www.flowcode.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT 5.7 Hemi, '21 JLUR 392, '84 CJ7, '69 CJ5
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Realtor
Love where you're going with this. Very cool. A simpler, smaller, more straight-lined bumper, with winch sitting on top would go great with the retro feel. Following to watch the progress.

IIIIIII on!
Sponsored

OP
OP
Retro Bait

Retro Bait

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT, 1917 Buick Tk
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Caterpillar technical communicator
Vehicle Showcase
Those are wheel vintiques jw smoothie. Got them from Summit racing. Wheel Vintiques can tell you the part # for the caps which summit also sells but They don't list (or they didn't)

Thet old style jeep logos where made by a sign making friend of mine locally. If you would want those I can get you in touch with him. He can even do different colors.

You will need regular lug nuts (with open end) The factory lug nuts will bottom before torque

17x8 with a 5" backspace. They also have 17x9.

They are pricey...I remember when we threw these steel wheels in the garbage and put on a set of white spokes or a set of aluminum slots. Now I pay a premium for them...go figure.

wkupson

First Name
Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sport S
You will need regular lug nuts (with open end) The factory lug nuts will bottom before torque

Can you give more details on the lug nut issue? How do I distinguish regular lug nuts from what we aready have?

Sponsored

OP
OP
Retro Bait

Retro Bait

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT, 1917 Buick Tk
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase

Can you give more details on the lug nut issue? How do I distinguish regular lug nuts from what we aready have?
Open ended cone seat. The factory lugs felt like the stud was binding into the cap.

OP
OP
Retro Bait

Retro Bait

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT, 1917 Buick Tk
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Have you built a bumper yet? I love the idea.
Actually other things took priority so I have not got it built yet. Decided to redesign anyway and lower the winch down.

sbach66

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Culinary Operations Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Howdy. What did you fill the holes in the tailgate with? Been kicking around the idea of replacing the stock badge on the tailgate with the retro logo similar to what you did, but looks like the holes would be exposed. Thanks.

OP
OP
Retro Bait

Retro Bait

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT, 1917 Buick Tk
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Howdy. What did you fill the holes in the tailgate with? Been kicking around the idea of replacing the stock badge on the tailgate with the retro logo similar to what you did, but looks like the holes would be exposed. Thanks.
I used 1/4 stainless button head Allen bolts. They could be painted to match but I just left them bare.

IanNubbit

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JL 2 Door Sport 6MT & 2022 JT 6MT Sport
Occupation
Mopar Dealer Tech
Was gonna say you gotta get the old Kaiser grille badge, but looks like you’re on it lol

EA8F9E4C-ABA2-4939-8E44-707701A7D1CC.jpeg

Sponsored

22_Sarge_Sport

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Sport S
What an awesome project. It looks amazing. Let us know how it's going.

Minty JL

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 XC90 - 23 JTM - 19 JLUR - 04 355 ZQ8
Occupation
USA(R), DoD Field Ops Engineer
Killer build for sure

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Rubicon 23 JL-JT Pile
Occupation
Design Engineer
love the retro look!

PuddleJumper

First Name
Cortlund
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23' JTM, 22' JTR, 22' F56S,
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Lockheed Martin ASW Test Technician
Vehicle Showcase
after taking a week of vacation I got most of the major mods done.

A little backstory.
In 2012 Jeep had a concept vehicle called the J12 with the old 1960's grille. I saw this rig and decided then when Jeep made it I would have one. I was somewhat disappointed when they built the new gladiator with a standard jeep grille. Not that there is anything wrong with it...I just wanted the older style.

Then I found a company (Innovative Auto Creations) that makes a conversion for the gladiator. I bought the new gladiator with this planned.
Jeep Gladiator Project retro phase two and three complete, she's coming together EA8F9E4C-ABA2-4939-8E44-707701A7D1CC

This is the concept truck I based my build from.

I removed and painted the fender flares body color but departed from the factory style and took the red all the way to the lip.

The top was two toned white and red for a bit more vintage appeal and made had the added benefit of making the inside of the truck way cooler parked in the hot sun.

The new grill panel has DRL's and turn signals so I blinded off the originals with matching vinyl wrap and also wrapped the rear lower bed trim too. The DRL's supplied with the front end will be coming out and will be replaced with amber fog lights when they arrive.

The hood and front required very little fitting and finishing. A welcome change from a lot of fiberglass parts I have worked with in the past. Very high quality.

I had originally planned on build a new grill from aluminum as the unit supplied was only a black screen. I decided to paint it like the old gladiator grilles for the time being but it turned out so well I may just leave it as is.

While all this was going on I also added the aux switches and a Redarc brake controller...Hell, no fun in watching paint dry.

Jeep Gladiator Project retro phase two and three complete, she's coming together EA8F9E4C-ABA2-4939-8E44-707701A7D1CC

My buddy came up with the term Retro-Mod to describe it. Taking a brand new vehicle that has not even had its first oil change and made it look fifty years old.
HOLY SHIT! thats the sickest Glady ever. Style wise at a min. Damn good job sir.
Sponsored