Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT, 1917 Buick Tk
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Caterpillar technical communicator
Vehicle Showcase
Been working on the truck as time allows. Added a winch bumper painted to match and a 9500# winch

Installed the Katzkin leather seats. Really wanted red and white but that was not going to work so I went with red and black with white stitching and a quilted center to give it a little retro feel.
Wound up looking like Deadpools jacket but what the hell, looks good.

Stripped off the factory decals and added a reproduction JEEP tailgate decal for an old gladiator. Also had custom vintage jeep logos made up for the hubcaps.

Phase 4 and 5 should be done in a couple of weeks. The fenders get painted body color and the top gets two toned red and white with the white on top.

Phase 5 is the completely nuts and expensive part of this project but it is what I wanted since these were concept vehicles. Will gets pics when done up.
Jeep Gladiator Project retro phase two and three complete, she's coming together IMG_0500
Jeep Gladiator Project retro phase two and three complete, she's coming together IMG_0501
Jeep Gladiator Project retro phase two and three complete, she's coming together IMG_0499
Jeep Gladiator Project retro phase two and three complete, she's coming together IMG_0498
Jeep Gladiator Project retro phase two and three complete, she's coming together IMG_0496
Sponsored

mojocho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
That is the bad-ass'est seats I've seen...

... Oh the temptation...Must never look upon those pictures again...

mojocho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Can we see a father back look of the hub caps?

WhiteJT8541

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport
Occupation
LEO
Been working on the truck as time allows. Added a winch bumper painted to match and a 9500# winch

Installed the Katzkin leather seats. Really wanted red and white but that was not going to work so I went with red and black with white stitching and a quilted center to give it a little retro feel.
Wound up looking like Deadpools jacket but what the hell, looks good.

Stripped off the factory decals and added a reproduction JEEP tailgate decal for an old gladiator. Also had custom vintage jeep logos made up for the hubcaps.

Phase 4 and 5 should be done in a couple of weeks. The fenders get painted body color and the top gets two toned red and white with the white on top.

Phase 5 is the completely nuts and expensive part of this project but it is what I wanted since these were concept vehicles. Will gets pics when done up.
Jeep Gladiator Project retro phase two and three complete, she's coming together IMG_0496
I love the JEEP logo on the tailgate. Looks great. Did you do that yourself or have it done somewhere?

Gatorized

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘06 CRV, ‘14 Mazda3, ‘20 JTR (Gator)

Well done all around! What wheels are those and how did you fill the holes on the tailgate?

Sponsored

OP
OP
Retro Bait

Retro Bait

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT, 1917 Buick Tk
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Well done all around! What wheels are those and how did you fill the holes on the tailgate?
used 1/4 stainless button head bolts to fill the holes.
Wheels are Wheel Vintiques JW smoothies. They come powder coated black.

Thanks for the compliments!

OP
OP
Retro Bait

Retro Bait

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT, 1917 Buick Tk
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase

Gatorized

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘06 CRV, ‘14 Mazda3, ‘20 JTR (Gator)
OP
OP
Retro Bait

Retro Bait

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT, 1917 Buick Tk
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

macro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Land Rover LR4
Steel wheels look cool!

When i get my gladiator I am going for wheel vitiques as well and painting them body color, just not using the chrome center. How do they perform with your tires? Can you feel the weight and are you worried about any rubbing at full articulation with the offset? Ill be using them with 37s so i am curious.

lastly can you take a shot to show how much they poke out of the fenders, if at all?

OP
OP
Retro Bait

Retro Bait

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT, 1917 Buick Tk
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Steel wheels look cool!

When i get my gladiator I am going for wheel vitiques as well and painting them body color, just not using the chrome center. How do they perform with your tires? Can you feel the weight and are you worried about any rubbing at full articulation with the offset? Ill be using them with 37s so i am curious.

lastly can you take a shot to show how much they poke out of the fenders, if at all?
the wheels are heavy but the tires were too so I can't answer for sure. I am pretty sure the b/s is 5" and I have no rubbing issues with the 10.50 35 kendas anywhere. Mines a max tow.

The tires have no/very little pokeage from the fenders

Also check the depth of the factory lug nuts with the steel wheels. Mine were very close and felt like they were bottoming before torque. I used open end nuts instead