Sponsored

Pros and Cons of Mopar 2.5" lift vs other brands?

SFBayArea

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JK
Searched a lot on the web, but seems these products are too new. So here is another post on lift kit.
Basically, I want to have a good 2"-2.5" lift kit. I want it to make my JT not just higher for 37" tires, but to have a better OFROAD capabilities.
I want the lift kit to be under 2K and as complete as possible.
From what I read, it seems that Mopar 2" lift kit is good as long as you don't do much of a rock climbing. If that is the case it is not for me.
What do you guys say about TERAFLEX 2.5 SPORT ST2 SUSPENSION LIFT KIT? I used to have Teraflex on my JK and it was ok.

FYI., I have a Rubicon model.
Sponsored

Last edited:
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
The biggest con is that it's non-adjustable, therefore adding spacers or modifying it in any way means you will have to buy expensive adjustable control arms, adjustable track bars, etc... Most GOOD aftermarket lifts will have these items included in the lift already...Like EVO Mfg., Clayton, Rock Krawler, etc...

Also, I've read on here that several folks are dissatisfied with the Fox IFP shocks that come in the Mopar lift kit. Don't know if they're valved any different from the stock Rubicon Fox shocks, but the stock Rubicon Fox shocks are very nice, IMO.

kelkolb

First Name
Kelley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Sport, Rubicon or Overland?

I have the Mopar kit. I bought it (for $1200) because at the time my choices were that or RK which was way over what I could afford. I added JKS quicker disconnects to my SportS and it flexes just fine.

I also knew I could add to it as I went along. I'm currently getting ready to add an adjustable front track bar because I'm going to do the Synergy brace so I figured I might as well while I'm in there. Eventually I'll do adjustable arms for even better flex and for adjustability if I want to add a spacer to correct the bumper/winch weight or for taller springs.

The ride is great. The fox shocks it comes with are full 2.5" body shocks compared to the small ones that come on the Rubicon. Only time I've noticed it be "bouncy" like some say is when I had 1500 lbs of top soil in the bed. It's my daily driver so I'm pretty conscious and aware of how well it rides. No complaints from me at all.

All in all, it's a great starting point. If you want it more complete to start, the JKS kit gets you everything you need including the shocks and adjustable lower arms for right at $2k. Beyond that, I'd go Clayton for a truly complete kit but that's at least $3k by the time you get shocks.

Jeep Gladiator Pros and Cons of Mopar 2.5" lift vs other brands? 72438501_10157705443706983_853959529895821312_o

LoJac963

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It seems it all depends on what you plan on doing. If you are going to be crawling over rocks maybe a more inclusive kit is better for you. In my case I do mostly dirt roads with some crawling but nothing major like some of these guys so the Mopar kit was my decision. The shocks for lack of a better term are beautiful and a great upgrade over the already extremely nice Fox Rubi shocks. I have a Rancho adjustable track bar arriving tomorrow to recenter the front axle. I have stock 33 MTs so when I bump up to 35s I will add a spacer to level it out. At that point I will likely add Rancho adjustable LCAs at the same time to correct the geometry from the spacer kit.

My main reason for the Mopar was it is Mopar and everyone said the ride was comparable to stock which I agree. Granted I've only had mine on for a week so things still need to settle in. I did not want to risk lifting with a different brand and risk having a harsh ride.

Mine is a Rubi also.

Sponsored

Markpod7

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Sport, Rubicon or Overland?

I have the Mopar kit. I bought it (for $1200) because at the time my choices were that or RK which was way over what I could afford. I added JKS quicker disconnects to my SportS and it flexes just fine.

I also knew I could add to it as I went along. I'm currently getting ready to add an adjustable front track bar because I'm going to do the Synergy brace so I figured I might as well while I'm in there. Eventually I'll do adjustable arms for even better flex and for adjustability if I want to add a spacer to correct the bumper/winch weight or for taller springs.

The ride is great. The fox shocks it comes with are full 2.5" body shocks compared to the small ones that come on the Rubicon. Only time I've noticed it be "bouncy" like some say is when I had 1500 lbs of top soil in the bed. It's my daily driver so I'm pretty conscious and aware of how well it rides. No complaints from me at all.

All in all, it's a great starting point. If you want it more complete to start, the JKS kit gets you everything you need including the shocks and adjustable lower arms for right at $2k. Beyond that, I'd go Clayton for a truly complete kit but that's at least $3k by the time you get shocks.

Jeep Gladiator Pros and Cons of Mopar 2.5" lift vs other brands? 72438501_10157705443706983_853959529895821312_o
33 or 35?

kelkolb

First Name
Kelley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer

j.o.y.ride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator Overland
The biggest con is that it's non-adjustable, therefore adding spacers or modifying it in any way means you will have to buy expensive adjustable control arms, adjustable track bars, etc... Most GOOD aftermarket lifts will have these items included in the lift already...Like EVO Mfg., Clayton, Rock Krawler, etc...

Also, I've read on here that several folks are dissatisfied with the Fox IFP shocks that come in the Mopar lift kit. Don't know if they're valved any different from the stock Rubicon Fox shocks, but the stock Rubicon Fox shocks are very nice, IMO.
+1

Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Thank you. I am in Rubicon.
This is a stock Rubicon suspension with a Skyjacker G250MSB (2.5" front, 1.0" rear) spacer lift and 37's, with the sway bar disconnected. I'm getting just shy of 3' of flex (+/- 33") from a flat surface. Not bad for a stock Rubicon with spacers...

I'm swapping all that out for an EVO Manufacturing Enforcer 2.5" Stage 2 Plus suspension lift very soon. Then I should have no problems getting 3.5' of flex, which will be plain-ole' ridiculous for a "truck". ;)

Jeep Gladiator Pros and Cons of Mopar 2.5" lift vs other brands? JTR
Jeep Gladiator Pros and Cons of Mopar 2.5" lift vs other brands? JTR 2
Jeep Gladiator Pros and Cons of Mopar 2.5" lift vs other brands? IMG_2703
Jeep Gladiator Pros and Cons of Mopar 2.5" lift vs other brands? IMG_2706
Jeep Gladiator Pros and Cons of Mopar 2.5" lift vs other brands? IMG_2708
Jeep Gladiator Pros and Cons of Mopar 2.5" lift vs other brands? IMG_2705
Jeep Gladiator Pros and Cons of Mopar 2.5" lift vs other brands? IMG_2704

kelkolb

First Name
Kelley
Threads
Reaction score