smpas83

smpas83

First Name
aram
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator rubicon
Sorry, was going to reply after a few drives, But WOW..... I was thinking about buying it for months and so glad I did......
My truck is super responsive in tow and performance mode. Really happy with it

I ended using the stock bracket, but it was a little pain pushing hoses down to install it.
Cant wait to see how it’s going to do pulling my 27 ft boat (cabin cruiser

I have a tazer too and Figured out if you push the left button on the left side of the steering control and pushing up on the left controls it works perfect.
If you need help dm me to talk
Sponsored

cgflyer

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon MT, 2013 Ford Focus ST
Occupation
United States Coast Guard
I don't know how to tell people to search for my posts on the Pulsar, but I have had one for over 32,000 miles on my JT and have written several detailed reviews in several threads on my experience. I had issues and have had three units. My 3rd is I think what they are calling V3, new motherboard but same outside look as the original, not the all new V4. Superchips/Edge were awesome to deal with every time I had and issue and I never couldn't get through to them. I am repeating myself in this thread as I have already said this is MANY other places, but so far, my third unit hasn't had any issues. In between my 2nd and 3rd Pulsar, I actually tried the TrailDash2 with ECU swap and that had MAJOR issues, but Superchips was great, refunded that purchase and sent me a new Pulsar with a partial refund of my original purchase price which was actually through Quadratec and not direct from them. The Pulsar does what it advertises. It did have quirks, but so far I haven't had any with my newest one, but only about 3,000 miles on it now. And to be clear, in the 29,000 miles or so on the first two, I got CEL and limp mode I think 3 times and turning the JT off and on cleared it once and a code reader cleared it the other two times.

cecaa850

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator 2019 Porsche Macan S 2018 BMW M2
I have the V3 and it's been flawless other than me having to push the ESS button occasionally. I'm curious as to the ECM swap option so I'll be putting mine up for sale next week.

Deleted member 30519

Im no longer recommending people buy this thing. Ive started seeing mine forget ESS memory once in a while, and it will randomly change programs periodically. Yes, it works, but the QC issues are still there. Ive tried calling superchips/diablosport 5 separate times on 4 different days over the last 2 weeks and have never been able to get a hold of anyone to address the problem, with the longest time on hold being 45 minutes.

go with the livernois tune and a tazer And avoid the QC headaches. this thing still isnt ready for prime time.
I went on the livernois website and it looks like the tune is the same kind of unit that connects to the ECU like the superchips so how do you get the livernois tune with a tazer?

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
Only Fans Content Creator
I went on the livernois website and it looks like the tune is the same kind of unit that connects to the ECU like the superchips so how do you get the livernois tune with a tazer?
They plug Into different slots. you should be able to do both without issue.

Sponsored

Deleted member 30519

They plug Into different slots. you should be able to do both without issue.
I pulled this off the livernois website

"Beginning in 2015, the only way to tune a Mopar vehicle involves physical modifications to the computer to unlock the potential to retune your vehicle to compensate for modifications, or to add power, torque, and performance.

After purchase, simply reference your order number and ship your vehicles computer to us for unlocking. This process typically takes 1 business day for completion, simply choose the return shipping method at the time of checkout to have the process completed in as little as 2 days with shipping time!"

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
Only Fans Content Creator
I pulled this off the livernois website

"Beginning in 2015, the only way to tune a Mopar vehicle involves physical modifications to the computer to unlock the potential to retune your vehicle to compensate for modifications, or to add power, torque, and performance.

After purchase, simply reference your order number and ship your vehicles computer to us for unlocking. This process typically takes 1 business day for completion, simply choose the return shipping method at the time of checkout to have the process completed in as little as 2 days with shipping time!"
im going to need you to help me understand what part is confusing you. The ecu has to get sent for unlock, then gets programmed via obd. Tazer plugs in through a different set of cables i believe.

Last edited:

saltlife4shore

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Overland
Has anyone installed this in a 2021 Gladiator. None of the sites are advertising they work with the 2021.

dakota.morgan91

First Name
Dakota
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(ordered) 2021 Gladiator Willys
Bumping to find out if it works on 2021 models? Also can anyone speak to how it increases power? Is it fuel management or particularly throttle/transmission shift point related? I have a manual transmission, so I am curious what I could expect. Its nice to hear they are getting their shit together finally. Been waiting for a cheap power add! :)

hemigeno

First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTO; '18 Durango; '13 JK
Pulsar has (apparently) recently released the 42752, which is for 2021 JT 3.6L engines.

PULSAR 2021 Jeep Gladiator JT | Superchips

I've been keeping an eye on these for a while, after initially reading about @KurtP 's positive experience. Now that Kurt's review isn't so good, I'm not sure what to do. Personally, I'm not looking for tons of additional top end power, just to move the torque curve to the left by about 200-250 RPM if possible.

It'll be interesting to read any real-life / non-marketing reviews.

Hmmm.... Peoria's not that far away from me.... @DAVECS1 :idea:

Sponsored

DAVECS1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Pulsar has (apparently) recently released the 42752, which is for 2021 JT 3.6L engines.

PULSAR 2021 Jeep Gladiator JT | Superchips

I've been keeping an eye on these for a while, after initially reading about @KurtP 's positive experience. Now that Kurt's review isn't so good, I'm not sure what to do. Personally, I'm not looking for tons of additional top end power, just to move the torque curve to the left by about 200-250 RPM if possible.

It'll be interesting to read any real-life / non-marketing reviews.

Hmmm.... Peoria's not that far away from me.... @DAVECS1 :idea:
If you wanted to come over I would definitely be up for helping you get a bit more out of your truck

hemigeno

First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTO; '18 Durango; '13 JK
Before heading north, I'll need to figure out / fund / do a tire and maybe gear swap first. You could undoubtedly make it run much better even as it sits with 3.73's and minivan tires, but that's not the goal.

I definitely appreciate your willingness to help!
Sponsored