Sponsored

Punk'N is now available to order!

MirMir

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee Altitude
this is pretty awesome. did you borrow those from an anatomy lab?
No I really into Halloween so I have quite a bit of plastic skeletons around my house. Haha
Sponsored

MirMir

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee Altitude
Are you guys getting emails directly from Jeep or is your dealer notifying you? First time ordering a vehicle and wanted to make sure my dealer did it right since they are also new to ordering vehicles.

kayakmike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Granite Crystal Metallic Launch Edition
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Rocket Scientist
So, have any of you Punk'N folks got a VIN yet or in D status or later? Or scheduled build dates? Wondering if they are really delaying Punk'N builds 60 days and putting them in line behind the Granites or not.

kwiklot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Are you guys getting emails directly from Jeep or is your dealer notifying you? First time ordering a vehicle and wanted to make sure my dealer did it right since they are also new to ordering vehicles.
Dealer messages.

ViperSRT

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 viper, 2015 GMC 3500, 2012 VW TDI
So, have any of you Punk'N folks got a VIN yet or in D status or later? Or scheduled build dates? Wondering if they are really delaying Punk'N builds 60 days and putting them in line behind the Granites or not.
It’s only been 2 full business days since it opened. I have not got anything yet.

Sponsored

ViperSRT

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 viper, 2015 GMC 3500, 2012 VW TDI

Nvm just got my VIN # today

AKDrifter

First Name
Judah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
I was put on a 3 way call today with my dealer and the regional Jeep rep and was told Punk'n failed FCA's engineering tests so they put a hold on them. He said it was flaking off of plastic surfaces so they're going to tweak the formula of the paint and try again. Hopefully no more than a 30 day hold he said. I switched from Gator to Punk'n to get the truck sooner. He also told me they ran out of Trac Lok differentials for the Sports so I would have to wait until the 7th or so before another allocation of those came in.

MirMir

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee Altitude
I was put on a 3 way call today with my dealer and the regional Jeep rep and was told Punk'n failed FCA's engineering tests so they put a hold on them. He said it was flaking off of plastic surfaces so they're going to tweak the formula of the paint and try again. Hopefully no more than a 30 day hold he said. I switched from Gator to Punk'n to get the truck sooner. He also told me they ran out of Trac Lok differentials for the Sports so I would have to wait until the 7th or so before another allocation of those came in.
I find this hard to believe since they are always blaming the paint. They’ve painted JLs in Punk’n with no issues and two test runs of the Punk’n gladiator again with no issues. One matching fenders and hardtop the other was black too and black fenders.

angrynewyorker

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Diesel
I wouldn’t put too much stock in that. This will be my 3rd Jeep I’ve ordered since the JL was released (18 2 door Rubicon in silver, a 19 2 door Rubicon in Punk’n, and now a gladiator in Punk’n). Needless to say I know how awful the ordering process is and all the delays that go with it for whatever reason, so I’ve heard a million and one reasons why my orders were delayed in the past (they both took over 3 months and I live 45 minutes from the plant). My dealer and the rep had inaccurate info, Jeep chat had inaccurate info, the forum did, you name it. I highly doubt that Punk’n is rolling fine off the JL line, but it won’t stick to the gladiator. Now I’m not saying it’s not the case as anything is possible, but I’m skeptical.

kayakmike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Rocket Scientist
I find this hard to believe since they are always blaming the paint. They’ve painted JLs in Punk’n with no issues and two test runs of the Punk’n gladiator again with no issues. One matching fenders and hardtop the other was black too and black fenders.
I wouldn’t put too much stock in that. This will be my 3rd Jeep I’ve ordered since the JL was released (18 2 door Rubicon in silver, a 19 2 door Rubicon in Punk’n, and now a gladiator in Punk’n). Needless to say I know how awful the ordering process is and all the delays that go with it for whatever reason, so I’ve heard a million and one reasons why my orders were delayed in the past (they both took over 3 months and I live 45 minutes from the plant). My dealer and the rep had inaccurate info, Jeep chat had inaccurate info, the forum did, you name it. I highly doubt that Punk’n is rolling fine off the JL line, but it won’t stick to the gladiator. Now I’m not saying it’s not the case as anything is possible, but I’m skeptical.
FYI. That's the line (paint issues) they've been feeding us Granite LEs for several months now. Claiming the problem is with the metallic paints (ignore the fact that Billet Silver Metallic JTs are all over the place). Also ignore the fact that they have been painting Granite & Punk'N (the other metallic colors) on JKs and JLs for years. We've seen a photo of one Granite LE, and several JT Sport S (with black top and fenders). However, we've been waiting on our Granite LE to start building since 4/3 (111 days, 14 weeks, or nearly 4 months). The build schedule showed those should have started 7/8, but Jeep is still saying "maybe next month, but no guarantees". It looks like you guys are at least getting VINs assigned/D status, so in theory they SHOULD start your builds within 30 days. Of course just look at the "D hell" threads about people getting bounced around between D and D1 for well over 30 days.

Sponsored

angrynewyorker

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Diesel
FYI. That's the line (paint issues) they've been feeding us Granite LEs for several months now. Claiming the problem is with the metallic paints (ignore the fact that Billet Silver Metallic JTs are all over the place). Also ignore the fact that they have been painting Granite & Punk'N (the other metallic colors) on JKs and JLs for years. We've seen a photo of one Granite LE, and several JT Sport S (with black top and fenders). However, we've been waiting on our Granite LE to start building since 4/3 (111 days, 14 weeks, or nearly 4 months). The build schedule showed those should have started 7/8, but Jeep is still saying "maybe next month, but no guarantees". It looks like you guys are at least getting VINs assigned/D status, so in theory they SHOULD start your builds within 30 days. Of course just look at the "D hell" threads about people getting bounced around between D and D1 for well over 30 days.
As much as it sucks, and believe me I know, I just have to accept the fact there may be delays. It’s funny because when I ordered my 16 Rubicon hard rock I had it in my driveway 3 1/2 weeks from the day I ordered it, but the every JL I have ordered has been a nightmare. That being said, I did just order my Punk’n gladiator yesterday am and I just gave my VON to Jeep chat and they gave me my VIN, that was pretty quick.

kayakmike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Rocket Scientist
As much as it sucks, and believe me I know, I just have to accept the fact there may be delays. It’s funny because when I ordered my 16 Rubicon hard rock I had it in my driveway 3 1/2 weeks from the day I ordered it, but the every JL I have ordered has been a nightmare. That being said, I did just order my Punk’n gladiator yesterday am and I just gave my VON to Jeep chat and they gave me my VIN, that was pretty quick.
We are all monitoring this together. I wouldn't blow off the info @AKDrifter posted (30 day hold) since it closely aligns with other build info (including rumored 60 day slip). You can see the original planned start dates here: https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/...availability-dates-start-of-production.16034/. Sting Grays (non-metallic) pretty much cranked out on schedule, and many of those orders are delivering. Non-LE Granites opened about a week before Sting Gray, and got VINs within a few days of order (just like Punk'N), but unless they have black fenders and tops have stalled there. Also remember the order banks for Punk'N didn't open until a few days after the Job 1 date, while Sting Gray and Granite opened a few weeks before their Job 1 dates, so there are already "delays" with Punk'N there.

Take all the info that's out there and draw your own conclusions. I don't buy the paint BS story either, but it sure looks color specific and with fenders and tops. Not saying the same thing will happen with Punk'N. These are all delays in 2019 on a 2020 model. Until someone is in E+ status and build has actually begun, it's all a guessing game anyway.

angrynewyorker

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Diesel
We are all monitoring this together. I wouldn't blow off the info @AKDrifter posted (30 day hold) since it closely aligns with other build info (including rumored 60 day slip). You can see the original planned start dates here: https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/...availability-dates-start-of-production.16034/. Sting Grays (non-metallic) pretty much cranked out on schedule, and many of those orders are delivering. Non-LE Granites opened about a week before Sting Gray, and got VINs within a few days of order (just like Punk'N), but unless they have black fenders and tops have stalled there. Also remember the order banks for Punk'N didn't open until a few days after the Job 1 date, while Sting Gray and Granite opened a few weeks before their Job 1 dates, so there are already "delays" with Punk'N there.

Take all the info that's out there and draw your own conclusions. I don't buy the paint BS story either, but it sure looks color specific and with fenders and tops. Not saying the same thing will happen with Punk'N. These are all delays in 2019 on a 2020 model. Until someone is in E+ status and build has actually begun, it's all a guessing game anyway.
Well I got a Rubi with black fenders and a soft top, so unless the premium soft top is an issue like it was in 18 then maybe it will go smooth. And if not then it doesn’t, it will get here when it gets here, there is not a thing I can do about it. I know I’m not gonna make myself miserable over it feeding off all the negativity and whatnot on here. When it’s in my driveway it’s in my driveway.

Chaimstein

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon Punk'n on order, 1965 Pontiac 2+2
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I went to order mine this am but they couldn’t order the steel bumper group, that’s a deal breaker for me. Anyone else have this problem?
Yes, I couldn't order the steel bumper. It was as if there was no such thing.

Chaimstein

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon Punk'n on order, 1965 Pontiac 2+2
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Yes, I ordered mine in the 20th and the salesman called and gave me the VIN on Tuesday. I will check the status on Jeap chat soon.
Sponsored