Sponsored

Sazabi19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Kia Cadenza, 2020 Jeep Gladiator JT Sport S
the more sold, the less they will be worth. Glad to see them doing well, but as an owner, I feel its losing the "uniqueness". I feel its the only midsize truck out there that isn't "cute". I love it when someone tells me "Gladiators are ugly", I'm like, Thank you!
How would they be worth less? There's a ton of Wranglers on the road and they hold their value in a way most other cars wish they could.

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
A new vehicle sold IS a new vehicle sold...even if the vehicle sold was discontinued more than a few model years ago.
There is always stragglers like that sold beyond the model year and/or discontinued. Many times it vehicles that were on hold for recall or other pre sale issues that need to be sorted.

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow Sting Grey
@BAT Lol, "coonass" means something different where I'm from and would get the snowflakes and BLM terrorists frothing at the mouth for your head. Be careful of the SJWs out there ;)
It probably means the same thing to some in Louisiana as there are a lot who don't like the term but that is more starting with the Gen X crowd and thereafter. They think a little to highly of themselves. I have no issue with it or being called one.

Muddzy

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 2013 JKUR, 2008 JKU Sahara (sold)
I wonder how many Gladiator sales steal from Wrangler sales? I know Jeep lost a new wrangler JL sale from me when I decided to buy a Gladiator.

Sponsored

JCHGlad

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR
Occupation
Real Estate sales/Development
I wonder how many Gladiator sales steal from Wrangler sales? I know Jeep lost a new wrangler JL sale from me when I decided to buy a Gladiator.
There is always some overlap, but it’s fairly low, overall the sum of both is greater then the one offering.

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
This was asked a few times at launch of various FCA reps and I seem to recall it was an estimated 1 in 5 Gladiator buyers would be a poached Wrangler JL buyer.

Given the intended higher cost of entry of buying a Gladiator over a Wrangler JL, it limits the fence sitting buyers and tailors toward to a more astute buyer. The family SUV pavement princess buyers that make up a good portion of Wrangler JL sales are less likely to jump ship into a Gladiator.

Muddzy

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 2013 JKUR, 2008 JKU Sahara (sold)
This was asked a few times at launch of various FCA reps and I seem to recall it was an estimated 1 in 5 Gladiator buyers would be a poached Wrangler JL buyer.

Given the intended higher cost of entry of buying a Gladiator over a Wrangler JL, it limits the fence sitting buyers and tailors toward to a more astute buyer. The family SUV pavement princess buyers that make up a good portion of Wrangler JL sales are less likely to jump ship into a Gladiator.
Makes sense. curious if their estimates were accurate.

sdtkeld

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave Sarge Green
Occupation
Grocery bagger
I wouldn’t have bought a Wrangler as I wanted a mid-size pickup. As soon as the Gladiator became available, Taco, Colorado, Ranger, etc were out. Bigger inside and so much more. I do like Wranglers, but never would buy one. I am sure there are lots like me.
Sponsored