Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR - SG
Occupation
Check your inbox.
We were discussing base models.
I've brought this up before. There are very, very few actual "base" models of any trim levels. It's virtually impossible to find anything within a couple of hours that is a "base" Rubicon. The vast majority have some sort of option package.

On Jeep's site, there are ZERO base JTRs.

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
I've brought this up before. There are very, very few actual "base" models of any trim levels. It's virtually impossible to find anything within a couple of hours that is a "base" Rubicon. The vast majority have some sort of option package.

Rubicon's price out pretty quick. Even adding the hardtop top and automatic that most buyers would want, that is a easy $4k more added to base price. Mojave's have the same problem.

Plenty of threads of people saying that whatever other option should be standard shows that most do not want base of anything.

Freebooter

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mojave, 2020 124 Spider Abarth
Occupation
Almost Retired
Econ 101...........Jeep continued to slow production to limit supply. Dealers felt they could raise prices. Customers felt the cost were too high. Look at inventory on Jeep lots. A lot less trucks. Now with Ford competition, Jeep is going to have to get more aggressive with pricing.

BLK HOLE

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 2012 JKUR
Vehicle Showcase

Not the case if you order.

Sponsored

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
Not the case if you order.
Not disagreeing with you, but I would like to see some member from here show their window sticker of a bare bones custom order. I mean just base price and shipping, nothing else.

BLK HOLE

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 2012 JKUR
Vehicle Showcase
Not disagreeing with you, but I would like to see some member from here show their window sticker of a bare bones custom order. I mean just base price and shipping, nothing else.
I’ve ordered all my Jeeps.

This was my first JT…could have ordered base but added a few items. I paid 48k

Jeep Gladiator Jeep Gladiator Q1 2023 US Sales Numbers 8A7346D9-AE8A-4A35-81A1-6C7021B5FC62

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
I’ve ordered all my Jeeps.

This was my first JT…could have ordered base but added a few items. I paid 48k
I custom ordered my first one also but no where near a stripped base.

I think stripped base models are like single digit unicorns in the wild. Dealerships sure as shit never order them for on lot stock and I think even Stellantis/FCA discouraged it for dealership orders pushing options they had excess of if they did try to order them.

I have looked at more than a few base sport models also locally and they all had at least something like floor mats or trailer package on them. Never just base MSRP and shipping cost on the window sticker.

BLK HOLE

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 2012 JKUR
Vehicle Showcase
I custom ordered my first one also but no where near a stripped base.

I think stripped base models are like single digit unicorns in the wild. Dealerships sure as shit never order them for on lot stock and I think even Stellantis/FCA discouraged it for dealership orders pushing options they had excess of if they did try to order them.

I have looked at more than a few base sport models also locally and they all had at least something like floor mats or trailer package on them. Never just base MSRP and shipping cost on the window sticker.
You can order any available trim and level.

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
You can order any available trim and level.
Understood that from the get go. I am just asking for someone to show me who has done it.

It is kind of like the 3/4 to 1 ton truck world. All the manufacturers list their max rating and capacity numbers based on a stripped 2WD regular cab model. Those are never on lots and are unicorns in the wild also and while possible to be had on paper, in practice they are not readily available either and more used for marketing.

Sponsored

Blitzinger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Check for your self then heres a few dealers in my area. Rothrock jeep Allentown, PA and Dotta jeep Pen argyl, PA, Brown Daub jeep Easton, PA. There between 64 and 65000 at brown daub.
Reedman Toll has a few under 60k. Some are 52k. I live in NY and took a train to Reedman Toll in Jenkintown. MSRP for the rubicon was 58.5k. Got it for 52.5k. Great people to work with. This was in September for reference. The jenkintown location has a Mojave for 58k but it’s a 2022 so I’m sure there’s space to haggle.

Blade1668

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
90XJ, 91XJ, 91MJ, 05 LJ, 20 JT
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
As I drove past the dealership I got mine from I noticed red JT with hardtop for $39900 base model. Most of the dealership's in Decatur AL. have at least 2 JL/JLU on their used lot, and some have a JT too. On the used side (JL/JLU) it would be cheaper to buy new from what most are listed for.

HNTR

First Name
Hunter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator Mojave,Range Rover HSE,BMW M3
Occupation
Branding & Design, Online Marketing
Vehicle Showcase
Pricing coupled with increasing interest rates I would expect. A '23 equipped like my '21 is a good 5k more that it was just 2 years ago.
I just paid $62k for a 2023 Jeep Gladiator Mojave a few weeks ago. Honestly, I can’t believe I paid that for a car. But I have no regrets or remorse of any kind. I’m completely stoked and loving it. I had driven a Sand Dune Trail Boss Standard Bed the day before, and if they would have had a Short Bed I probably would have bought it. That said, I’m glad I couldn’t find one. When I saw this Sarge Green Mojave it was love at first sight.

Badunit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JT Rubicon, 1997 TJ
I was laughing at all the marketing spin in the "report" from FCA. Except for the first sentence it was all glowing positivity about how well sales were going. But I read the table at the bottom first where I saw a lot of very large negative numbers. In particular for this forum is the 24% decline in Gladiator sales, 17% decline in Jeep sales (even with 4xe increasing by 72%), and 20% overall decline for Jeep brand sales.
Sponsored

Last edited: