Sponsored

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
I asked to be provided what incentives were available and they said they are firm on MSRP as they can’t keep them in stock. Even though I was looking at a leftover 2022. Maybe the 10$ is only on 24 models?
Since you mentioned 2022, there may not be actual stated incentives for that year model anymore.

I am surprised they have not just discounted it regardless because that vehicle is costing them money staying on their Floorplan financing for so long. Corporate usually will give dealerships a larger holdback to move stagnant models like this. Sounds like the dealership rather than apply and discount the holdback, is looking for full MSRP and keeping the holdback money.

Yeah, head scratcher but goes to show that not every dealership is a discounting one. That is where you have to vote with your feet like you did.
Sponsored

BRB Gladi8r

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport
Occupation
Carpenter
So you're saying the Gladiator can only be compared to midsize trucks that can remove the roof?
Shadow reply’s on about every post and is always right, he can never be wrong in any situation he is one of those, he must be ok with an overpriced little truck, I got my 21 right before the price hike, I got a sport max tow roll up windows for 41k, sorry that is to much money for what it is. Love my truck but yeah could have had a ram with power windows and a v8 for same price, fast forward now that sport with roll up windows is 50k, so he is wrong, it’s not just stelantis it’s every company, consumers need to stop buying all together, no need to trade in 2-4ysar old truck with under 100k on it that’s part of the problem too.

Raven65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Yeah, it is bad timing if a year ago you bought on the speculation of the high market staying there. I kited the high equity market that allowed me to trade twice in three years in subsequent Gladiators. That started to change real quick about when you bought a year ago. The market really is really just snapping back to what it should be but has to over react on the bottom end before leveling out to a normal market medium.
Yeah, I wasn't speculating that the market would remain stupid-high as it has was during '21-'22 with the ridiculous dealer markups - anyone with any sense knew that was not sustainable - but I DID assume they'd keep selling at or near MSRP - as Wranglers/Gladiators usually do. I did NOT count on interest rates spiking and huge discounts/incentives being placed on Gladiators to move them - thus driving the resale value of used ones way down. Oh well. I made bank on a C6 Corvette Grand Sport that I sold at the height of the used car market insanity before buying my Gladiator last year, so you win some, you lose some. I really like my Gladiator and hope it will be reliable. If it is, I plan to keep it for a few more years at least. I'm sure the market for them will level off and stabilize at some point. If the strike continues much longer, constraining the supply of new ones, that will help the value of used ones in the short term. If they stop making them (as some have speculated), that will really help the value of used ones long term. Meh, whatever... mine is paid for. I'll get what I get for it when I decide to sell/trade it. Life goes on.

JTsGarage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland
All things considered, these numbers aren't horrible. It still works out to about one Gladiator sold for every four Wranglers, which is about what'd I'd expect. Both are down due to interest rates, high prices, increased competition and so on. Plus, folks are "revenge spending" on travel, live events - the things they couldn't do during Covid - instead of purchasing a lifestyle vehicle. The Gladiator will weather the storm, but the lackluster mid-cycle update for '24 was a missed opportunity to reinvigorate sales.

Sponsored

Geoarch

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Website
swxrflab.net
Vehicle(s)
2022 JTR, Bright White MT
Occupation
geoarchaeologist (retired)
FCA Third-quarter 2023 US Sales Down 1%
  • 2023 total U.S. sales decrease 1% in Q3 versus the same quarter last year
  • Chrysler brand up 96%, with Pacifica sales up 120% versus the same quarter last year; Pacifica Plug-in Hybrid, up 329% over same period last year, holds No. 3 spot among top-selling PHEVs in the U.S.
  • Jeep® Wrangler 4xe total U.S sales up 31% versus same quarter last year
  • Jeep Wrangler 4xe and Jeep Grand Cherokee 4xe top No. 1 and No. 2 sales spots, respectively, as best-selling plug-in hybrids in the U.S. market
  • Grand Wagoneer U.S. total sales up 22% versus the same period last year
  • Grand Cherokee U.S. total sales up 52% versus the same quarter last year
  • Ram ProMaster van total U.S. sales up 34% versus the same quarter last year
  • Ram brand's commercial fleet channel's total U.S. sales increased 19% versus the same period last year
October 3, 2023 , Auburn Hills, Mich. - FCA US LLC reports sales of 380,563 vehicles in the third quarter for 2023. Overall, total U.S. sales for the third quarter decreased 1% versus the same period last year.

"We’ve gained traction over the summer and we’re starting to see some momentum at the end of this third quarter,” said U.S. Head of Sales Jeff Kommor. “Our Jeep 4xe and Pacifica Plug-in Hybrid models continue to perform extremely well, taking the 1-2-3 sales spots among plug-in electric vehicles in the U.S. market, and our progress toward our Dare Forward 2030 plan also remains on track with the introduction of many all-new, all battery-electric vehicles next year, including the all-new Fiat 500e, Dodge Charger, Wagoneer S, Ram 1500 REV and Jeep Recon.”

Chrysler brand was up 96% versus the same quarter last year, with the Chrysler Pacifica up 120% in total U.S. sales in that period. Chrysler Pacifica Plug-in Hybrid was up 329% in total U.S. sales over the same period last year. The Chrysler Pacifica Plug-in Hybrid accounted for 23% (8,949 units) of total Pacifica sales in the third quarter and ranks No. 3 in the U.S. among the best-selling plug-in hybrids.

Total U.S. sales of the Jeep Wrangler 4xe and the Jeep Grand Cherokee 4xe, which went on sale in Q3 2022, are up 31% and 2,198%, respectively, versus the same period last year. Jeep Wrangler 4xe remains *America's best-selling plug-in hybrid vehicle, followed by the Grand Cherokee 4xe at No. 2. Jeep Wrangler 4xe accounted for 42% (17,662 units) of total Wrangler sales in the second quarter. Jeep Grand Cherokee 4xe accounted for 17% (9,722 units) of total Grand Cherokee sales in the second quarter.

Jeep Grand Cherokee posted total U.S. sales gains over the same quarter last year, up 52%. The Grand Wagoneer increased 22% in total U.S sales versus the same quarter last year.

Total U.S. sales of the Ram ProMaster van were up 34% versus the same period last year. Additionally, the Ram brand's commercial fleet channel's total U.S. sales increased 19% versus the same period last year.

Screenshot 2023-10-03 at 3.09.57 PM.jpg
Keep raising the price 10,000 to 20,000 year by year, and only the 1% will be able to afford them.

Mad Mac

Threads
Reaction score
Far Northwest Deep East Texas in the Dirty South
Website
www.best-motorcycle.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon, 1998 Wrangler Sahara
For 60 years, I have had a driver's license.
During that time many vehicles were enjoyed.
But most of them were kept for a dozen years or more.

In 1995, purchased a new Nissan Hardbody for $10K.
Traded in during Cash for Clunkers boondoggle
for a basic 2009 $20K Toyota Tacoma.

Then splurged for a used '21 JKR this year.
Lost my mind for a color matched Nacho
and had it shipped from Manheim PA
to far northwest, Deep East Texas
here in the Dirty South.
$50K.

Money is not worth much anymore
but It may be my last vehicle
so I treated myself.
Still have not figured out all the doodads.

WallypJr

First Name
Wally
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Willys
Occupation
Body shop Manager
Doesn't look like the buyback price on my lease is gonna be worth it anymore
I just said the same thing to my wife… hate to give it back but also I’m not losing money….

Sponsored

legacy_etu

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Mojave, 20 Supra, 16 Wrangler UNLTD,
Keep raising the price 10,000 to 20,000 year by year, and only the 1% will be able to afford them.
I remember around 2004/5 when Subaru briefly decided they wanted to move upmarket and compete against Audi. I bought a nicely equipped Legacy GT wagon and it was nice. Unfortunately (for Subaru) not too many voted with their wallets . Sales never took off and their brief attempt to go upscale bombed and they reverted to targeting their old demographic. I think auto retailers underestimate the difficulty in breaking into the upper tier market. The story is still out on Jeep. Im hoping they decide to abandon this premier pricing strategy they've adopted.

Geoarch

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Website
swxrflab.net
Vehicle(s)
2022 JTR, Bright White MT
Occupation
geoarchaeologist (retired)
I remember around 2004/5 when Subaru briefly decided they wanted to move upmarket and compete against Audi. I bought a nicely equipped Legacy GT wagon and it was nice. Unfortunately (for Subaru) not too many voted with their wallets . Sales never took off and their brief attempt to go upscale bombed and they reverted to targeting their old demographic. I think auto retailers underestimate the difficulty in breaking into the upper tier market. The story is still out on Jeep. Im hoping they decide to abandon this premier pricing strategy they've adopted.
Maybe that's why they dumped that CEO and drafted another one. One only hopes... And that the Gladiator doesn't go the way of the Legacy GT.

Uparms

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JT, 2020 JT, 72 CJ5,2005 LJ, 2002 TJ, 92 YJ
Vehicle Showcase
FCA Third-quarter 2023 US Sales Down 1%
  • 2023 total U.S. sales decrease 1% in Q3 versus the same quarter last year
  • Chrysler brand up 96%, with Pacifica sales up 120% versus the same quarter last year; Pacifica Plug-in Hybrid, up 329% over same period last year, holds No. 3 spot among top-selling PHEVs in the U.S.
  • Jeep® Wrangler 4xe total U.S sales up 31% versus same quarter last year
  • Jeep Wrangler 4xe and Jeep Grand Cherokee 4xe top No. 1 and No. 2 sales spots, respectively, as best-selling plug-in hybrids in the U.S. market
  • Grand Wagoneer U.S. total sales up 22% versus the same period last year
  • Grand Cherokee U.S. total sales up 52% versus the same quarter last year
  • Ram ProMaster van total U.S. sales up 34% versus the same quarter last year
  • Ram brand's commercial fleet channel's total U.S. sales increased 19% versus the same period last year
October 3, 2023 , Auburn Hills, Mich. - FCA US LLC reports sales of 380,563 vehicles in the third quarter for 2023. Overall, total U.S. sales for the third quarter decreased 1% versus the same period last year.

"We’ve gained traction over the summer and we’re starting to see some momentum at the end of this third quarter,” said U.S. Head of Sales Jeff Kommor. “Our Jeep 4xe and Pacifica Plug-in Hybrid models continue to perform extremely well, taking the 1-2-3 sales spots among plug-in electric vehicles in the U.S. market, and our progress toward our Dare Forward 2030 plan also remains on track with the introduction of many all-new, all battery-electric vehicles next year, including the all-new Fiat 500e, Dodge Charger, Wagoneer S, Ram 1500 REV and Jeep Recon.”

Chrysler brand was up 96% versus the same quarter last year, with the Chrysler Pacifica up 120% in total U.S. sales in that period. Chrysler Pacifica Plug-in Hybrid was up 329% in total U.S. sales over the same period last year. The Chrysler Pacifica Plug-in Hybrid accounted for 23% (8,949 units) of total Pacifica sales in the third quarter and ranks No. 3 in the U.S. among the best-selling plug-in hybrids.

Total U.S. sales of the Jeep Wrangler 4xe and the Jeep Grand Cherokee 4xe, which went on sale in Q3 2022, are up 31% and 2,198%, respectively, versus the same period last year. Jeep Wrangler 4xe remains *America's best-selling plug-in hybrid vehicle, followed by the Grand Cherokee 4xe at No. 2. Jeep Wrangler 4xe accounted for 42% (17,662 units) of total Wrangler sales in the second quarter. Jeep Grand Cherokee 4xe accounted for 17% (9,722 units) of total Grand Cherokee sales in the second quarter.

Jeep Grand Cherokee posted total U.S. sales gains over the same quarter last year, up 52%. The Grand Wagoneer increased 22% in total U.S sales versus the same quarter last year.

Total U.S. sales of the Ram ProMaster van were up 34% versus the same period last year. Additionally, the Ram brand's commercial fleet channel's total U.S. sales increased 19% versus the same period last year.

Screenshot 2023-10-03 at 3.09.57 PM.jpg
Jay, can you get Gladiator sales buy sub-model? Sport, Sport S, Rubicon, Mojave, etc?

Watching a nice 3.6 video tonight by a Challenger guy and he made the statement that ""a model is in jeopardy when it's base models are not selling""?? Interesting thought??

Raven65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Maybe that's why they dumped that CEO and drafted another one. One only hopes... And that the Gladiator doesn't go the way of the Legacy GT.
I'd be fine with the Gladiator going the way of the Legacy GT because that would help resale values of existing ones remain high.
Sponsored