Sponsored

Question for the board: LE Rubicon vs similar equipped Rubicon

SoonerDPT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon (sting-gray), 2013 Kawasaki KLR
So I found 1. Launch Edition in white and 2. Sting-Gray with same equipment except cargo management and bed cover. Sting-Gray stickers for $200 less.

Sting gray is really the color I want, but there's just something about getting a Launch Edition.

I'm down to $55K on Sting-Gray and $57K on LE. Is the LE really worth the 2K extra or will hold it's value that much better? I don't plan to add the cargo management group and will likely add a different bed cover, so the options are a wash.

Thanks in advance.
Sponsored

anavrinIV

First Name
Chaz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mazdaspeed3, 1956 F100
Occupation
Engineer
Jeep comes and goes with "editions" so frequently I doubt the LE will hold much additional value. Once you get past the Rubicon badge the rest is bloat IMO - it's the technical specs that matter most.

So if you want the gray and it's cheaper to boot, sounds like the best option for you

ACAD_Cowboy

First Name
Francis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 jkur
I recently went through this myself, my local dealer still has one and would let it go for a reasonable number (to them) and while I was drawn to the 1 of X nature and the option heavy build, in the end I passed because it was basic black on black on black. Already have now my second black jeep and third black vehicle, black gets dirty fast and old quick. Color is important because you have to see it every day, if you are unhappy with the color will you ever be happy with the truck?

As for retained value, 2k isn't much really in the long run. My feelings are that the LE trucks will hold value only in the niche market of JT/Jeep owners and not really bleed out to other buyers. Much like the Firebird Esprit or Heavy Chevy or GMC Caballero; only a small group will recognize it and understand the significance in 10 years. Given they have no additional, unique or special equipment other than a badge and special (but not really) wheels, not even a unique stripe or color package, they are really just the same as any other JT Rubicon.

For 2k, you can buy a lot of gasoline and oil changes.

5chema

First Name
Mateo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Canada Launch Edition (1of419)
Vehicle Showcase
I'm down to $55K on Sting-Gray and $57K on LE. Is the LE really worth the 2K extra or will hold it's value that much better? I don't plan to add the cargo management group and will likely add a different bed cover, so the options are a wash.
If you really have everything found in the LE, then the 2000$ is questionable. I love my Jeep Gladiator Launch Edition but I’m not sure it will keep a greater value as a collectible. But do you really have everything? Here’s is a lazy list I copied from Jeep with some corrections and excluding black wheels, bed cover and rail system:

Heated seat and steering wheel / Rear defroster / Winch ready Steel Front Bumper / Forward-Facing TrailCam Off-Road Camera / Body-Color Freedom Top® Hardtop / Front Black Heated Leather-Trimmed Seats / 8.4-Inch Touchscreen with Alpine® Nine-Speaker Premium Audio System /Blind Spot Monitoring and Rear Cross Path Detection Systems / Adaptive Cruise Control / Full-Speed Forward Collision Warning with Active Braking / Tire pressure monitoring / Spray-in Bedliner / 115-Volt In-Bed Power Outlet / Hardtop Headliner / Body-Color Fender Flares / Trailer Tow Group / LED Lighting Group / Proximity Keyless Entry / Removable Wireless Bluetooth® Speaker / Auxiliary Switch Group / Leather-Wrapped Instrument Panel with Rubicon Red Stitching

OP
OP

SoonerDPT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon (sting-gray), 2013 Kawasaki KLR
If you really have everything found in the LE, then the 2000$ is questionable. I love my Jeep Gladiator Launch Edition but I’m not sure it will keep a greater value as a collectible. But do you really have everything? Here’s is a lazy list I copied from Jeep with some corrections and excluding black wheels, bed cover and rail system:

Heated seat and steering wheel / Rear defroster / Winch ready Steel Front Bumper / Forward-Facing TrailCam Off-Road Camera / Body-Color Freedom Top® Hardtop / Front Black Heated Leather-Trimmed Seats / 8.4-Inch Touchscreen with Alpine® Nine-Speaker Premium Audio System /Blind Spot Monitoring and Rear Cross Path Detection Systems / Adaptive Cruise Control / Full-Speed Forward Collision Warning with Active Braking / Tire pressure monitoring / Spray-in Bedliner / 115-Volt In-Bed Power Outlet / Hardtop Headliner / Body-Color Fender Flares / Trailer Tow Group / LED Lighting Group / Proximity Keyless Entry / Removable Wireless Bluetooth® Speaker / Auxiliary Switch Group / Leather-Wrapped Instrument Panel with Rubicon Red Stitching
It looks to be everything except the Cargo management package (trail rails, bed outlet, locking underseat storage) and bed cover. I plan to do a different bed cover anyway, that would do away with the trail rails. I would like the lockable underseat storage, but at some point, I figure I can find that aftermarket for a good price.

Also, looks like overall price has gone up since the LE edition. Cargo mgt package is $895 and bed cover is $495. That's $1400 in options and only lists for $200 less.

https://window-sticker-services.pse.dealer.com/windowsticker/jeep?vin=1C6JJTBG3LL163376

Sponsored

PhotoWrangler

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT
Once you get past the Rubicon badge the rest is bloat IMO - it's the technical specs that matter most.
Anything past the "jeep" badge is bloat. I don't even see the point in paying for the "rubicon" name, especially when the base models can be modified and built, and usually better, after purchase.

5chema

First Name
Mateo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

Moe_Fugga

Banned
Banned
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
I’d be after a Mojave if I was in the market for a Gladiator and had the money to spend on any higher priced trim. A dealer near me has their highest priced Rubicons listed for $57,xxx and their highest priced Mojaves listed for $58,xxx. The lowest priced Mojave is about $1000 less than the lowest priced Runicon.

George D.

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon LE, 1969 Corvette, 2002 HD FXDL, 2002 HD VRSCA, 2002 HD XL, 2002 Buell M2, 1999 HD MT500, 1997 HD FLSTS, XL,
I bought my LE in November for $55k. I have heard of people doing even better. I would try to get him down a little or do a tri-state search. I have no regrets buying mine!

Jaxmax

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps....... 2021 Mojave , 2019 Wrangler
Occupation
Electrical Manager
Well .....I’ll buy those unwanted cargo rails, people will line up to buy the cover, you also get an outlet in bed and that nice storage box that doesn’t seem to go that cheap, comes down to chump change, but everytime a Stingray Gladiator passes you , you will have a tear in your eye, and wonder why you did not go with your heart!
I have ordered a hydro blue Mojave with everything I want, but didn’t get the bed rails you can buy them from Mopar right now for under $350, didn’t want outlet in back or removable underseat trunk. But I test drove a Stingray Mojave and loved it was $7000 more then what I ordered. I’m waiting 8-12 weeks for my ordered one and spending hours on this forum I didn’t know existed two months ago!!!....Jack

GIT DA STINGRAY DUDE!

Sponsored

anavrinIV

First Name
Chaz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mazdaspeed3, 1956 F100
Occupation
Engineer
Anything past the "jeep" badge is bloat. I don't even see the point in paying for the "rubicon" name, especially when the base models can be modified and built, and usually better, after purchase.
Sure, if you're going that route. I'm not though. I may do a small lift and 35s, possibly 37s, but I would not go through the trouble of adding lockers and a sway disconnect and an aftermarket t-case and I'm for sure not looking at a custom long arm with 60s and 42s. For my use it makes sense to get as much from the factory as possible and have a factory warranty on it all.

Plus if the time ever comes to sell those rubicon badges pay off in a way a heavily modified sport will not.

5chema

First Name
Mateo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
[...]For my use it makes sense to get as much from the factory as possible and have a factory warranty on it all.
And there’s some options, like Keyless entry, that are a real challenge to add with aftermarket parts!!!

whiteglad

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Mojave
Get the one you want. It is not an investment like a gold brick. If you don't prefer the one you get, you will not enjoy it as much. I buy the one with the options I want, and hate paying any more to get options I don't want or don't care about.
Sponsored