NYC-4X4

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 21 JT Past: 97 ZJ, 14 JKU, 18 WK2
Hey everyone, just joined!

My lease for my WK2 Trailhawk is up in March and I would like to get into a 2021 JT by then. I want a Sting-Grey Sport S 3.6L Auto, Max Tow, 8.4, Selec-Trac, Popular Equipment, Cold Weather. These are musts. Additionally, the black fender flares, satin black grill, headliner, slush mats and bed liner would be ideal but not necessary.

So, I have looked as some 2021s are starting to roll onto the lots and none have all my needs, but it seems like quite a popular build, not too unique. Most are missing Selec-Trac and the ones that do have everything else, also have too much, like safety groups or leather that I don’t want to pay extra for. Based on my needs, is it likely dealerships will have this on a lot or is it not a popular build?

I would love to order exactly as I want it, but I am worried about price around me, as it’s hard just to keep these on the lots around here. Lastly, does anyone know of good dealerships on Long Island or NE in general that are good to work with? And, do all dealerships honor the 1% off invoice from Tread Lightly? Are there any that offer an even better deal? I know about the others mentioned across the country that offer 5-7% off invoice, but I don’t think the hassle, travel and transportation charges will justify it.

Thanks!
Sponsored

PastV1

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave Hydro Blue soon, 2014 Highlander
Hey everyone, just joined!

My lease for my WK2 Trailhawk is up in March and I would like to get into a 2021 JT by then. I want a Sting-Grey Sport S 3.6L Auto, Max Tow, 8.4, Selec-Trac, Popular Equipment, Cold Weather. These are musts. Additionally, the black fender flares, satin black grill, headliner, slush mats and bed liner would be ideal but not necessary.

So, I have looked as some 2021s are starting to roll onto the lots and none have all my needs, but it seems like quite a popular build, not too unique. Most are missing Selec-Trac and the ones that do have everything else, also have too much, like safety groups or leather that I don’t want to pay extra for. Based on my needs, is it likely dealerships will have this on a lot or is it not a popular build?

I would love to order exactly as I want it, but I am worried about price around me, as it’s hard just to keep these on the lots around here. Lastly, does anyone know of good dealerships on Long Island or NE in general that are good to work with? And, do all dealerships honor the 1% off invoice from Tread Lightly? Are there any that offer an even better deal? I know about the others mentioned across the country that offer 5-7% off invoice, but I don’t think the hassle, travel and transportation charges will justify it.

Thanks!
Travel a little bit and you can get some good deals from Jeep Dealers on here. ie Gupton Motors in Nashville is up to 8% below invoice. I think I've seen one or two dealers closer that were good also. Search the forums...

whiteglad

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Mojave
On the forum homepage, you can see that Koons in the DC area is a sponsor of the forum. You might check them out.

BryantJT

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 TJ Rubicon, 2021 JT Rubicon
Occupation
Planner
I'm in the process of dealing with Criswell in MD, 8 hour drive for me in Massena NY, should be a nice afternoon trip for you. Mention the Jeep forums and you get 4% under invoice, Tread Lightly, another 1%, and if you finance with them, another 2%. I'm talking with Leon.

https://www.dealerrater.com/sales/Leon-Travis-review-109183/

OP
OP
NYC-4X4

NYC-4X4

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Sponsored

OP
OP
NYC-4X4

NYC-4X4

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
On the forum homepage, you can see that Koons in the DC area is a sponsor of the forum. You might check them out.
Where exactly am I looking for this? Is there a list compiled somewhere that has all of the best dealers? Sorry, I am trying to navigate and searched keywords I thought would help, but reached mostly dead ends.

whiteglad

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Mojave
at the top of the page, click on "forums" and scroll down to the sponsors section

TheGreatCO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 2020 Jeep Gladiator Mojave Previous: 2006 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited, 2013 Ford Escape
I bought through Leon. I was happy with the price. And mostly happy with Leon/Criswerll. The only thing that irked me (that I still recall after 3 months) was trying to get the financing and everything setup ahead of time. I bought at the height of COVOID and was super uncomfortable doing the usual dealership shit. Took like 4 hours from arrival until leaving the dealership despite trying to set it all up ahead of time. Clearly just bad communication on both our parts.

OP
OP
NYC-4X4

NYC-4X4

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I bought through Leon. I was happy with the price. And mostly happy with Leon/Criswerll. The only thing that irked me (that I still recall after 3 months) was trying to get the financing and everything setup ahead of time. I bought at the height of COVOID and was super uncomfortable doing the usual dealership shit. Took like 4 hours from arrival until leaving the dealership despite trying to set it all up ahead of time. Clearly just bad communication on both our parts.
Cool, did you order or buy off the lot?

Sponsored

OP
OP
NYC-4X4

NYC-4X4

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I ordered the exact build I wanted.
Would you mind telling me exactly how the entire process goes from start to finish? When you ordered, did you sign something and agree on a price first? Was there a deposit, refundable or not and how much? By financing through them (Chrysler Capital?), do you get an additional discount? Can all of this be done remotely without ever having to go to the dealer until it’s ready for pickup? Can you back out while it’s being built with no consequences? If you could be as specific as possible with times, prices, info, I would really appreciate the help. Never ordered before or dealt with a dealer not in person. Thanks!

BryantJT

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 TJ Rubicon, 2021 JT Rubicon
Occupation
Planner
Talking with Gupton, Tri City, and Criswell, they all require a $1000 non refundable deposit. I've got a tentative trade value, subject to timely delivery of the Gladiator (8 to 10 weeks), upon delivery to them I would get my financials figured out either through them or my own bank then road trip down to get it.

Kole Miller

First Name
Kole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 rubicon jt diesel
Occupation
Dentist
Just want to say researching the forum I recently received my 2021 jet gladiator diesel from Travis Reynolds at Tri City Jeep in Eden NC. Everything the forum said I found to be true. Travis gave me 7% under invoice on my order. 5% below invoice for the base order. 1% off for tread lightly membership. 1% off of finance through Travis. He was a man of his word. His finance rate was better than my credit union. Drove the diesel all the way back to Nee York. That diesel is wonderful

bkinnj

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Durango R/T
Would you mind telling me exactly how the entire process goes from start to finish? When you ordered, did you sign something and agree on a price first? Was there a deposit, refundable or not and how much? By financing through them (Chrysler Capital?), do you get an additional discount? Can all of this be done remotely without ever having to go to the dealer until it’s ready for pickup? Can you back out while it’s being built with no consequences? If you could be as specific as possible with times, prices, info, I would really appreciate the help. Never ordered before or dealt with a dealer not in person. Thanks!
Would love to see this too.

I'm just starting out on the process. Have 7% below invoice quote from Criswell (which was easy to obtain via email) minus the financing rates. He wants a $1000 deposit that I think is non-refundable. Working to get my local store in Monmouth Co. to match.

Will advise as things progress.

sdk131

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S w/ Max Tow - Sarge Green
Would love to see this too.

I'm just starting out on the process. Have 7% below invoice quote from Criswell (which was easy to obtain via email) minus the financing rates. He wants a $1000 deposit that I think is non-refundable. Working to get my local store in Monmouth Co. to match.

Will advise as things progress.

I am hoping to shop this winter and plan to go to Criswell. Is everything locked down when you have to make the $1,000 deposit? In other words the financing rates, all fees, etc.....so that you have the absolute "final...final" numbers before you have to make the deposit? I have to imagine the answer is yes, but wanted to ask.
Sponsored