Sponsored

Radio volume issue

Empty Pockets

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S, Sting Ray, 6 Speed (YES!)
This drives me crazy! When I listen to the radio (usually SXM) the volume is usually about 12. When I switch to Car Play or Bluetooth I have to crank it up to about 18 or 20. Turn off the Jeep and walk away. When I crank it up again it’s back on the radio, but at the higher volume and it blows me away. Is there a way to regulate this so that the volume level is consistent regardless of the input?
Sponsored

OP
OP
Empty Pockets

Empty Pockets

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
By the way, I have the 7” unit.

JeepHouse

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Would like to know the answer to this as well. The other one that get me, I'm listening to the radio with the Waze going on uconnect. The voice commands are deafening even though the radio is at volume 6 or 7

OP
OP
Empty Pockets

Empty Pockets

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I don’t use Waze much, but the voice commands for the phone and Siri are, as you say, deafening as well.

MomsSpaghetti

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The volumes are separate. For instance. When waze is telling you directions, turn the volume up and it will adjust the volume of waze Voice. And when music is playing thru CarPlay turn the volume up on your phone All the way

Sponsored

MomsSpaghetti

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I’m not sure why or how that underlined ‍

OP
OP
Empty Pockets

Empty Pockets

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well, thanks for the suggestion . I do have my phone volume at max, though. There is still a huge discrepancy between the 2.

JeepHouse

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The volumes are separate. For instance. When waze is telling you directions, turn the volume up and it will adjust the volume of waze Voice. And when music is playing thru CarPlay turn the volume up on your phone All the way
Do you mean turn the volume of your phone up (or down)?

MomsSpaghetti

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Do you mean turn the volume of your phone up (or down)?
Yes, I have noticed that the volume on my phone when it is playing music through the radio, can be turned up and down and it will turn the radio up and down. So, if there is a large discrepancy it could be that the phone volume is not all the way up. I have noticed that carplay is louder than bluetooth and louder than the radio, but it isn't as large a change as EmptyPockets has mentioned above

JeepCares

First Name
JeepCares
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Family
Occupation
Customer Care
This drives me crazy! When I listen to the radio (usually SXM) the volume is usually about 12. When I switch to Car Play or Bluetooth I have to crank it up to about 18 or 20. Turn off the Jeep and walk away. When I crank it up again it’s back on the radio, but at the higher volume and it blows me away. Is there a way to regulate this so that the volume level is consistent regardless of the input?
Hi, I'm sorry to hear this is happening. Please DM us with more details so I can look into this further.

Alison
JeepCares

Sponsored

JeepCares

First Name
JeepCares
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Family
Occupation
Customer Care
Would like to know the answer to this as well. The other one that get me, I'm listening to the radio with the Waze going on uconnect. The voice commands are deafening even though the radio is at volume 6 or 7
Hi,

Hi, I'm so sorry to hear this. Please feel free to send us a private message. I would be happy to help!

Alison
JeepCares

MomsSpaghetti

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I figured out my issue. If you have an iPhone check this setting. Under settings -> music make sure that sound check is off

EC1837A8-0687-4958-B65E-D4F6FD4C2C44.jpeg
Sponsored

Last edited:
Reactions: CPO