Sponsored

Radio volume jumps shortly after turning it down...

OP
OP
NJKen

NJKen

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon 2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Do you have a Tazer installed?
Thanks
Although I was not the one you asked,.., I have both a Tazer Mini and the PAC. Itā€™s not related to the Tazer because mine is currently not plugged in but the radio volume still does it.

txt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jl Rubicon
In fact I do
I am suspecting the Tazer but Iā€™m not sure yet.
ā€˜Iā€™ve updated the firmware to see if that helps.
Iā€™ll try that for a day to see if it helps. If it doesnā€™t, Iā€™ll remove the Tazer and try that for awhile.
ā€˜Stay tunedā€¦.

Sponsored

JTsGarage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland
This is probably not your issue at all, but I used to regularly listen to a specific FM radio station that would constantly go up and down in volume. Drove me nuts! I finally figured out that it was the HD radio signal going in and out. When "HD" lit up on the Uconnect screen the volume would go up but then it would grey out and the volume would go down when it lost the HD signal. It's only ever happened to me with that one station. Apparently their HD broadcast signal isn't quite strong enough.

txt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jl Rubicon
This is probably not your issue at all, but I used to regularly listen to a specific FM radio station that would constantly go up and down in volume. Drove me nuts! I finally figured out that it was the HD radio signal going in and out. When "HD" lit up on the Uconnect screen the volume would go up but then it would grey out and the volume would go down when it lost the HD signal. It's only ever happened to me with that one station. Apparently their HD broadcast signal isn't quite strong enough.
Good to know, thanks.

OP
OP
NJKen

NJKen

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon 2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Any follow up on this @NJKen ? Mine is still jumping.
I wish, despite initially discounting a previous posters thought that it was linked to the Tazerā€¦. I have since determined that it is indeed when the Tazer and the PAC are used together. It does not happen with just the PACā€¦. So the Tazer is definitely the culprit in my eyes now.

whether or not Tazer alone would have issues is not something that I have the motivation or willingness to test.

Hopefully someone that is experiencing these issues and are not only local but can get in touch with Tazer to have them diagnose the problem in person.

Sponsored

chrismeece74

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S, 2021 Wrangler Freedom Edit
Occupation
Sr Quality Manager
Mine was doing the same thing with the volume fluctuating. I have the 7 inch screen, took it to the dealer they are replacing the entire head unit. No tazer or anything else hooked up.

NCLife

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Mojave
Mine was doing the same thing with the volume fluctuating. I have the 7 inch screen, took it to the dealer they are replacing the entire head unit. No tazer or anything else hooked up.
My experience would tell me that the most obvious solu is usually the right one. I'll bring it in and see if they can look at the head unit.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
I have this issue as well annoying as hell when ordering in the drive through and all of a sudden your radio starts blaring
Why not take it in and have the dealer FIX IT? There's multiple TSBs on these and at least a couple are about volume changing on its own.

I have my bulletins in the house so don't have access now but just tell the dealer to check their TSBs on volume changing by itself - and then tell them to FIX IT.
Sponsored