Sponsored

Rain X fluid and Low Washer Fluid Sensor

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
I've used the orange RainX fluid for years in other vehicles and never had any trouble. I had JUST filled up the reservoir in my Gladiator a few months ago when I came across a thread like this one... so I promptly siphoned most of it back out and pumped out the rest through the nozzles... then I flushed it with water... and then put the cheap blue stuff back in. I had also just put a coating of the new RainX "ceramic" (rolleyes) treatment on the windshield itself - which the blue fluid probably stripped right back off... but whatever. The main reason I liked RainX so much on previous vehicles (mainly sports cars with curved, steeply-raked windshields) is that the wind would just blow the rain off of it so well at highway speeds that you hardly ever even had to use the wipers. No so with the flat/upright windshield on the Gladiator, so it's no big deal that I chose to ditch it.
I still do the standard hand application Rain-X treatment on the windshield and it seems to hold up well (about 4-6 months) even using the standard blue stuff washer fluid.
Sponsored