Threads
Reaction score
Website
troynemitz.smugmug.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Occupation
Parks Operations
I am in the very early stage of planning a family road trip. I am looking to grab some Badges and have a good time with my family. So if you could choose one over the other witch one would it be? Or have you had any experience with either park that you could share>

I have a rig very capable of hitting the trails but i am new to off roading and some what of a wimp. I'm running a JTR with Rock Krawler 3" Pro x lift. 38" Milestars, and winch. Rausch badge trails look to be a bit more difficult with 2 out of 3 being rated at 5-9. Windrock also has 3 badge trails. A rating of 3-5, 5 and 7-8.
Sponsored

NachoRuby

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR , '18 JLU, 73 VW Bug, 97 VW Jetta, all MTs
When are you planning your trip? I'd be interested in hitting up rausch with someone. I've been a few times in my old TJ, but I'm far from experienced. Still, it's fun. There's also another park near Rausch Creek called AOAA. I took the Gladiator there, and it was a lot of fun. But much less technical than Rausch. That's fun as well, but there was a lot of mud when I went. I didn't feel at risk of getting stuck or anything though. You could make it a trip. Mine is a stock JTR with the 33" Falken MTs, possibly upgrading to 35s soon, but I have no plans for a lift, so you'll likely leave me in the dust.

Proximo

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport Max
Windrock was slippery when we went, 8" inches of rain the day before. It wasn't great for us, but managed with alot of winching. Redbird SRA was awesome ($10/day). Hatfield McCoy was ok (too many rules/regulations, including helmet rule), but expensive. 8 badges in 6 days, for that trip. We left Rausch off that trip because we were solo.
Hope that helps
Sponsored