First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon Diesel, 2018 Rubicon JLU
Occupation
Owner - New River Offroad
I recently acquired a Rubicon steel rear bumper for my Max Tow Sport S. The new bumper has the sensor holes in it, and I wanted to install some plugs in these holes. Does anyone have a source for these size plugs?

As an alternative, I may acquire the harness and sensors for this bumper and install this option. Does anyone know whether the wiring is at the rear of the vehicle and if this would be plug-and-play, or would it have to be wired all the way to the front and require a computer refresh?

Thanks.
Sponsored

Sazabi19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Kia Cadenza, 2020 Jeep Gladiator JT Sport S
Found the inserts on quadratec with a quick search, knew I saw them somewhere. Sure you can probably find non-Mopar (less expensive) options somewhere else. This is only the bracket, didn't find inserts. I think the bumper usually comes with them...
https://www.quadratec.com/p/mopar/rear-park-assist-sensor-bracket-gladiator-jt

Also found this which is an aftermarket system. Not sure if the factory/integrated unit can be installed after the fact. This is just the backup sensors for the bumper:
https://www.quadratec.com/p/brand-m...-parking-system-jeep-wrangler-jk-jl-gladiator

Here is the blind-spot/cross traffic guy as well:
https://www.quadratec.com/p/brand-m...ross-traffic-detection-jeep-wrangler-jk-jl-jt

TheHops

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I can't speak for plugs, but 3/4" grommets and 3/4" marker lights did the trick for me on my aftermarket bumper. I don't have sensors, but didn't want to waste the space, so I installed these as accessory brake/turn signals. This bumper is made to accommodate the factory sensors, so I would imagine a 3/4" plug should do the trick.

Jeep Gladiator Rear Bumper Sensors VideoCapture_20200423-205724

Sazabi19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@TheHops Looks really cool, but I'd black out your plates and then repost the pic... personally. Just a thought, some people may not mind.

TheHops

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
@TheHops Looks really cool, but I'd black out your plates and then repost the pic... personally. Just a thought, some people may not mind.
Thanks!

Yeah, I couldn't care less honestly haha. Been doing it for years. I'd be much more concerned about whoever takes the time to try to pull my information in order to trespass.

I do appreciate it though!

Sponsored

J33p3r_b3ast

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Ninja
I have a MetalCloak rear steel bumper. It's great, but after installing, I have had issues with false-positives on the parking sensors (they go off when nothing is behind the vehicle).
I suspect that the sensor "field of vision" is not symmetric 360° around. Is there a particular orientation that the sensors have to have?

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Gladiator High Altitude - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
The sensors seem pretty sensitive. There is a slight hump, about an inch tall and six wide, where the asphalt meets the concrete driveway. Depending on where I pull in, the sensors frequently alert on that when backing out.

Sazabi19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Check to see if they are all mounted flush? Maybe when the truck is on or in motion it jostles the sensors in their housing and you get a false positive from it moving a tiny bit?

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Gladiator High Altitude - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
The sensors are tight, no changes since purchase. It is probably because the driveway slopes up from the street. The asphalt was put down by the county contractor when they paved the road 23 years ago. It has held up well, but they didn't do the best job when putting it down. We didn't have to pay for it, so we didn't complain about the work.

Roklok

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon X
Occupation
Retired
I had to take the JTO back to the installers shop. They had LineXed the bumper and the over spray covered part of the sensor. They cleaned it up and it works fine.

Sponsored

Bmcgub1

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport
Occupation
Superhero
I can't speak for plugs, but 3/4" grommets and 3/4" marker lights did the trick for me on my aftermarket bumper. I don't have sensors, but didn't want to waste the space, so I installed these as accessory brake/turn signals. This bumper is made to accommodate the factory sensors, so I would imagine a 3/4" plug should do the trick.

Jeep Gladiator Rear Bumper Sensors VideoCapture_20200423-205724
Link to plugs and lights?

TheHops

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase

MrJeep

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Rubicon, 2020 Gobi JT Overland
I have heard that the sensors are actually pointed in very specific directions/fine tuned to not interfere with each other. May be worth checking out before you drill holes.
Sponsored