Sponsored

Rear facing car seat?

LouisvEarlleJT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JT Willys Earl
Another rec for the Nuna Pipa, that's what I use, plenty of space behind the driver seat. I have a Clek Foonf that is forward facing behind the passenger and if someone really wanted to they could fit between them in the middle and still buckle up.

Another cool thing about the Nuna is that you only need to buy one seat and then just extra bases for however many cars you need to take it in.
Sponsored

OP
OP
GoBraves95

GoBraves95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport S
Build Thread
Link
There is no latch system in the middle seat of my 21 Sport. Can anyone let me know if I’m missing something?

Arcticelf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator, '13 Tacoma
If I'm remembering correctly from the manual, you'll need to use the "Latch system" for the middle seat.
You want to use the "latch" system anyway, it's much easier to live with, secure the seat, and keep tight than threading a seatbelt.

Sponsored

JeepTaco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bright White Willys.
Hi all! Wife and I are expecting or first in about 4 weeks. I just installed the infant rear facing seat the other day and it leaves almost no room for the passenger (questionable safety because of proximity to the dash) and leaves an unsafe amount of room on the drivers side. Can you share what rear facing seats you are using/have used and how much room they leave? I assume this will only get worse/bigger until he is old enough to flip the seat around. Was not expecting this to be such a big issue but it is. Thanks for your help.
We currently use 2 of these.
SmartSelect_20230325_141201_Samsung Internet.jpg

Takes up more space rear facing. Once the child is old/big enough to switch to forward facing, the space improves.

Congrats and cheers.

TotallyReasonable

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Hydro Blue JT Willys
My wife and I just had our son 5 and a half weeks ago. We have a Chicco Keyfit 35 that fits behind the passenger seat with plenty of room for my wife (she’s 5’ 6”) to sit up front. I’m 6’ 3” and while I wouldn’t want to take a long ride in the passenger seat, I still fit. The wife has found that she prefers to sit in the back with the newborn, which your wife may prefer as well. Here’s a picture of it installed, snaps right in with the latch system ezpz.

Jeep Gladiator Rear facing car seat? 3C103BE0-BE6E-4460-8D3F-E68A370E5FFA
Sponsored