Sponsored

Rear seat delete with foam floor for dogs - cheap, easy and it works great

veblenesque

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mojave manual, 2021 Sport S manual (sold)
I'm posting because this solution was so easy and is working even better than I'd hoped with my three large-ish dogs.

Step 1: Removed the rear seats and the plastic storage bin.

Step 2: Buy a $50 4 inch firm foam slab from Amazon https://www.amazon.com/GoTo-Foam-Height-Upholstery-Cushion/dp/B07S7ZQQVY and a $15 electric knife https://www.amazon.com/Proctor-Silex-74311Y-Lightweight-Contoured/dp/B00006IUX1/

Step 3: Measure the interior and cut out so the foam lays flat (measure twice). The 24" slab fits perfectly under the front seats.

Step 4: Buy a rear seat hammock. Buy carabiner hooks with straps to clip into dog harnesses (you can see mine hanging on the left).

This not only works great for multiple dogs, but also gives me much more space in the back for hauling things. I've had this for a few months and thought I'd share as it has worked perfectly for the dogs.

Oh, and getting the PRP seats instead of the hair magnet fabric seats has also helped.

Jeep Gladiator Rear seat delete with foam floor for dogs - cheap, easy and it works great jeep2

Jeep Gladiator Rear seat delete with foam floor for dogs - cheap, easy and it works great jeep3

Jeep Gladiator Rear seat delete with foam floor for dogs - cheap, easy and it works great jeep1
Sponsored

Last edited:

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
Been more than a couple rear seat delete threads but I like yours tailored for the comfort of your dogs.

Trauma PA

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Willys, 2021 Audi Q3
Occupation
Trauma Surgery Physician Assistant
I'm posting because this solution was so easy and is working even better than I'd hoped with my three large-ish dogs.

Step 2: Buy a $50 4 inch firm foam slab from Amazon https://www.amazon.com/GoTo-Foam-Height-Upholstery-Cushion/dp/B07S7ZQQVY and a $15 electric knife https://www.amazon.com/Proctor-Silex-74311Y-Lightweight-Contoured/dp/B00006IUX1/

Step 3: Measure the interior and cut out so the foam lays flat (measure twice). The 24" slab fits perfectly under the front seats.

Step 4: Buy a rear seat hammock. Buy carabiner hooks with straps to clip into dog harnesses (you can see mine hanging on the left).

This not only works great for multiple dogs, but also gives me much more space in the back for hauling things. I've had this for a few months and thought I'd share as it has worked perfectly for the dogs.

Oh, and getting the PRP seats instead of the hair magnet fabric seats has also helped.

Jeep Gladiator Rear seat delete with foam floor for dogs - cheap, easy and it works great jeep1

Looks great and which seat covers are those?

BrentMG

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Service Member
Looks good.

Sponsored

Jeffg

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon

What hammock did you use?

DankjeeP

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR, '98 XJ, '17 FLHXS
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
HW Engineer
We did something similar. Just have the one dog so I just took out the 60 and left the 40(single) seat. I just cut some plywood to fit then used a standoff to make it level, then added the hammock. I am still trying to figure out the door covering, since my boxer tends to slobber on it lol. There is a little bit of storage underneath. Very ncie seat covers you got there!
Jeep Gladiator Rear seat delete with foam floor for dogs - cheap, easy and it works great 20210705_1200

Gladijave

First Name
L
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GC, 2021 JTR
I am still trying to figure out the door covering, since my boxer tends to slobber on it lol.
Both my dogs gunk up every window they can make contact with. I finally started leaving those windex wipes in the car after an experience where I pulled into my kid‘s school parking lot, and all the other parents were kinda milling around. I parked in a spot where the sun happened to hit my passenger window just right and it was completely opaque with nose-prints from the puppy that had been riding there that morning. Looked like it had been slimed. lol.

We also bought some of those cheap door covers that have a thin plastic piece that slides into the window glass area. It worked okay, but whenever anyone human sat there, the door cover got tossed off, and it became a pain to put it back on.

But, I think if you have a dedicated dog spot in the back, you could pop one of those door covers on and as long as your dog didn’t try and rip it off, it would be fine.

DankjeeP

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR, '98 XJ, '17 FLHXS
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
HW Engineer
Both my dogs gunk up every window they can make contact with. I finally started leaving those windex wipes in the car after an experience where I pulled into my kid‘s school parking lot, and all the other parents were kinda milling around. I parked in a spot where the sun happened to hit my passenger window just right and it was completely opaque with nose-prints from the puppy that had been riding there that morning. Looked like it had been slimed. lol.

We also bought some of those cheap door covers that have a thin plastic piece that slides into the window glass area. It worked okay, but whenever anyone human sat there, the door cover got tossed off, and it became a pain to put it back on.

But, I think if you have a dedicated dog spot in the back, you could pop one of those door covers on and as long as your dog didn’t try and rip it off, it would be fine.
Got a link to the door cover? That is exactly what I was thinking about. My dog would not be interested in it in the least, so no worry about her damaging it.

Sponsored

Gladijave

First Name
L
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GC, 2021 JTR

The Welsh Griffin

First Name
TBone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Work in an Oven
ThinSkinz all the way !!! They are amazing , we pop them out of the gladiator and pop then into the 4xe in seconds, they clean up great and will last forever. Theres also a gladiator forum deal if you mention the forum !!

Last edited:

Gladiator Overland

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Website
linktr.ee
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Rubi Diesel. Toyota 4Runner

Jeep Gladiator Rear seat delete with foam floor for dogs - cheap, easy and it works great 20210705_1200

Please share more on the front seats. Covers or replacements and colorways. Went with covering for now. Eventually would like something more fit.

Barnaby’sdad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Stuff
Nice work, OP.👍 I took the rear seat out of my last truck to accommodate my dog. I‘ve been debating about how I’ll do it with this one.

OP
OP
veblenesque

veblenesque

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mojave manual, 2021 Sport S manual (sold)
The seat covers are from PRP (https://www.prpseats.com/) and the fabric is opal tweed. I've had them now for almost 2 years and they still look like new and fit perfectly. Even though the opal tweed is a weave it's durable and doesn't stain.

Please share more on the front seats. Covers or replacements and colorways. Went with covering for now. Eventually would like something more fit.
Sponsored