Sponsored

Rear Seat Dog bed?

JeepDreams

First Name
Laura
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Gobi Jeep Renegade. Priors: 2007 Rescue Green Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
I use a pet tube. It can be adjusted in length and fully encapsulates my dogs. In the event of an accident, they can’t be thrown into the front. And, if they are shedders, like mine, it captures all the hair.

4C29DE1D-F587-4557-BC98-D8B6409ADA6B.jpeg
Cute! You must have small dogs though...
Sponsored

WildJD

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Santa Fe National Forest, Jemez Mountains, NM
Vehicle(s)
2020 GCM Gladiator JT Launch Edition, 2006 Wrangler TJ 4x4 4.0 Liter Straight 6 Golden Eagle, 2018 Cherokee 4x4 3.2 Liter V6 Latitude
Occupation
Mountain Wilderness Rancher/Horse Guide

Timeless

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT CS
I have a 120# English Mastiff and a 75# long coat GSD. I don't want the drool AND the hair in my JT... plus, it would be a tight fit. (AND I'd have to lift Daisy, the Mastiff, in - her back end doesn't work so good... and I really don't plan on that kind of work out)

My plan is to schlep the pups in my other ride (Jeep Renegade - they fit with the back seat down - until I get a cap or shell for the back of my Renegade.

What kind of dogs do you have?
Sounds like you have a plan. Currently our dogs are slepped in the wife's CX-5.

We have a male greyhound that is 85lbs and a female borzoi that is 55lbs.

rafaelsmith

First Name
Rafael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Software Engineer
We have a 60lb Lab and 60lb Pit. Will probably go with one the of hammock type covers. The Pit is much older and really does not like to ride in cars....but the Lab is an entirely different story. She is a Jeep dog thru and thru.

Sponsored

JRSmith

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
Occupation
retired social worker
I have two dogs that ride in the back. 1. put seat cover over rear seats--to stop the dog hair from getting into fibers. 2,With seats in the use position, cut a 1/2 piece of ply or particle Bd to fit between the rear seat backs and front seat backs. 3 Since the seats are so high and my dogs are older, I have a folding ramp for them to use to get up and in. Build a small box under the ply wood for the ramp tp slid into. 4. Add indoor/out door carpet to the ply. 5. mount a folding leg to each underside at the front of the ply to stabilize it. 6.Add a water proof cover over the upper rear seat and continue it over the ply toward the front seats. You can attach the safty harness to seat belt or where ever... You also now have storage space under the ply as well as under the rear seat...I took out the rear seat box to make access easier.

Climbhigh

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Hydro Blue Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Arborist
Last edited:

mreloc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 991.2 VW GTI
I bought Bartact seat covers and got the armrest cover to match. More expensive, but I think the quality and durability is there.
What makes the Bartact covers better than let's say something from Coverking? Not doubting, just trying to become informed :)

mreloc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 991.2 VW GTI
I'm wondering if something like this would work well

41LGMcR1m-L._SX466_.jpg

https://www.amazon.com/Heavy-Travel-Inflatable-Mattress-Extended/dp/B00HV47N3U

A plus for me is it creates a glat area, but the seats are still installed. Also the seat belts clips are still accessible to clip in the dogs.
hahaha! I love this part of the item description!:

"
  • Durable car SUV equipment for comfortable travel sleeping for kid and partent, or create more room for romantic intimate motion in vechicles"

Climbhigh

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Hydro Blue Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Arborist
hahaha! I love this part of the item description!:

"
  • Durable car SUV equipment for comfortable travel sleeping for kid and partent, or create more room for romantic intimate motion in vechicles"
Wow I missed that. But after I posted it, I went back and looked at the other pictures...that was shocking too. Not something that really needs a model for imo

Sponsored

OP
OP
steffen707

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
Wow I missed that. But after I posted it, I went back and looked at the other pictures...that was shocking too. Not something that really needs a model for imo
lmao, that model looks like a barbie doll.

primethios

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
I have been using this cover since I bought the gladiator and it has been doing well with my 85 pound bernedoodle year old puppy. I have been quite happy with it and a couple friends have bought it because of seeing mine.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B078L2MWRN/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

If you want just holler and I will post a couple pics of it in the gladiator.

I leave it in there all the time and the snap clips make removing it quick. Depemding on my mood I sometimes just undo the front and let people sit on the cover but if people are dressed nicely I can quickly undo the other two clips and throw the cover in back

Whitepanther

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Civil Engineer
Has anything used the Carhartt seat covers they've made for the Wranglers?

rafaelsmith

First Name
Rafael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Software Engineer
I have been using this cover since I bought the gladiator and it has been doing well with my 85 pound bernedoodle year old puppy. I have been quite happy with it and a couple friends have bought it because of seeing mine.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B078L2MWRN/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

If you want just holler and I will post a couple pics of it in the gladiator.

I leave it in there all the time and the snap clips make removing it quick. Depemding on my mood I sometimes just undo the front and let people sit on the cover but if people are dressed nicely I can quickly undo the other two clips and throw the cover in back

Does the front hammock part have a zipper in the center? I have seen some that do. My Lab would not like not being able to rest her head on the center console =P

Slapping_Rabbits

First Name
Nirzwan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep gladiator Rubicon, triumph rocket iii roadster