jbehrn

jbehrn

First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
An update: the dealer has had my truck for 4 business days and has not returned any calls or emails with the status of the repair. I’m assuming that there is a supply chain issue due to COVID (from what I’ve read on other posts here). On the plus side, the dealer did give me a loaner bargain basement mini-van to drive! It drives like a bathroom tub and I’m not putting miles on my Gladiator... :LOL:
Sponsored

OP
OP
jbehrn

jbehrn

First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Finally got my truck back this afternoon! They reported a bad seal and replaced the shock. I asked the service advisor why it took a week and was told they had to order the part and it took some time to get in... Sounds like FCA is having a supply chain issue?

TheSolarWizard

First Name
Memphis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3.0 JT
Occupation
Solar & EV infrastructure
Finally got my truck back this afternoon! They reported a bad seal and replaced the shock. I asked the service advisor why it took a week and was told they had to order the part and it took some time to get in... Sounds like FCA is having a supply chain issue?
heard of COVID by chance?!

2021 Willys

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Wrangler Sahara, 2021 Willy Gladiator
Occupation
Retired US Government
My Overland Gladiator just hit 2200 miles and this morning I discovered a puddle of fluid under it. I crawled under it and looked around to find one of the rear shocks leaking... a lot. I'm going to bring it in tomorrow to the local dealership, but in my 20+ years of owning vehicles I've never had a shock leak before. I'm curious to know if they will swap both rear shocks; anyone have any experience with this before?
339 miles on my 2021 Willys Sport and the right rear shocked leaked all over my driveway.. been waiting for nearly 2 months for a replacement shock under warranty.. they are only replacing the defective shock...
got an update today that the shock might be here next Monday..

OP
OP
jbehrn

jbehrn

First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
339 miles on my 2021 Willys Sport and the right rear shocked leaked all over my driveway.. been waiting for nearly 2 months for a replacement shock under warranty.. they are only replacing the defective shock...
Jeep is taking forever to get parts. It took them 4 months to replace my leaking back window. Glad to hear that they may have you fixed up next week!

Sponsored

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
That is pretty standard for them to only replace the one leaking shock and not also it's matching pair regardless of mileage.

JTR178

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon
Occupation
5-0
Sorry to necromance an old thread. Discovered a large puddle of fluid and the bottom of the shock mount was soaked yesterday. Has anyone had issues getting this repaired under warranty? Hasn't been wheeled yet, but I'm worried they might try and blame it on my new 37" tires and tell me to pound sand.

OP
OP
jbehrn

jbehrn

First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sorry to necromance an old thread. Discovered a large puddle of fluid and the bottom of the shock mount was soaked yesterday. Has anyone had issues getting this repaired under warranty? Hasn't been wheeled yet, but I'm worried they might try and blame it on my new 37" tires and tell me to pound sand.
Jeep replaced mine w/o issue; however my old gladiator was stock. I would expect Jeep would have to prove that your modifications caused the failure…

Mac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Hydro Blue Max Tow
What model JT?

JTR178

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon
Occupation
5-0
Jeep replaced mine w/o issue; however my old gladiator was stock. I would expect Jeep would have to prove that your modifications caused the failure…
Oh, I'm aware. Just seems like a lot of dealerships trying to get out of warranty work these days.

What model JT?
'20 Rubicon, 12,000 miles.

Reactions: Mac

Sponsored

OP
OP
jbehrn

jbehrn

First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oh, I'm aware. Just seems like a lot of dealerships trying to get out of warranty work these days.
The service advisor that I Initially worked with was an ass and gave me grief. Once I handed the Jeep over for repairs everything went smoothly. Took longer than it should have…

JTR178

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon
Occupation
5-0
The service advisor that I Initially worked with was an ass and gave me grief. Once I handed the Jeep over for repairs everything went smoothly. Took longer than it should have…
Well, looks like this was all for nothing. My lift will be in tomorrow and I'm sure I can get it put on before I ever get an appointment with the dealer and then likely wait for the replacement. Maybe someone out there is in the market for 3 rubicon shock spares. 🤣

cdyoung9799

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Gladiator
I have 2 Jeep dealers close to me. I bought my last 2 Jeeps from the larger dealer, but I always take mine to the smaller dealership for service. They're twice as fast, and twice as nice. Back when I had my '15 JKUR, I took it in to the smaller dealer for a check engine light related to my thermostat. After they fixed it (completely under warranty), they told me the spring on the thermostat broke off and traveled into the water pump. The service advisor laughed because they had to knock off the caked mud around the water pump to replace it since I had been wheeling a few days before and just hadn't had time to spray down the engine. The larger dealership would most likely have told me to pound sand on the warranty repair.

OP
OP
jbehrn

jbehrn

First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well, looks like this was all for nothing. My lift will be in tomorrow and I'm sure I can get it put on before I ever get an appointment with the dealer and then likely wait for the replacement. Maybe someone out there is in the market for 3 rubicon shock spares. 🤣
I sold a complete set of Rubicon take off shocks for ~300 A few months ago. I would think that trying to sell 3 is going to be a pain.

JTR178

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon
Occupation
5-0
I sold a complete set of Rubicon take off shocks for ~300 A few months ago. I would think that trying to sell 3 is going to be a pain.
Found a couple listings on eBay for single rear shocks but the price is ridiculous. Guess they'll just take up room in the garage until I can find one to make it a whole set and sell it.
Sponsored