First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IT
Thanks for the pics. Does the body meet at top of the fins pictured? Looks like it would be tough to slip something in from this side. Does the other side have better access?
Yes. Zero access. I tried 15 different trim tools.
Sponsored

Blade1668

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
90XJ, 91XJ, 91MJ, 05 LJ, 20 JT
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I have removed it once when mine was less than year old, I don't want to remove it again soon. I used the plastic trim removal tools and scratch the s@@@ out of every trim panel I've pulled off still. In five or so years it won't matter anyway. 🙄

cug

First Name
Guido
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR EcoDiesel, Land Cruiser 79, BMW R1250GS
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Just keeping busy
I just removed the rear trim and subwoofer as well (to make space for a storage platform). This has to be THE WORST clip mechanism ever invented. They are basically meant to be pressed in once and never removed.

I broke three of the clamps, but one actually took a whole chunk out of the trim panel itself. Doesn't really matter to me now since I'm going to put a plywood board there, but what an effing stupid clip system. Even Ford didn't use crap like that in the early 90s when I worked a lot on these.

Wolf Island Diver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Rubicon EcoDiesel
Occupation
Software Engineer
I just removed the rear trim and subwoofer as well (to make space for a storage platform). This has to be THE WORST clip mechanism ever invented. They are basically meant to be pressed in once and never removed.

I broke three of the clamps, but one actually took a whole chunk out of the trim panel itself. Doesn't really matter to me now since I'm going to put a plywood board there, but what an effing stupid clip system. Even Ford didn't use crap like that in the early 90s when I worked a lot on these.
Yeah several of the plastic stanchions and clips broke off of mine. I was pulling the sub to install some polyfill like a true 90’s boy. The good thing is that the panel doesn’t seem to rattle. The plastic in the JL isn’t the brittle stuff of the TJs but I swear it breaks more easily.

cug

First Name
Guido
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR EcoDiesel, Land Cruiser 79, BMW R1250GS
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Just keeping busy
I broke mine to the point that it will go into the trash tomorrow. I tried not to, but once it broke to the point of being unusable, I just didn't care anymore. Cheap shit.
Sponsored