Sponsored

Rear under seat storage box

biggdave92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR / 2000 XJ Sport 4x4
So if you opt out of the cargo group, can you buy the box that goes under the seat separately? will it pop right in? part number?
Sponsored

Jake

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport
That’s a great question. Only reason why I would order the trail rail system is just to get that under seat box. Don’t care about the power outlet and also don’t care about the bed rails. Only reason why I would want the bed rails is if I had to have them in order to mount the hard folding tonneau cover. And just yesterday I got to read up on the Mopar trifold tonneau cover. And it looks like you don’t have to have the bed rails to mount it. Which gets me to just the under seat box.

It gets bolted to the floor with the same bolts that are used for the under seat partition that you get when you don’t have that under seat box, 2 bolts on each side.

I see 2 potential problems with this:

Can you actually order this box from a Jeep parts department?

And would you be able to lock the box shut with your car key? When you get it from the factory it can be locked shut with your car key.

And of course the fifty million dollar question remains: how much of a bloody fortune would it cost to get one from a Jeep dealerships parts department?

And finally FYI if you are interested in a base Sport model then you should know that the trail rail system is not supposed to be available for that trim level. Means you either manage to get it from a Jeep parts department or pay about $3000.00 more for a Sports S model so you can then get the trail rail system with this under seat box.

OP
OP
biggdave92

biggdave92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR / 2000 XJ Sport 4x4
good question on the key deal. probably have to get it keyed. yea, all i'd like is the box myself. dont need the others. hopefully we'll find out something soon.

RedTRex

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU / 2014 WK2 Diesel
good question on the key deal. probably have to get it keyed. yea, all i'd like is the box myself. dont need the others. hopefully we'll find out something soon.
Should be able to get once we determine it's part number.

The lock(s) may self set with the vehicle key upon first insertion. Take the MOPAR hood lock for example

Jake

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport
Should be able to get once we determine it's part number.

The lock(s) may self set with the vehicle key upon first insertion. Take the MOPAR hood lock for example
Hey RedTRex thanks for that great suggestion. I was not aware of the hood lock that you are taking about. Good idea, great logic that it should work the same way.

Sponsored

Jake

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport
Hey RedTRex FYI I called a Jeep dealerships parts department and got a price of $1200.00 for the complete under seat box. See attached picture and diagram. Yes I know it sounds like a lot. But if you are going to get a base Sport model then you can’t get the trail rail system that comes with this box. As mentioned earlier you would have to pay over $3000.00 more to step up to a Sport S model so you could then order the trail rail system for an extra $895.00 Not certain if you could get your car key to work the lock box key. If you can’t do that then I would think that it would at least come with its own different key that would lock it. For $1200.00 it should be lockable. My 2 cents opinion.
88D356CC-2EBA-4AAE-A4EB-7FC029F4A93D.jpeg
C92DCCCB-44C6-4841-8FDB-9B5157038DD6.jpeg

Jake

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport
Where did you get the diagram from @Jake ?

...did they give you a part number?
2C52D45D-B02F-4A6E-8315-74995849A440.jpeg

0C915ED6-0AF8-4FA8-BBD6-D09DC9CB0B8B.jpeg

See the 2 attachments. As you will see it’s a bunch of individual parts that together make this box. And FYI I bet there’s going to be a lot of owners that will be selling these boxes right here on this forum as they will not want them. Give it a little time. It will happen. Oh and a parts guy at a local Jeep dealership emailed these to me.

Sponsored

RedTRex

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2C52D45D-B02F-4A6E-8315-74995849A440.jpeg

0C915ED6-0AF8-4FA8-BBD6-D09DC9CB0B8B.jpeg

See the 2 attachments. As you will see it’s a bunch of individual parts that together make this box. And FYI I bet there’s going to be a lot of owners that will be selling these boxes right here on this forum as they will not want them. Give it a little time. It will happen. Oh and a parts guy at a local Jeep dealership emailed these to me.
That's weird. the pdf is only a pic can you upload again please

Jake

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport
You were asking for a part number. Am guessing that what they labeled the PDF file may be an item number or a package code. That’s why I did a screenshot of that labeling. Suggest that you try calling your local Jeep dealership and ask them about ordering one of these under seat boxes. They should look under accessories which is what this guy did in order to find it.

kayakmike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Granite Crystal Metallic Launch Edition
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Rocket Scientist
Hey RedTRex FYI I called a Jeep dealerships parts department and got a price of $1200.00 for the complete under seat box. See attached picture and diagram. Yes I know it sounds like a lot. But if you are going to get a base Sport model then you can’t get the trail rail system that comes with this box. As mentioned earlier you would have to pay over $3000.00 more to step up to a Sport S model so you could then order the trail rail system for an extra $895.00 Not certain if you could get your car key to work the lock box key. If you can’t do that then I would think that it would at least come with its own different key that would lock it. For $1200.00 it should be lockable. My 2 cents opinion.
88D356CC-2EBA-4AAE-A4EB-7FC029F4A93D.jpeg
C92DCCCB-44C6-4841-8FDB-9B5157038DD6.jpeg
Wow! I get your math that for a Sport it would cost nearly $4k to step up to a Sport S with the Cargo Management System. Its more I'm shocked that Jeep sells the CMS option (which includes bed rails, upgrade to 240A alternator, inverter w/ bed outlet and cargo box) for $895, but charges $1200 for a portion of that package as a separate part. Maybe you can eventually find someone with the CMS that doesn't want the under seat box and will sell it on ebay or somewhere else? Lock could still be an issue...

Jake

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport
I can only agree with you Kayakmike. Jeep makes everything a strange, expensive and complicated world. Like we both said they will show up for sale later on by many who don’t want the boxes. I agree they will show up for sale soon, more than likely on this forum or on EBay as you suggested. And it will be for truck loads less money.

RedTRex

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You were asking for a part number. Am guessing that what they labeled the PDF file may be an item number or a package code. That’s why I did a screenshot of that labeling. Suggest that you try calling your local Jeep dealership and ask them about ordering one of these under seat boxes. They should look under accessories which is what this guy did in order to find it.
I got ya....
Sponsored