First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Support Analyst
February 2022 I installed the Oracle Skid Plate (https://www.oraclelights.com/produc...mitters-for-jeep-wrangler-jl-and-gladiator-jt) (yellow lights) and honestly it's saved my ass a couple times in a torrential downpour driving to Florida and in a blinding snow squall coming home from work. I can't say enough about how functionally effective it is. However, it was rusting out pretty badly, so this week my buddy Brett (see BK Overland Adventures on youtube - they did the Trans America Trail in his Gladiator this summer over 10 weeks) and I disassembled, grinded (ground?), polished, primed (5 coats) and painted (5 coats) the steel. Now we're getting ready to reassemble the lights. There are a LOT of little pieces (sleeves, zipties, etc.). I foresee many headaches and frustration beers in getting this thing put back together. I asked Oracle's Customer Service if they had an assembly instruction, but they don't. So I'm wondering if anyone here has reassembled the skid plate, and if there are any tips to be had?

Thanks in advance.

(edit: I purchased the skid plate through 4WP in Burlington ON with their extended three year warranty and now they are out of business - does anyone know if the warranty would be honoured by another retailer?)

Jeep Gladiator Reassembly of Oracle Lighting Skid plate with LED Emitters IMG_9827.JPG

Jeep Gladiator Reassembly of Oracle Lighting Skid plate with LED Emitters IMG_9819.JPG

Jeep Gladiator Reassembly of Oracle Lighting Skid plate with LED Emitters IMG_9824.JPG
Sponsored

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver

Alpine Warthog

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Gladiator, 98 XJ
Occupation
Retired USAF Police Officer
Florida to Ontario? Boy you get around! if by 4WP you mean 4wheelparts @4wp.com I'm pretty sure they would have. But you've already done the heavy lifting and repaired the part you felt was broken. (Warranty may not have covered the coating BTW. Double check it) I think you had a strong case but it seems a little late now. Plus a new one would likely have the same weak paint problem that you just fixed...

The paint looks great by the way. I wish I could get results that nice!

OP
OP

MattHamilton

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Support Analyst
Florida to Ontario? Boy you get around! if by 4WP you mean 4wheelparts @4wp.com I'm pretty sure they would have. But you've already done the heavy lifting and repaired the part you felt was broken. (Warranty may not have covered the coating BTW. Double check it) I think you had a strong case but it seems a little late now. Plus a new one would likely have the same weak paint problem that you just fixed...

The paint looks great by the way. I wish I could get results that nice!
Thank you very much for your kind words. This Jeep thing is all new to me; I've never "modified" anything in my life and I'm 58. So almost every time I touch the thing it's a new experience. The reason I ask about the warranty is more for if something happens to the lights, or electronics.

Alpine Warthog

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Gladiator, 98 XJ
Occupation
Retired USAF Police Officer
Thank you very much for your kind words. This Jeep thing is all new to me; I've never "modified" anything in my life and I'm 58. So almost every time I touch the thing it's a new experience. The reason I ask about the warranty is more for if something happens to the lights, or electronics.
Welcome to the world of Jeep. Nothing can be left as is!

As for the warranty, 4wp is a chain so you're not left out in the cold, also I'm pretty sure your warranty claim would be handled by Oracle so you're good. Oracle has been great for me.

Sponsored

cranbiz

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR, 2017 WK2 Trailhawk, 2012 JK
Occupation
IT Analyst, Volunteer Firefighter
The 4WP extended warranty was a 4 Wheel Parts thing, not an Oracle thing. As 4 Wheel Parts has not gone completely out of business, the warranty is good at any retail location that still exists. In my case, I now have to go to Charlotte if I need service on my axles (both have 4WP warranties) instead of Raleigh, which is an inconvenience to me but at least I have an option that isn't 2 states away from me.

OP
OP

MattHamilton

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Support Analyst
The 4WP extended warranty was a 4 Wheel Parts thing, not an Oracle thing. As 4 Wheel Parts has not gone completely out of business, the warranty is good at any retail location that still exists. In my case, I now have to go to Charlotte if I need service on my axles (both have 4WP warranties) instead of Raleigh, which is an inconvenience to me but at least I have an option that isn't 2 states away from me.
I don't think there are any left in Ontario, so it might be a whole new country for me, if there are no local retailers willing to take up the cause...

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver
@ORACLElights

OP
OP

MattHamilton

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Support Analyst
I just wanted to say that I'm totally content with the support I've received from Oracle in this case. They've answered my queries promptly and completely, as far as I can tell. Their manufacturer warranty is one year, and I'm outside that window, and I didn't want anything from them in terms of replacement parts or anything like that. I only posted this query on this board to see if anyone else has experience reassembling the skid plate, as "frustration beers" do not taste as good as "job completed" beers. I would purchase from them again, in a heartbeat.
Sponsored