Sponsored

Rebel 3 Gladiator Builds/Trail Reports

Status
Not open for further replies.

jurfie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Granite Crystal Metallic JKR; 2016 Daytona Grey Audi A5 Competition Package
I will speak with them when we get out there for details on release dates and size options. As of right now I know they're making a 37x17 and the 40x20.
Thanks! JT would be 37x17s for sure. Personally, if I'm going to the expense of putting bigger tires on it, it may as well be the size I think looks best...those 40s do look fantastic, but I'd be concerned about needing to start reinforcing some stuff. Stage 2, perhaps; builds are never really complete anyways. ;)

I'd also consider those RAZR A/Ts in 35x17 (when they release that size) to run in the winter on my JKR; the tread pattern looks like it would be comparable to a KO2 or DT, and the 35x17 KM3s that are on there right now (that I love off-road) aren't that great on-road in our winter conditions (wet, slushy, icy). I know; not a problem in SoCal, but in SoBC (;)), I have to think about that.

Anyways...not to hijack your build thread with tire talk! I look forward to researching the Maxxis RAZR A/Ts so more!

Excited we get to finally show you all those photos I could posted earlier.
I'm sure those of us who have replied to this thread are not the only ones excited to see them as well! Please do keep sharing them, and for sure post up photos and videos after the show when you take it out on the trails! :like:
Sponsored

OP
OP
RebelOffRoad

RebelOffRoad

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
22551 Shannon Circle, Lake Forest, CA 92630
Website
www.rebeloffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Rubicon and 2 Gladiator Overlands
Occupation
Marketing Director
Thanks! JT would be 37x17s for sure. Personally, if I'm going to the expense of putting bigger tires on it, it may as well be the size I think looks best...those 40s do look fantastic, but I'd be concerned about needing to start reinforcing some stuff. Stage 2, perhaps; builds are never really complete anyways. ;)

I'd also consider those RAZR A/Ts in 35x17 (when they release that size) to run in the winter on my JKR; the tread pattern looks like it would be comparable to a KO2 or DT, and the 35x17 KM3s that are on there right now (that I love off-road) aren't that great on-road in our winter conditions (wet, slushy, icy). I know; not a problem in SoCal, but in SoBC (;)), I have to think about that.

Anyways...not to hijack your build thread with tire talk! I look forward to researching the Maxxis RAZR A/Ts so more!

I'm sure those of us who have replied to this thread are not the only ones excited to see them as well! Please do keep sharing them, and for sure post up photos and videos after the show when you take it out on the trails! :like:
No problem! We haven't been able to really drive on these tires as they are prototypes that were shipped to us from Maxxis. We look forward to getting an opportunity to test them out later when they've gone into production.

We'll keep this thread going trust me. We have some Alabama Hills/Big Bear trips planned already for after we get back from Vegas.

OP
OP
RebelOffRoad

RebelOffRoad

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.rebeloffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Marketing Director
Here's some shots of Iron Man JT in its current state. We're redoing the interior accessory setup as we're now going to mount a Pelican iM3300 on the drivers exterior side of our XPLOR Rack.

IMG_1587.JPG

IMG_1586.JPG

IMG_1585.JPG

OP
OP
RebelOffRoad

RebelOffRoad

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.rebeloffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Marketing Director
Last nights roll out as we finished up on the wrapped orange Gladiator. Shortly after this it was on its way to Vegas for load in at McCarran Airport.

RH 67

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Black Rubicon Gladiator, Alfa Romeo Quad
Occupation
Retired DOD, Army SF, SS.
Last nights roll out as we finished up on the wrapped orange Gladiator. Shortly after this it was on its way to Vegas for load in at McCarran Airport.

Nice work!!!

Sponsored

OP
OP
RebelOffRoad

RebelOffRoad

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.rebeloffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Marketing Director
Is that a sPOD HD controller mounted in the bed of our Gladiator? Yup! We can control the KC HiLiTES rack lights, Lux Lights rock lights/bed lights and our Dometic CFX50W from the controller.

Screenshot_2019-10-31 Consult Build Deliver ( rebeloffroad) • Instagram photos and videos.png

Last edited:

smlobx

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR, F-350 diesel, Porsche Spyder, Model Y
Occupation
Semi retired consultant
Is that a sPOD HD controller mounted in the bed of our Gladiator? Yup! We can control the KC HiLiTES rack lights, Lux Lights rock lights/bed lights and our Dometic CFX50W from the controller.

is the SPod waterproof?

OP
OP
RebelOffRoad

RebelOffRoad

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.rebeloffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Marketing Director
They say 4 season but is that true? What's the best way to stay warm in those in the winter?
We picked up the insulator for the tent. Going to test it out this winter as we plan to do a bunch of desert and forest camping. I also use a 0 degree sleeping bag that I've never been cold in. I've slept inside our vehicle trailer out at Hammers (which is basically a fancy way of saying an ice box) for a week with just that bag and was never cold. Mr. Heaters are awesome too if you really need to warm the tent up.

OP
OP
RebelOffRoad

RebelOffRoad

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.rebeloffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Marketing Director
Per sPOD "Panel is designed to withstand the harshest environments with all weather conditions taken into account."
We're about to put that to the test.

Sponsored

smlobx

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR, F-350 diesel, Porsche Spyder, Model Y
Occupation
Semi retired consultant
The best way???

Sleep with someone else! Seriously we have a queen size double bag and have never been cold!

OP
OP
RebelOffRoad

RebelOffRoad

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.rebeloffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Marketing Director
Wanted to show how we're going to mount some of the Pelican cases on our Halo Racks for the Punk'n Orange Gladiator we're still working on. Pelican has some new product coming out soon for the overland community that I think you guys will love. For now, this is how we'll be mounting ours.

IMG_1599.JPG

59425646486__40202619-2634-40B9-BD8F-81F837C4E028.JPG

59425647052__89B34D21-6CBF-4C63-9D48-D003327C29D9.JPG

59425645896__21389DB9-418C-4EFB-A369-9A1FE9B2FFCC.JPG

jurfie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Granite Crystal Metallic JKR; 2016 Daytona Grey Audi A5 Competition Package
Those're purdy.

OP
OP
RebelOffRoad

RebelOffRoad

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.rebeloffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Marketing Director
Huge thank you to Warn Industries for getting us dialed in with their Epic line of shackles and Hyperlinks.

Screenshot_2019-11-01 Consult Build Deliver ( rebeloffroad) • Instagram photos and videos.png

PUGLIA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT, SSMT
IT’S OFFICIAL! Our Gladiator is parked inside McCarran Airport Terminal 1 Baggage Claim in Las Vegas for SEMA week! This vehicle is debuting Maxxis Tires - USA new RAZR A/T in a 40” tire for a 20” wheel. Huge thank you to Maxxis Tires for partnering with us and offering this wonderful opportunity along with all the other vendors listed below that helped to make this happen . Please give them a follow if you haven’t already. If you guys fly in this week please grab photos and DM us. We’ll be sending our swag packs to lucky winners!

Rock Jock 4x4 KC HiLiTES, Inc. Black Rhino Wheels WARN Spicer Parts Dometic TeraFlex Suspensions Steer Smarts GenRight Off Road Tepui Tents Rock Krawler Suspension Nemesis Industries ARTEC Industries Rhino-Rack USA, LLC Keen Wraps Fabricante Auto Body Mavrick Powder Coat & Sandblast

IMG_1547.jpg

IMG_1548.jpg

IMG_1546.jpg

That’s a beast!! Nice work.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.