James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland, Grand Cherokee Trailhawk, TJ
Occupation
Project Manager
Vehicle Showcase
In the process of upgrading my Overland (with 18 inch wheels) to 35s and pulled the spare only to find that Jeep cheaped-out and put a 17 inch wheel and a 245 tire in there for the spare. Really!!!??? Anyone have a recommendation on an inexpensive 18*7.5 wheel I can use for the spare - basic like the stock? The center is slightly larger on the spare rim complicating things as the retaining cable appears to need that larger hole. Any recommendation help is appreciated.
Sponsored

Last edited:

velogeek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sport S Max Tow
In the process of upgrading my Overland (with 18 inch wheels) to 35s and pulled the spare only to find that Jeep cheaped-out and put a 17 inch wheel and a 245 tire in there for the spare. Really!!!??? Anyone have a recommendation on an inexpensive 18*7.5 wheel I can use for the spare - basic like the stock? The center is slightly larger on the spare rim complicating things as the retaining cable appears to need that larger hole. Any recommendation help is appreciated.
I'd just hawk Craigslist and try to get an actual stock wheel. You might find something slightly cheaper or mismatched for even less but to me, It's worth it to have the option of a matched wheel in case I drag one across a rock.

Digger70

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Altitude
Check ebay too. I was looking at stock Jeep wheels on there with free shipping. Put in the search 18" and 5x5 or 5x127 bolt pattern.

OP
OP
robinja

robinja

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland, Grand Cherokee Trailhawk, TJ
Occupation
Project Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Found a Jeep Overland wheel on ebay and can confirm drop cable clears the center hole (just barely). 285/75R18 (34.8 tall) Falken Wildpeak tire mounted and fits in wheel well perfectly.

Be aware, there is a bolt that sticks down about 1 1/4 inches under the bed in the wheel well and a different rim may come in contact with it. I used a plastic cap and some duct tape to cover it - made sure that full size spare cleared it and the bolt aligned with a lug hole.
Sponsored