Remote Auto Start

dayusmc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gobi Mojave & 2022 JLU High-Tide
Occupation
Retired Marine; Divorce Attorney
Whenever someone asks about these two things, everyone always addresses the second part about the app, but not the first part about actually adding factory remote start.
You don’t need to add a module (or change the RF Hub). It doesn’t matter what the kit says you need, or supplies, and this goes for pretty much all FCA vehicles that use an RF hub- As long as you have the hood switch with the ajar sense, all you need to buy is the correct key fob that has the remote start button, have the dealer program it, have them add sales code XBM, and you’ll have factory remote start.
As far as adding it to the app, this can only be done if your vehicle is capable of having Sirius guardian. There’s a lot of hoops to jump through, but they’ll add it to the app.
If your vehicle was not factory equipped with a connected radio (no Sirius guardian capability), then you will never be able to get it activated for your VIN.

That being said, the drone mobile you have is cheaper, and WAY more reliable with remote starting from the app than the factory app.
So that is a question, my radio has Sirius XM (trial just ended) would that radio have Sirius Guardian?
Sponsored

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
So that is a question, my radio has Sirius XM (trial just ended) would that radio have Sirius Guardian?
Sirius Guardian requires a head unit that has cellular communication capabilities.

dayusmc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
It is the 5 inch two Knob radio with Sirus...

Sponsored

dayusmc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
So I want under my Jeep app, it says under standard options uconnect 3 with 5" display
Jeep Gladiator Remote Auto Start Screenshot_20230320-144350_Jee

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
How do I know if my head unit has that?
SiriusXM Radio is the receive only satellite radio option that is available on all the head units. Sirius Guardian is the subscription service that enables the remote functions to work on head units that are cellular capable. These units normally have the service activation process completed by the dealer at the time of delivery. Jeep only offers support for cellular capable head units that are factory installed.

dayusmc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Thank you. I don't have any SOS button on my mirror, so I probably don't have it...

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Thank you. I don't have any SOS button on my mirror, so I probably don't have it...
Correct. The vehicle equipment list shows the five inch screen. That unit is not cellular equipped.
Sponsored