First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Sales
Has anyone confirmed if the 2021 Overland has the module? Should have mine in a week or two and it doesnt have remote start. I wonder if Tazer is working on something for this.
Sponsored

JT-white-2021

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT
Occupation
Telecom
Has anyone confirmed if the 2021 Overland has the module? Should have mine in a week or two and it doesnt have remote start. I wonder if Tazer is working on something for this.
In this thread, this has been confirmed. I have a 2021 Overland and had the remote start option installed. It will need to be flashed with the sales code and new key fobs programmed.

MarkyMark80

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Sales
In this thread, this has been confirmed. I have a 2021 Overland and had the remote start option installed. It will need to be flashed with the sales code and new key fobs programmed.
Thank you, just called the dealer before and they said they could have a local guy do it for $750 :lol:

Uparms

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JT, 2020 JT, 72 CJ5,2005 LJ, 2002 TJ, 92 YJ
Vehicle Showcase
Beware, you can buy the Mopar kit online, $360.?? BUT, you can't install it and take it to the the dealer to finish the programming ( like I could on my 13 - F150).

When you install it, no keys will work, (old two or the new two.) So you then take a used, customer bought part to your dealer and if they are nice, their install charge minus the part was $280? I have a very good dealer, but 360 (summer price) plus 280. $640 total.

I went with mopar as I thought it would reduce wear and tear on the locks . I could be wrong( probably not) but all the aftermarket products appeared to need to have the lock button pressed 3 X to remote start??

No I just need to figure out how to stop the horn beep 2X with remote start.

Sponsored

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
Sorry to bring this up but is there a model number for the remote start? The one I find shows a really old key and not the current gladiator key.

https://store.mopar.com/oem-parts/mopar-remote-start-82215957ac?c=Zz1lbGVjdHJvbmljcyZzPXJlbW90ZS1zdGFydCZsPTEmbj1DYXRlZ29yeSBQYWdlJmE9amVlcCZvPWdsYWRpYXRvciZ5PTIwMjAmdD1ydWJpY29uJmU9My02bC12Ni1nYXM=
I would contact @AllMoparParts.com with your VIN and ask them. That kit only shows it is compatible with 2020 models.

dayusmc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gobi Mojave & 2022 JLU High-Tide
Occupation
Retired Marine; Divorce Attorney
I have a 2020 JT, no factory remote start, 5 inch radio with sirus.. I installed a idatalink remote start and Drone mobile. It works fine, but I want to put a factory remote start in. I have read a lot of different posts, some say you have to add a module and have it programed by the dealer. When I looked the kit up, it says discontinued. I also want to be able to use the Jeep UConnect app also.
Can anyone point me in the right direction.

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I have a 2020 JT, no factory remote start, 5 inch radio with sirus.. I installed a idatalink remote start and Drone mobile. It works fine, but I want to put a factory remote start in. I have read a lot of different posts, some say you have to add a module and have it programed by the dealer. When I looked the kit up, it says discontinued. I also want to be able to use the Jeep UConnect app also.
Can anyone point me in the right direction.
To use the Uconnect/Jeep App to Remote Start the truck requires the Uconnect (remote start capable) head unit to be factory installed. FCA/Jeep/Stellantis does not offer or support the option to upgrade after the truck is built.

Last edited:

dayusmc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Well that sucks!

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
..........and that's the way it goes. It's how automotive stuff has gone for a long time. Why should they make it really simple to swap out parts that are integral to how an entire system works and then fully support the changes YOU made buying parts from god only knows where?
Sorry, but I really don't blame them.
It's a whole can of works supporting massive changes made by internet experts following instructions published out there by anyone who does stuff.
A dealer may spend hours sorting out your screw-ups. (or the screw-ups made by those putting instructions out there)
You mod it, you own it - mistakes and malfunctions and all.
All they must do is warrant stuff to be free from manufacturing and assembly mess-ups by them. Not fix what internet geeks do.
If I sell you a car - and you swap in a whole sound system and replace the carburetor with EFI - you bought it - not my problem if things you touch doesn't work.
Not my responsibility to make anything work that you change unless it was due to a flaw in the car I sold you.
As much as Jeep people scream they are - or should be, they aren't legos.
So much works together as a system, it's not like the old days of swapping in electronic ignition for the points.

Sponsored

dayusmc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
First who said I was going to mod it and screw it up?
If I go to the dealer, buy the parts from them and pay to install them (at a considerable markup) they make more money than than if I bought the vehicle with those options from the manufacturer.
Dealers have Always supported dealer added options as they make the most money on them. Remember COPO chevys?
On top of that, once I pay the boatload of money for the parts and install from the dealer, I then pay a yearly subscription.
I think people on forums wrongfully assume everyone on the board is cheap and on the board trying to save money. I am not. This was the only gladiator I found within 200 miles in the color combination I wanted that was for sale. I will now gladly pay the extra 10k for the extras. Yes am I overpaying, definitely. But I don't care.
I installed an aftermarket car start with phone app for about $200, just to have it while I researched putting in what I really want. I am not concerned about the money.
Dealer installed options are where the money is at for them, not to support it goes against basic business strategy...

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
The Remote Functions is something they keep tight control over. Allowing dealers to install and add units would become a logistics nightmare. They track by VIN number and have to coordinate between Jeep, AT&T, and SiriusXM. The unit has to be factory installed to be added to the database and activated on the cellular network.

Jimmy07

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ram 2500 2019 Jeep Cherokee
I have read a lot of different posts, some say you have to add a module and have it programed by the dealer. When I looked the kit up, it says discontinued. I also want to be able to use the Jeep UConnect app also.
Whenever someone asks about these two things, everyone always addresses the second part about the app, but not the first part about actually adding factory remote start.
You don’t need to add a module (or change the RF Hub). It doesn’t matter what the kit says you need, or supplies, and this goes for pretty much all FCA vehicles that use an RF hub- As long as you have the hood switch with the ajar sense, all you need to buy is the correct key fob that has the remote start button, have the dealer program it, have them add sales code XBM, and you’ll have factory remote start.
As far as adding it to the app, this can only be done if your vehicle is capable of having Sirius guardian. There’s a lot of hoops to jump through, but they’ll add it to the app.
If your vehicle was not factory equipped with a connected radio (no Sirius guardian capability), then you will never be able to get it activated for your VIN.

That being said, the drone mobile you have is cheaper, and WAY more reliable with remote starting from the app than the factory app.

ecidiego

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IT
..........and that's the way it goes. It's how automotive stuff has gone for a long time. Why should they make it really simple to swap out parts that are integral to how an entire system works and then fully support the changes YOU made buying parts from god only knows where?
Sorry, but I really don't blame them.
It's a whole can of works supporting massive changes made by internet experts following instructions published out there by anyone who does stuff.
A dealer may spend hours sorting out your screw-ups. (or the screw-ups made by those putting instructions out there)
You mod it, you own it - mistakes and malfunctions and all.
All they must do is warrant stuff to be free from manufacturing and assembly mess-ups by them. Not fix what internet geeks do.
If I sell you a car - and you swap in a whole sound system and replace the carburetor with EFI - you bought it - not my problem if things you touch doesn't work.
Not my responsibility to make anything work that you change unless it was due to a flaw in the car I sold you.
As much as Jeep people scream they are - or should be, they aren't legos.
So much works together as a system, it's not like the old days of swapping in electronic ignition for the points.
Agree in part...but not totally.

Case in point. Wife's 2014 MDX I bought in 2013. Factory remote start was an option. We didn't get it. Wanted it. Paid Acura dealer $300. They installed the factory module. Gave us 2 new keys with remote start button. Acura Link uses the same cellular network and database Jeep uses with SiriusXM. Remote Start was added to the app. Easy. 10 years ago. The end.

Jeep can't offer this in 2023? Acura was providing an identical feature...added on after the fact using OEM parts....10 years ago.

Jeep just doesn't want to. Let's not claim ' it's too complicated ' because it is not.

As far as ' Jeep has to fully warrant the parts and changes '. Lol. Jeep voids warranties on the regular no fucks given.

ecidiego

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IT
Whenever someone asks about these two things, everyone always addresses the second part about the app, but not the first part about actually adding factory remote start.
You don’t need to add a module (or change the RF Hub). It doesn’t matter what the kit says you need, or supplies, and this goes for pretty much all FCA vehicles that use an RF hub- As long as you have the hood switch with the ajar sense, all you need to buy is the correct key fob that has the remote start button, have the dealer program it, have them add sales code XBM, and you’ll have factory remote start.
As far as adding it to the app, this can only be done if your vehicle is capable of having Sirius guardian. There’s a lot of hoops to jump through, but they’ll add it to the app.
If your vehicle was not factory equipped with a connected radio (no Sirius guardian capability), then you will never be able to get it activated for your VIN.

That being said, the drone mobile you have is cheaper, and WAY more reliable with remote starting from the app than the factory app.
The man has spoken.
Sponsored