Sponsored

Removing the roof (3-peice hardtop) with a short wife and a tall husband?

Cape taco12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
I remove mine myself but I can’t hang it alone without fear of scratching or damaging the glass. I put it in my shed and have to really flip it to maneuver it in.

For easy storage without taking up much room you can hang a pair of wall hooks the type used for bikes or kayaks. Two people can put the roof section against the wall and put a 2x4 under the back of the top. I hang a painting drop cloth over it to keep it clean.

Like this guys set up.
Sponsored

Coachcal

First Name
Aidan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Education

Ankh

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Gladiator, '10 commander
Occupation
Steel
Vehicle Showcase

TheScott

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon

Sponsored

redriderjf87

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
saltmustflow.com
Vehicle(s)
'21 JT, '81 Z-28, '18 TW200, '72 CT 175
Occupation
Electrical Controls Engineer
Don't have a hoist set up yet but put a couple towels along the bed and slid it to the back of the truck, and pick it up from there.

Sponsored

Coachcal

First Name
Aidan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Education
I already have the hard top off and stored. Basically, the scaffold will roll as far up the bed as you would like. It is about 4 inches wider than the JT. I just pick up the top and turn around to set it down. The top is light enough to lift yourself. I just knew that if I had to jump down from the bed holding the top I would eventually drop it. This was a better option for me. The scaffolding comes in handy on other projects as well and keeps floor space open.

PXL_20220315_130205690.jpg

Orange01z28

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport S
I do it myself, but I just put in a bed rack so my current method will be much more problematic

Time to figure out a hoist

Echo 6

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Project Manager
I was able to remove mine by myself, I’m 5’9. I removed bolts slid the top back on the tonneau. It’s not heavy, ~60lbs, but it is awkward. On my jk I installed eye hooks in my garage rafters and used 1 cinch strap on each side, from corner to corner and that worked well.
Same here (height-wise). I used the same method as the video above several times last summer. I keep a sturdy table in the garage with a blanket on it: Store the roof resting window-side down and throw the old blanket over to protect the rest. It's a little cumbersome but definitely workable.

Scrunner

First Name
Patty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Mojave
I already have the hard top off and stored. Basically, the scaffold will roll as far up the bed as you would like. It is about 4 inches wider than the JT. I just pick up the top and turn around to set it down. The top is light enough to lift yourself. I just knew that if I had to jump down from the bed holding the top I would eventually drop it. This was a better option for me. The scaffolding comes in handy on other projects as well and keeps floor space open.

Jeep Gladiator Removing the roof (3-peice hardtop) with a short wife and a tall husband? PXL_20220315_130205690
How is the front supported?
Sponsored